Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

New Phobia mode model options

Is There a chance we could look into making the phobia mode models something less terrifying? Like ferrets for example? Or some sort of animal not found in the game yet? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gawain said:

Or some sort of animal not found in the game yet? 

Quack

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flubb said:

Quack

Good suggestion for the swap, I'm not against having ferrets either. I'm not one to use the phobia mode but I feel it should include the anaconda as well. In fact even that doesn't fix the most hideous and unsettling model in the game. 

Spoiler

Rescued baby seal! The amount of abused baby seals have increased ...

Spoiler

Stephen Miller - Democratic Underground

• Like 1

I am not sure including more animals in phobia mode is necessarily a good idea, unless it comes with options for which animal to include. I don't really like snakes, I hate scorpions and tiny beetles make me scream in real life, yet the anaconda, scorpion or cave bug doesn't bother me at all. The spider models we had before these didn't bother me too much either, in fact I don't think anyone ever complained before the current "realistic" spider models were introduced. I can't watch any of Retro's streams or any other stream for that matter, because I am afraid the streamer will run into a spider-infested forest.

+1 to a new model though, blobs are really boring, and I do know that the texture bother quite a few people.

Turn them into nazi zombies. Everyone like to kill nazi zombies.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 2:07 AM, Wilczan said:

Turn them into nazi zombies. Everyone like to kill nazi zombies.

Even other nazi zombies do.

Phobia mode is in to avoid arachnophobia, not to avoid anything looking scary. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Phobia mode is in to avoid arachnophobia, not to avoid anything looking scary. 

I have never used the mode (I don't have any phobias - sharks don't count because there is nothing irrational or unreasonable about not sharing a space with them) but I do wonder does it include models for the anacondas?  Ophidiophobia is very common (although I don't know if it is more or less common than arachnophobia). 

Would the giant scorpions trigger arachnophobia, or are they sufficiently "not-spider"?

It would be good if the phobia models were of some other animal that can be scary (please not kittens or ferrets).  Maybe make them koalas and wombats, most people think those cute and cuddly (i.e. most people are half-right) - or maybe a diprotodon to eliminate "cute" as well.  We could have Tassie devils, or thylacines or even thylacoleos!  If we had stuff like that I would turn on phobia mode just to see them.

Edited by TheTrickster