Sign in to follow this  
Tigerclaw

Roof Types

Hey Guys , Roofer By Trade Would be Nice to get Something more out of the roof's we put on build's

small middle large  maybe valleys

Right now we have almost nothing we make the roof and it pops on the build.

Roof Types     https://imgur.com/Nsfhmec               

roof valleys    https://imgur.com/XSXeVWI

roof gable     https://imgur.com/PSyg7wW

Thanks TigerClaw

Edited by Tigerclaw
  • Like 3

i have often thought would be cool to have colored roofing materials like blue or green slate, rose marble (not sure rose marble for roofing). Always thought different colors of slate would look cool and a little variety to people build types and such.

• Like 1

Yes please!  The roofing mechanic feels overdue for some love and attention once more pressing matters are attended to.  Bringing roofing options such as mentioned in the OP would open up a lot of options for various looks to customize our buildings.

More roof options like Tigers suggestion gets a massive thumbs up from me. Would certainly add some more varitey to buildings etc.

And if we do get to a real overhaul on roofing, PLEASE do ceilings at the same time.  Our fancy houses look like barns or storage buildings with their unfinished ceilings.

• Like 1

Valley, yes.

Also, skillion.   If, for instance, you have a 2 storey house say 3 x 2 and you want to roof over a 3 x 1 patio/verandah, it gets a gable hip roof that a) looks hideous and b) obstructs the view from the upper storey.  A skillion roof type ("lean-to" I guess for those outside my local geo) would be much more aesthetically pleasing and practical.  Instead of full-height, make it start at the same height as the bottom of windows etc. or something. 

Edit:

Variable pitch, too.  Just have a roof height specified in 0.5 increments from 0.5 to say 2.

Edited by TheTrickster
ack! not EVEN a gable

I guess we won't be getting Custom Orb any time soon  😁

It's very hard to build a Queenslander in Wurm.

Build the roof like you build arches.  

T arch -> gable peak

Left and right arches -> left and right skillions

Arch -> Hip

Rotation of would be of great help.

Not sure how to approach flat roof other than it being a "floor above" with possible new material types.

i have always thought that the buildings are extremely lacking in the roofing area. also i'd like to see the ability to make ceiling tiles under the roof so u dont have the huge gap between the wall and the top of the building that just looks odd and unfinished. oh man this has gotten me thinking about a lot now i need to go make a new thread....

+1 this is something that has been suggested many times by people in the past. Roofs are what adds character to a home.

Gable ends, Hip returns, bullnose roofs, double gables. Gables are something we definitely need.

I almost think they need to go into a "Roof mode" like setting like making a bridge.

Where u customize the pitch of the whole roof i would stick with 2 settings 6/12 and 9/12 pitch and then decide on the edges of the roof if it will be a gable or hip profile.

uWEhsTe.png

kzwguIY.png

• Like 2