Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

If you see bridled horses wandering around Harvestmoon Lagoon, they were probably mine.

I have through my own absentmindedness allowed some horses to escape.

Long story short, I was in the middle of knocking down a fence to replace it (as in actually between those, I had knocked down but not replaced) when my client crashed.  I have had lag issues there before and as I couldn't get back on immediately I gave up for the night.  Well, life being what it is I didn't get back on for a few WEEKS and found way fewer horses than I expected.  I had completely forgotten about the disrupted re-fencing.  This is on a canal, so it would seem that they swam out.  Through the help of another villager and the general laziness of horses, I recovered two but I think I still have at least 2 out there.  I think a black and a gold buckskin are still missing (at least those I remember, there could be others I don't).

In that particular pen were ONLY horses with at least bridles (hooray for the couple of saddled ones).  I can't remember the names, but they would have only 1 named parent at most, they would be bridled and are branded and likely would be mature at the oldest.  If you find them,  I would appreciate their return or at least to know they found a more secure home (I did do a quick look around the waterways for drownded ones, and fortunately found none).

You can always retrieve a horse branded to a deed on the same server using "Manage-> Animals" (rclick hand or body shape on paper doll window). In the Animals window, look for the missing horse (must be off deed so easy to find), mark it and "Find Direction". It can be a while to get close, messages about distances are https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Locate_soul#Distances

Good luck

• Like 4

Also luckily they never drown, horses can swim. Yes, give a try on the Find direction, you should be able to find all the branded ones!

Nice.Thanks for the tip.

A wee problem with doing that is the sheer number of horses with our deed brand (I would estimate hundreds).   These were foals not so long ago, and I haven't remembered names.  I will still try it and see if anything rings a bell.

You can also check the age of the horses on the Manage animals page - that may help to narrow down the list. You will also see there if the horse is on deed or off deed - you can start with off deed horses.

Well, I tried it.  Of the 2 I was looking for I found 4!  😜

The black and the gold buckskin but also a grey and a brown I had forgotten.  Only the brown was off-deed (quite a way off, too).  The others had been stuck into our big horse pen so I just had to keep looking through them all till I found them.

Of 6 that I foolishly let escape I have recovered 6, & really only 2 hadn't been secured by others to keep them from wandering further.  Nice.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by TheTrickster