Sign in to follow this  
leander

capitalize names

i have two main suggestions about names, and a third lump in

the first one may be an old suggestion or been put forth elsewhere but i believe that a players name should automatically be capitalized from creation and should be displayed everywhere capitalized, like in the hud name plate or in the new floating chat text.

secondly we should be able to give ourselves a last name if we so choose, or be able to use one space in the name creation, i say one because i know using spaces could be exploited, but its not like names have been exploited in other ways i.e. using 'X'es, or mashing word together 'justlikethis', or clever puns. all i am suggesting with the last names or the addition of allowing a space to be used is to add more depth to the role-play that i personally enjoy.

lastly i know its been suggested before but i truly believe we should be able to pay in the store to change our name.  i mean if i want to change my name i should be able to, this should be limited as well, so it cant be exploited, like if i change my name im locked to that name for 6 to 12 months.  i understand some people may say "well that means this person here that has a bad rep can just change their name and server and can just continue their bad behavior." the simple response is if that person has been reported or had a complaint filed against them to any wurm staff then a GM or Staffer can choose to make that person ineligible for a name change either for temporary or permanently depending on severity of the offence.

Entire wurm mesahe with name change like when making a deed should be shown if they alow it.but then again.  One time name change per char should be alowed only.and as a high cost. For those people that brought Tintin named char and wants to renamed to Awesome Meagain for example

• Like 1

Yes to capitalizing and spacing.

Yes to ability to change name, yes to long cool downs on it, but either the first change should be free OR the first name should just be a generic "Playerxyz" until a name is chosen.  

There really isn't much in the way of exploits, if the display name is only that and there is an underlying permanent character id.    Current name displays in chat and on hover, previous names easily available, and Bob's your uncle (until he changes his name to Agrafelafel The Musically Flatulent).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Yes to ability to change name, yes to long cool downs on it, but either the first change should be free OR the first name should just be a generic "Playerxyz" until a name is chosen.

this is a good plan for people just trying the game from steam i think and your first name change would happen on purchas of first month of prim i guess, then again they do have the mechanic of a player created and never played beyond or primed dose disapear

5 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

There really isn't much in the way of exploits, if the display name is only that and there is an underlying permanent character id.    Current name displays in chat and on hover, previous names easily available, and Bob's your uncle (until he changes his name to Agrafelafel The Musically Flatulent).

this i was referring to a player making a name like <iiIIiiIIiiII                                                  iiIIiiIIiIiI> but making a player name like <Mad Dog Jack Mcgraw> is a bit excessive to, however say i wanted to have a name like <Leander Blacksail> the last name could be optionally displayed even,  i had a thought about previous name could be in a history of the character id.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1