Sign in to follow this  
Dinant

Strange Memory Issues

Over the last couple of weeks the fairly normal client memory leaks have been getting worse, to the point a client is using 10gb of ram just standing around crafting. 

I tried all the thing suggested over time in various threads and nothing worked, out of desperation I finally downloaded the normal client (been using the low memory client) and to my surprise it seems to actually be doing garbage collection. The client slowly creeps up on memory consumption as before, but around when it approaches 3gb it collects back down to 1.7gb or so.

I know this probably isn't very helpful in tracking anything down, but it's so absurd I had to post about it.

For me on a rift today I got to the point where 14GB of RAM been used on a single client - despite frequent relogs it did not help. Had to restart the whole system, now it creeps up again in low settings from 2.1GB .. .currently 3.4GB and increasing.

I can confirm this however as well and noticed this during the sermon. With 2 clients connected, I am required to restart them at least once a day, else they will eat up the full 16 GB of memory. After the client is restarted, they usually both are just arround 6-8 GB.

Not sure about anyone else but if anything I have found this issue has got worse over the past few months and not better. I struggle to keep 2 clients open for more than a couple of hours now. Even 1 client used to run all weekend and it now barely makes it overnight.