Sign in to follow this  
dlinacre

Food / Farm goods as decoration

So I was farming my fields last night and my inventory became full. Instead of trudging all the way back to the cart I dumped all my potatoes onto the ground to keep harvesting. To my delight I saw we had a neat looking model of a bag of potatoes which I'd never seen before. So I did it with grains - and we get a bag of grain. Pumpkins is a pile of pumpkins neatly stacked. Cotton comes in a really nice bale - all of these models someone has spent time making we never really see because we dump them straight from our inventories and into FSBs or BSBs.

It got me thinking it would be pretty awesome to be able to have these out on display - imagine your storeroom with your BSBs and your FSBs, but with stacks of goods artfully arranged to add to the immersion.

You could do it now, but you'd probably have to replace the goods every week or so to combat decay. I could see me doing it once, maybe twice before it gets old.

So how about some process where you're able to turn something from being functional to being decorative only (to stop useable potatoes from having infinite shelf life outside an FSB). You take a potato, cast a spell or do an action and it's no longer a potato but still uses the same model - then we can place all these cool models we never get to see and actually get some use out of them.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks

Daeron

Edited by dlinacre
spelling