Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Small things, big moments of joy

Staying home all day we discovered that we still have an outside yard where our chickens lay eggs under an old garden chair.  For the first time in a very log time we could sit outside in the morning sun instead of in an office staring out a window.   Literally having time to smell our roses.  Finding little joys in life has been a good way to stay calm.  Hope everyone finds something like this.  

• Like 4

For us, it's been lots of quiet time with just us and our animals, getting to rewatch old favourite shows and cooking together, which we usually don't have the time to do. Though we're both still working, the shorter office hours mean shorter days, not leaving in the dark in the morning and not getting home after dark at night, but instead falling into a gentler, less frantic pace of daily life which has been soothing and uplifting at an otherwise difficult time. ❤️

• Like 1

Enjoying the lack of traffic noise and pollution. It's like the countryside has come to the town. Have you noticed the songbirds are singing so loudly in the mornings? - it's like having the Wurm crop bird piping up at 5am each day!

• Like 2

the rich cant go on trips/holidays polluting the skys with plane fumes , cars are not needed much now they were poisoning us slowly my citys fumes are gone the planet is happy as ,sports are shutdown i can watch the news for 25 min not 5 min of news and 25 min of sport . animals in china have had a good few mths off being treated badly . unemployment money has doubled in aust .i can access my superanuation 10,000 x2 ,and pay no tax on it .theres not much toilet paper u have to search for it like a quest .every ones at home relaxing for once.crime rates dropped . supermarkets are goldmines.we are seeing singers bored trying to sing to us oh god shut them up.all the vip,s are just normal people now moneys not the big all . feeling equal , cruises are suicidal now .my 2 biggest citys are embarassing the rest of the nation they cant social distance ,yeh lifes pretty good  if your carefull 

• Like 1

For me, one of the positive things is the way that when you go out for a walk everyone says hello even if you have never seen them before. It is as though all realise that togetherness is strength.

Another positive thing is the way that the 'little people' such as our fantastic health professionals have shown just how important they are to us all. Who needs so-called celebrities when you have a wonderful 99 year-old man who can unite the whole world and gather more than 27 million pounds for good causes AND be part of the number one record in the UK?

Stay safe everyone!

Edited by Spolmit
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Spolmit said:

togetherness is strength.

Umm....  

Noticed on a walk not one but 2 tight clusters of people from our street gathering together to chat etc.  were there on the way out and still there about 30 min later coming back.  I was very tempted to yell out "You're not doing it right!"  

My workplace has reached out to our clients to reassure them that we aren't about to drop the hammer on people struggling to pay fees, and asking people in financial distress to contact us so we could look at ways to help them.  First couple of responses were from people reassuring us that they were fine.  We also have some who have intentionally double-paid so we can allocate the extra payment to someone else.

• Like 2

Being one who has preferred solitude to interactions with others nothing much has changed other than seeing them out and about less frequently. The sounds of traffic on the road nearby has less disturbed the tranquility of a softer silence further leading into peaceful meanderings of thought. At times a stroll through the enclave has brought to mind a sort of end of times scenario with all surroundings void of others as they are securely locked up within their dwellings, yet the promise of being the last man on earth remains unfulfilled.

Only the paranoia of entering my local supermarket where the invisible killer may lurk upsets an otherwise mostly enjoyable and normal state of affairs within my own solitary lifestyle. Even then, I have lived a long life with many experiences I am no longer capable of pursuing, so leaving this life for the possibility of another new journey would not be an unwelcome event. For those who yet have much ahead of them in this life I can understand your concerns and wish you the best as your future unfolds.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Ayes you and I are truly birds of a feather.. here's to  loneliness and all its possibilities.....;)

• Like 1