Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Title Rewards.

Would love to see rewards come with titles. Like coin or something useful to that particular title. The higher the title the greater the reward. 

as far as rewards, so many games offer decent rewards for particular titles and achievements, I would have to agree with Katrat, that WURM is a bit behind on rewarding players, even rift loot seems to have drastically dropped back the last two i participated in compared to others I have. Games these days are very re-warding and WURM needs to change and grow with the times and new generations of gamer's who are used to stuff older players are not.

• Like 1

I would rather have players ingame who find enjoyment in achieving goals than players who want give-mes for playing.

I think your titles should grant a slight benefit , like the armorer ones do.

In order to combat wholesale title swapping, you should be limited to changing your title once a week if the slight bonuses are implemented.

They're important landmarks on the player journey; adding some form of bonus for using them seems reasonable from a design standpoint.

• Like 1

Coin, no. Boosts to imping the same way armour smithing and the like gets? Sure, might be neat. But then you're going to be swapping titles often to get a benefit and that sounds terrible.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Madnath said:

Coin, no. Boosts to imping the same way armour smithing and the like gets? Sure, might be neat. But then you're going to be swapping titles often to get a benefit and that sounds terrible.

Sounds fun... imagine improving your carpentry tools a ql or more ... and switching titles.. carpentry for the mallet, switching another title later for the blacksmithing file.. than you could switch to weaponsmithing for the carving knife...

That's just ONE toolset.. and several switches.. looking up 1 title among many.. indeed not exactly a fun thing to switch around constantly... what if things could be there.. passively unlocked.. as the character have reached the goals to get them already...

--edit

1 option for unlocks.. is to allow people with specific skills to apply 2nd rune to items in that skillset, raise success rate or allow additional rune attachment for every next tier of the skill's milestones... making 100 skilled kind of ... epic OP... able to add 4th rune to basic crafted items? (maybe too op ^^, anyway thought we were going big with ideas..)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

I thought the title was the reward.  I wouldn't have a problem with whatever achieved the award also achieving some other benefit.  I am sure that this already happens in some cases.  In fact, I think it is the earning of the benefit (e.g. a particular skill level, which opens access to a particular action) that garners the award.  In that case it's a bit like, "I won the lottery, so I get a cheque, but I want appearance money for collecting it."  Or like asking to get paid a commission on the overtime you claim.

Or just add it as a passive bonus once you earn a title.

Example : 1. You earn 50 blacksmithing = +5% increase in ql when improving

2. 70 blacksmithing = 10% increase in ql when improving

3. 90 BS = 15% increase in ql when improving

4. 100 BS = 25% increase in ql when improving since you're practically an absolute master of said skill .

That way you don't need to swap between the 100 titles you have, just have it as a passive bonus to your character, same way as passive resistances work from cherries/tomes.

For skills that don't require improving, you can change bonuses:

Weapons : Higher chance to hit.

Shields : Higher chance to block.

Creation only skills  = Faster creation timers.

3. Woodcutting/mining/digging = Faster use timers or reduced failure rate for low ql output, since quality is a given of higher skill.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elentari said:

Or just add it as a passive bonus once you earn a title.

Example : 1. You earn 50 blacksmithing = +5% increase in ql when improving

2. 70 blacksmithing = 10% increase in ql when improving

3. 90 BS = 15% increase in ql when improving

4. 100 BS = 25% increase in ql when improving since you're practically an absolute master of said skill .

That way you don't need to swap between the 100 titles you have, just have it as a passive bonus to your character, same way as passive resistances work from cherries/tomes.

For skills that don't require improving, you can change bonuses:

Weapons : Higher chance to hit.

Shields : Higher chance to block.

Creation only skills  = Faster creation timers.

3. Woodcutting/mining/digging = Faster use timers or reduced failure rate for low ql output, since quality is a given of higher skill.

Then we're back at the endless roundabout argument about the distance between newbies and vets

I generally think the only reward there needs to be is the title

• Like 1

bonus to 100.. kind of makes it worth the grind.. but also puts a serious distance to walk to catch up.. while 1-90 might not be a big thing to grind for some skills in terms of effort or time.. 99-100 IS A MARATHON…

• Like 1

We could flip this idea around a little and make whatever the Title bonus or reward more of a community asset by giving something back to the Deed/Village/Alliance.    Perhaps a range of items could be enhanced for the entire deed and thus might also be a mechanism leading to more integrated communities (this includes alliances)

As indicated above some type of Title bonus but instead of the individual gaining a reward it is spread to a deed buff. 

Some examples might be:

A master Chef (Sl 50) might bring an extra 1% nutritional  bonus to all food prepared on the deed (no matter who cooks it).    Same with other primary skill sets as long as the skill activity takes place within the deed.   

Perhaps as a community gains different grandmasters at 90+ skill in the village (or alliance),  the deed upkeep can get a reduced upkeep buff.  (the number of grandmasters TBD)

I know the solo crowd would not like this, but honestly the solo crowd (and newbies) would now have more reasons to consider joining a village or alliance if community buffs helped their game-play.     

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of good ideas on this but I have to say I'm really liking Snowmantis' idea the most so far. It really could be incentive for bringing lone wolves into the pack and why not make a title useful to an entire village or alliance. ❤️ Plus it gives those who slaved away to achieve those titles more prestige.

11 hours ago, Madnath said:

Then we're back at the endless roundabout argument about the distance between newbies and vets

I generally think the only reward there needs to be is the title

I have always been in the camp if screw the newbie on that part why should the new player have it easier or on the same as the vet

A master blacksmith who is the number 1 in his field should have an easier time then a brand new apprentice who just started today so let the 100 title give a nice bonus to imping chance or improved ql result per imp its not like it is that hard to reach 90 or above in any skill now days

I myself hate any imping skill it drives me nuts but i sat down before we lost access to accounts because of that stupid rule to grind my blacksmithing to 90 because i wanted to be able to atleast maintain my tools somewhat and less then a month later of a few hours a day in a not so optimized grind im at 90, What im getting at is if someone like me who hates the improving part of the game so much can suffer through it and grind a skill like bs to 90 any newbie can do the same within no time if they really wanted to so  the whole "it creates a divide between the 2" should shouldnt really matter after all it only makes sense that the better you are in something the easier of a time you should have making something look better/function better

Now what should remain the same is skill gain that should be the same with no bonuses being applied by anything other then what we can get at the start(or in the case of meditation after some sitting around) but bonuses that make their respective skills a bit easier sure why not you put in the effort so why not reap the benefits beyond "oh i can imp to higher ql but its harder to do so then a 20bs imping to 20"