Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

[Resolved] Wooden Nameplate on Hell Horse

So last night I tried to rename a cared for hell horse with a wooden nameplate and wasn’t able to. The option didn’t show up in right-click. I tried when the hell horse was charmed and again untamed. I know I was using the item correctly because I had the option to ‘rename creature’ on a regular horse. Unsure if bug or intended, but I’d like to be able to rename my hellies. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/173380-patch-notes-30jan20/

"Wooden nameplate: Allows you to rename any domestic creature as well as unicorns and hell horses"

Thanks for that, this all was added while I was on a long break. 😊 Not sure why I’m unable to do it, then. I’m going to try branding today to see if that works, because I realized it isn’t. But if it does, then the examine text with the instructions should be updated.

Edit: Yeah no, I branded it and tried renaming while both tamed and untamed. It isn't an option.

Edited by Joelle

Figured it out, it is intended... I'm trying to use it on a hell horse foal, and if I were to name it now, it would lose its name when it matures to a full grown hell horse. Forgot that hell horses come in foal form now, and it's a "different creature." Wogic.

Can close, thanks!