Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Abel

Platinum Isles - The Empire Wants YOU!...

Greetings fellow Wurmians!

The Empire wants YOU to help colonize our new world of Platinum Isles.  This world is 32x32km (8k map) with a large mainland mass and numerous large and small islands along it's coastlines.  Initial scout reports indicate that warmer climates may be found in the western regions while cooler climates can be found further east with temperate, marsh, and steppe in the vast center.  The Empire will gladly furnish volunteers with a copy of our most recent map upon request.

Development of the Platinum Isles is critical for the progress of The Empire.  The Emperor has tasked representatives to manage the construction of the island capital Principium, and the infrastructure of it's lands as well as promote colonization of the Platinum Isles.  Principium was founded April 15, 2020 and still desires a lot of foundation work.  The Empire will pay generously for any materials or labor offered, allowing you the opportunity to fund your own settlement.  Our current knowledge and exploration of these lands reveals the following characteristics:

• 100k Creatures
  • 40% Aggressive
  • Breed Modifier - 5
  • Field Growth Ticks - 3 Hours

These discoveries may seem to change as more adventurers report their results.

All volunteers will be equipped with a standard universal toolkit essential for survival and report to Principium upon arrival.  Your arrival through The Empire grants you access to a whole new world with starting skills of 5 and gain rates and action timers of 3x.  Furthermore, the Emperor himself will bless you with Characteristics of 20 with Mind Logic and Body Control of 25.  The Empire will also be granting you access to the following Quality of Life technologies:

• Add Kingdom Items
  • Announcer
  • Archery
  • Bag of Holding
  • Bounty Mod
  • Bounty on Burn
  • Building Skill Mod
  • Bulk Sorting
  • Buyer Merchant
  • Creature Age Mod
  • Crop Mod
  • Dig Like Mining Mod
  • Discord Relay
  • Event Mod
  • Fire Burn Time
  • Harvest Helper
  • Hitching Post
  • HotS Fixes
  • Inbreed Warning
  • Lead More
  • Meditate Mod
  • Milk Reset
  • More Potables
  • One Tile Mining
  • Tree Farm Mod
  • Spellcraft
  • Spell Mod
  • Stable Master
  • Taxidermy
  • Tent Sleep
  • Treasure Hunting

Additional technologies may be granted upon request.

*signed* - Apophis, Emperor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Static Map Link - currently updated every 2-4 days but will soon be live.:
platinumisles.hopto.org

Our moderators carry over 10 years of experience each.  Someone should be available to help *almost* 24/7. 
We are publicly open for anyone internationally.

As infrastructure progresses and the capital builds up, more opportunities to expand your own goals will open up as well.  Platinum Isles operates on a thriving economy where there's always plenty of coin to earn, allowing you to hire laborers of your own or trade with other professions further increasing the opportunities.  If you're looking for some work just speak up in Global Chat.  Have goods or services to offer?  Let it be known!  With a simulated supply and demand market and empire construction projects paired up with buyer merchants there's always plenty of supply orders to fill.

We invite you to come join us in the Platinum Isles!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special thanks to mod creators for custom-tuning content for us - Mthec, & Coldie - Thanks guys!  Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mr_Abel
*Last edit:  Updated map link to static address;  Added Bounty on Burn, Discord Relay, Fire Burn Time, HotS Fixes, Meditate Mod, Taxidermy, Treasure Hunting

Is there an image of the map? Is it a custom map? Whatever the header image is, it is not showing for me:

Error (410)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Ok, wurm-unlimited.com claims this is just the default 5-year-old  Ocrea map. Is that correct or an error? Be aware there are some custom mapmakers here that are willing to assist people on how to install their or any custom maps, and that the majority of regular WU players are a little exhausted/fatigued of servers that keep recycling the Ocrea & Heavenord maps that have been out for over 5 years...

Passing this time but I will be interested if you reconsider the map down the road, or if you can confirm wurm-unlimited.com is mistaken about the map being used.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

13 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Ok, wurm-unlimited.com claims this is just the default 5-year-old  Ocrea map. Is that correct or an error? Be aware there are some custom mapmakers here that are willing to assist people on how to install their or any custom maps, and that the majority of regular WU players are a little exhausted/fatigued of servers that keep recycling the Ocrea & Heavenord maps that have been out for over 5 years...

Passing this time but I will be interested if you reconsider the map down the road, or if you can confirm wurm-unlimited.com is mistaken about the map being used.

A quick check of one or two other servers with known custom maps (Eventide, Azetechnology because I know those off the top of my head) shows that they are Ocrea as well, so I wouldn't but much stock in that.

Nah its not ocrea

I went online and asked for the map in chat and they linked it

I did tell them its not showing up here properly but they havent said anything

Edited by nitram20

Ok that is good to know. I regularly check through wurm-unlimited.coms "latest servers" and it is too bad if a lot of them are showing as ocrea when they are not, as that defintely will discourage some. All of the ones I play on with custom maps, show the custom map name rather than Ocrea. 

Is it possible to get an image of the map being used?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

You can trick the online forum to read as Ocrea even when your map is custom. It takes it from the in game map database. I’ve had custom maps and it reads ocrea and you have to go into the DB table and manually change the map name. That’s also how you get the ocrea stones off the in game map. Sometimes I set it to freedom because that map has no stones or Icon overlay and let’s my custom in game map show clean. 

Land is expensive, if only the vast expanse of an 8k map had free deed creation then I would join.

13 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Is there an image of the map? Is it a custom map? Whatever the header image is, it is not showing for me:

Error (410)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

I apologize about the late response on this.  It would seem that some players are able to view the map in the thread while others may not.  I have added a link just below the image to the direct host which should allow zoom and scroll features.

1 hour ago, zCat said:

Land is expensive, if only the vast expanse of an 8k map had free deed creation then I would join.

I do agree, and have implemented systems to ease this woe.  We are implementing buyer merchants prepared to pay top coin for materials required to build infrastructure as well as our simulated market demands.  Actual values of everything have been greatly increased from vanilla values using a meticulously created economy system that accounts for action time and material cost with basic skills and tools.  Some players have earned 20 silver or more in their first day playing, which is plenty to start a small deed with.  This method allows us to play with a system that rewards players for their time and/or contributions while preventing random deeds from being opened and occupying land indefinitely while the holder intends never to return.

6 hours ago, Batta said:

That's returning a 404 error for me.

Apologies, there was actually a more recent map dump performed just before that link was posted.  The most updated link is now edited into the original post below the image and may also be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xte8jg0sj1m770s/PlatinumIsles.jpg?dl=0

Everyone should have access to download the map from this page as well to open in their favorite image viewer.

Great server with good people. Would suggest to anyone looking for a new server to call home. Abel has done a great job and looking forward to see how things progress moving forward. 

best server for those looking for something faster than 1x, but not very fast ... And for those looking for a map that is still being unveiled and has a lot to be built.

Once there was Britannia, a 8x8 map. To keep the lag acceptably low it was necessary to boot the server every day if I remember right.

To build roads on a 8x8 map is almost unpractical if people scatter their deeds wide and far.

8 hours ago, www said:

Once there was Britannia, a 8x8 map. To keep the lag acceptably low it was necessary to boot the server every day if I remember right.

To build roads on a 8x8 map is almost unpractical if people scatter their deeds wide and far.

Typically reboots are done daily, as any server of any size should be.  Sometimes this gets skipped but not often.

As for roads, I like to think we're doing pretty well so far and I'm not afraid to get my shovel dirty.

No free deeds. Good idea. Give people something to do. 

On 5/15/2020 at 12:25 PM, www said:

Wrong. Britannia was 16x16. That's four 8x8 maps. Took a very long time to sail from the far islands to mainland. 😛

• Like 1