Sign in to follow this  
Atrayu

Maps to Deed On

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there is a recommended map to place a PvE deed. I haven't played sine 2016 and would like to look at carving out a little piece of Wurm again for myself. 

Is it pretty much where ever you can find a spot or are there spots everywhere? My preference is to have a water source nearby but it doesn't have to be oceanfront property. Just some place I can have a boat dock now and again. 

Hope everyone is having fun! 

You'll get various opinions from various people on all servers.... it all depends on what YOU are looking for in a deed.

• Like 4

I'll say  pristine! But I live on pristine!

In fact, there are lots of nice places on all servers. On Independence, you will have history all over, hardly a patch which has not been settled yet once (lots of free spots though as everywhere), and a community with not few decade long veterans. The smaller servers are all different in their own ways, yet have more tightly knit communities, every of them probably glad to take newcomers.

With us on Xanadu, ok it needs some patience and resilience towards lag issues, though not as hard as rumoured. Xanadu, on the other hand, is the continent where you have a chance for virgin land if you explore deep enough up the mountains and inland. We arguably have the best developed highway and largest canal system of all servers, with such infrastructure projects going on. It won't be a problem anywhere therefore to find a mooring place for your boat.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone. Although I am currently on Xanadu, I think I may head to a smaller map. Exodus was my home for a while but I don't think I'll be heading back that way. I initially moved from Exo to Xan to be with friends who are no longer playing and there isn't much making me want to return there. Maybe I'll try Deliverance. It would seem like it's more of a hub between the 3 large islands/servers. Still not sure because Pristine and Release also seem like they would be nice servers - even for just a short time while I increase my skill sets.

So I guess I haven't fully made up my mind yet. I'm going to have to try and figure out just what I want to do. But I know one thing for certain, I'm gonna have to acquire a ship if I'm going to go anywhere first. Lol. Can you still hitch a horse to a ship and carry it across servers? I'm kinda partial to one I found getting my bearings back in game last night. We've been through quite a bit already and a good friend (albeit it a 4 legged one) is always something you never toss aside. :)  

With plot course, all servers are just one "plot course" away. So from any server now you can sail to any server. No need to pick deli because it's close to another server. That being said, Deli is a nice server also :)

Yeah, I was going to say that there are no 'hub' servers as with the Plot Course function that was likely added since the OP had last played years ago, all servers are one jump away.  Get in a boat, click 'Plot Course', select the server you wish to travel to, and that's where you'll be when you sail off the edge of the server you're sailing from.

Independance, despite being the oldest of the PvE servers you can play on, does still have many locations available to settle on near resources like water, forests, and rocks to mine.  The north tends to be less inhabited than the lower central areas near the Freedom Market, The Howl, and Haven's Landing.  Inland areas away from the coast especially are great hunting grounds that are no longer settled or never were substantially settled in the first place.

Just suggesting that you check out and consider more than just one or two options before making a permanent decision, and do try out the links to community maps found on the forum sections of most Freedom Isles servers.

After scouting out several areas and a few hangups - I have settled on Pristine. 

Thank you for every comment and suggestion. I did my best to follow your guys' advice. I almost settled on a couple different spots but eventually found my new home without settling for just any place to create a settlement. :)  

• Like 1

It looks like you settled on Horse Shoe Island.

Welcome to Pristine :)

3 hours ago, Ohana said:

It looks like you settled on Horse Shoe Island.

Welcome to Pristine :)

I figured it must of had a name. Lol. Thanks! :)