Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Remove "wood" from all wooden craft names

Oak = Oakenwood

Pine = pinewood

Why?  Do we not already know they are wood?  It just makes the names longer and our inventory windows bigger to accommodate.

I don't see iron items labeled as Pickaxe, ironmetal, so why for wood?

Hey, you are deleting wood from the UI (Ironwood), so how about deleting it from our items too (please please please!)

• Like 1

I also wish banners etc didn't have the wood type at all.
In fact, I wish most things didn't.. maybe tools?

"pinewood Jenn Kellon kingdom banner"

I wish it was just - "Jenn Kellon kingdom banner"

etc, wish it was this way for most wood items.

• Like 1

I personally "wood" like to see the material types as an option that could be enabled or disabled in settings.  When you have your gear and know what it is, we don't need the extra info.  Only during trades and treasure hunting would those really matter I suppose.

Correct me if i'm wrong but this option doesn't already exist ?

fU29fc2.png

+1 for shortening the material suffix.

Maple, cedar, Linden etc.

1 hour ago, Syhl said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but this option doesn't already exist ?

fU29fc2.png

Well, it doesn't do what I'd hoped.  I tried that before adding my suggestion.  Below are two pics.  First is with the setting enabled and second is with it disabled.

2m4PYt2.png

ClybjUH.png

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

So turning of suffix means the info is still included, just not pushed to the suffix.    

Definitely drop "wood" from these.  Nobody talks like that.  Fruit woods maybe get used like that sometimes, but generally it just isn't used.  You have an oak door, a pine table, a cedar chest.  

Actually, the ordering and display of item descriptions needs a rework. Say I have a large crate, that was made out of birch, and I have renamed it "Bricks" because that's what I have in it.  Anyone can see it's a crate, and a large one, and nobody cares what kind wood was used.  The only important thing not immediately visible is the "Bricks" label.  It should either show "Bricks" on hover and then maybe on examine (or in a window), "Bricks", Large Crate, Birch.  If it isn't name, then it just says "Large Crate".

• Like 1

agreed to losing the "wood" i mean it just being a oak barrel, cedar crate, willow longbow, and a grape knarr are fine enough..  

Agree on the less wood for wood. It seems like a phrasing that failed in translation somewhere and has endured.

oh no i get it now, i mean today i woke up and put my cottoncloth shirt on and my dennimcloth pants and went outside and as i sat on my plasticresin porch chair smoking my tobaccoplant cigarette i thought to myself that his pinewood deck i sat upon could use a little fix up.....😏

• Like 1

Yeah, that sums it up.  I can see where the fruit trees could have been the cause of this.  In my house, I had Brazilian cherrywood floors.  So maybe they just tried to keep everything uniform.  But it just isn't needed and seems like a very easy tweak to resolve.  I've made a ton of suggestions over the years and most require a significant amount of dev work, which generally removes it from consideration.  This one has a shot ;)

it would make crate rack so much easier to have a good overview over 😛 
or maybe let the rename, rename the full item incl the wood type. could just see this with a examine.

• Like 1

+1 I'm all for anything that makes visual sorting through inventories faster and less tedious and for shrinking inventory windows without reducing readability via font size.

• Like 1