Sign in to follow this  
WittleBunnBun

[18:28:48] You are on The Expedition 1x1x PvE with Reputations 4k Custom Map QoL Mods

banner-8556-1573417263.png

Choose your path....

unknown.png

Sell your wares to shopkeepers...

unknown.png

Complete quests and expand the empire...

unknown.png

Explore a custom map... 

QmzrN8y.jpg

and embark on unforgettable adventures with friends...

3C8B78714948FDAFE9C4D68A325240E0C1CEDC4C

[08:10:57] <Jergal> Greetings to the Thordred
[08:11:15] <Thordred> The Thordred has been greeted succesfully.
[08:11:53] <Thordred> How goes it?
[08:12:02] <Jergal> [16:11:52] You start to cut down the Olive tree.
[08:12:07] <Jergal> Many trees need to be killed
[08:12:31] <Thordred> Ah, the ungoing war has branched out I see
[08:13:12] <Jergal> Most assuredly. It will end one day, but for now the axe and tree battle for dominance
[08:13:42] <Thordred> Who knows what will grow from this

===============================================================================

General Rules 

unknown.png

Server Settings

unknown.png

Mod List 

unknown.png

====================================================

Edited by WittleBunnBun

Nice friendly little server, map looks good, tons of untouched space still.    Perfect for those who want a laid back, chill, friendly oldstyle WURM experience!

• Like 1

Question about "Discord inactivity kicks after three months or one week of login" -- is that kicked from the server, or from the Discord and you ask for an invite back?

Just now, Brash_Endeavors said:

Question about "Discord inactivity kicks after three months or one week of login" -- is that kicked from the server, or from the Discord and you ask for an invite back?

Yeah, you caught me while I was still updating the ad xD 

I appreciate the great review btw. 

I like to go through discord every 3 months and take out the names of players that joined the discord but never played on the server or talked in the discord just to show our legitimate numbers. I had that in the rules, but trimmed them up because it wasn't really relevant to be in the ad. It wouldnt effect anyone that wants to play on the server or is curious about the server. 

I've been playing on this server since it started, and I have no doubt I'll be playing here for a very long time to come; the server itself is here to stay, that's for sure, and so am I. There's still a vast uninhabited wilderness out there to explore and tame, and the community is small but growing and most definitely friendly and welcoming.

The mods are good at preserving the core of Wurm (as does the 1x/1x nature, it's a marathon, not a sprint) but definitely improve the quality of life (Meditation for sure is improved), and greatly aid communication by linking to the server's Discord channel. Any long-term projects you've always dreamed of can be fulfilled here, or you can just set up a small farmstead somewhere and relax. This vast world is yours to explore and enjoy, and I thoroughly recommend it.

(Praise Fo) 🧐

• Like 1

A little over a year ago, WO experimented with chained guard towers and, according to retrograde, accidentally "slipped into the code" an internally discussed snippet that made new players unable to repair guard towers, unless they had at least 20 fight skill. The purpose was pure PVP oriented -- they wanted to keep newly made "repair alts" from being able to repair fortifications during a PVP siege. However, the code was never meant to go "live", which it did in both WO and WU during the priest update. There was an uproar among WO and WU PVE players, especially because of the tremendous disadvantage this put on newer players, who could build a guard tower but were now unable to imp it even to 10Q, because they lacked the ability to repair the tower while imping it.   WO devs quickly admitted this was not their intent and removed this accidental code from WO. However, because WU has always been a very low priority for them, they allowed the rejected code to slip into WU code. When WU players protested, Retrograde said "it's already been removed from the code." He said that a year and a half ago.  Of course, Wo by then had pretty much washed its hands of WU, and stopped fixing bugs and so the "fix"  never went into the WU client. It was up to WU modders to fix it on their own since Code Club didn't really care about bugs in WU code. Luckily, Coldie (aka Cuddles) made a very small simple mod that fixed the bug.

You can read the history of this bug here:

Although most other WU servers I have played on  have fixed this bug, it still exists on The Expedition, and I would humbly ask it be fixed there too, using Coldie's mod linked above, since this is NOT a feature from WO but an admittedly unfixed bug.  Which we may now never get.  Otherwise new players have extremely little incentive to build a guard tower, as it will simply quickly crumble away because they can neither imp it to a usable stage, nor repair it once it begins to decay. Not all players enjoy fighting, and it has long been accepted that some players play to kill things, and others play to make things. The last thing i would want to do on a 1x server is spend my intial hours whacking at a combat doll with a stick because of a bug in the code.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

21 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Thanks!!

I am really enjoying the server

That’s great to hear ❤️ 

Still looking for casually active members to come join our ranks! We welcome beginners, veterans, and people curious about different wurm servers. 

We are a very relaxed server that does no look to boss people around, or demand them to play a certain way. We just want to make friends and good wurm memories :D 

Our mod selection is based on the love of vanilla wurm, with the need of some quality of life improvements.

Some highlights for our mod selection are

• the meditation mod
    • added to fix the bugged version of meditation for WU
  • the fishing tweak mod
    • helps bring back the old, semi-afk version of fishing, while keeping the best parts of the new fishing system
  • the better digging mod 
    • enjoy dirts not falling into your pocket and stopping your digging process! 
  • the buyer merchant mods
    • don't rely on random rolls, fighting bounties, or abused traders to make your upkeep! 
    • sell goods such as wood, metals, food, butcher-ables and more to NPCs at camp for coins! 

Come check our server out! We are actively recruiting and looking for players to become a part of our wurm-home :) 

Looking for a place to meet experienced wurm players? Check out our cozy server & discord 😊

(link in the ad above) 

like a lot of this server.   just cant stand the tower chaining.    otherwise would be my other monitor server.    i understand why you do it.  just not my thing.   i prefer to go off and hermit up somewhere.    cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPaq said:

like a lot of this server.   just cant stand the tower chaining.    otherwise would be my other monitor server.    i understand why you do it.  just not my thing.   i prefer to go off and hermit up somewhere.    cheers

Appreciate you checking us out :)

Hope you are doing well! 

This looking interesting, too bad I came by too late. May I ask how long this server will run for? I didn't want to hop in there and got like half way whatever I was doing then the server get taken down.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:06 AM, Wildelf said:

This looking interesting, too bad I came by too late. May I ask how long this server will run for? I didn't want to hop in there and got like half way whatever I was doing then the server get taken down.

Thanks for checking us out. :)  Most of us live in Europe, so you might have missed us. And we have no plans to stop hosting the server. We have been running since November 2019 and the map still has a lot of room for development. 

EDIT: "We have no plans to stop hosting the server. " 

But I should clarify that the active community members (myself included) are on a break, waiting to check out the new WO servers offered on through steam. So the server is up and running for those still wanting to play there/check it out. Most community members are still reach-able through the discord relay mod, so we all can still chat with players in-game from our phones. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun