Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

Allow Floors to be Dyed/Painted

As title clearly states- please let us paint/dye the floors of our buildings.  I cannot conceive of any reason why this should not be allowed in the game.  I was honestly surprised when I learned it could not be done.

• Like 2

Bump.

If there is a reason why this has not been nor could be implemented, please share.   I've spoken with a few other players more experienced in the game than I am, and they agree they don't know why floors are not able to be dyed but also would love to see this allowed.

Yes, please.

The roof, too, would be nice.  Don't know about other parts of the world, but here the colours of floors and of roofs are a function of preference, not the material used.

• Like 1

+1 to both floor and roof painting. I've been dying to turn my slate roof blue. Also would like to have a winter with no snow on my kitchen floor. No idea why but sandstone slabs inside are still glitched in that regard.

2 hours ago, Katrat said:

Also would like to have a winter with no snow on my kitchen floor. No idea why but sandstone slabs inside are still glitched in that regard.

Perhaps you have paved the ground rather than build a floor.  I know I have in my house, but that was intentional preference.

34 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Perhaps you have paved the ground rather than build a floor.  I know I have in my house, but that was intentional preference.

Yes I do and also by choice as objects appear to sink into the floors but not the paved tiles. But still the tiles are inside the building not outside. Though I would be tempted to put in floors instead if they could be painted. ;)

13 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Yes I do and also by choice as objects appear to sink into the floors but not the paved tiles. But still the tiles are inside the building not outside. Though I would be tempted to put in floors instead if they could be painted. ;)

It seems it doesn't matter where the paved tiles are, they are treated like they are exterior, so they get snowed on, even in a closed room.  Floors don't, even if you have no roof.

It's physics, Jim, but not as we know it.