Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Finding uniques

Hi.

To start off i must say, this topic is intended only for EPIC cluster. I do not play freedom and personally dont even care about any beefs between players regarding uniques that arise over there.

But what i care is that while devs try to work out the solutions for the freedomers, it hugely impacts epic game play and i want working mechanics on epic. After all, freedom and epic are completely different clusters, so mashing all updates for everyone is not right.

Lets start from the beginning. Due to whatever reasons on freedom, finding uniques via "locate creatures" spell or meditation "get info" was removed. As i said, this might be fine on freedom, however we got that on epic too. Now the thing is uniques on epic dont have to be claimed. They are free for all. However, due to the low population and other factors, those are rarely killed. They just roam around the map until some one tries to locate them to organise a hunt. Said that, majority of the uniques are over a year old, during that time most of them got imprisoned in the mines so they dint bash walls/deeds etc. The thing is, that some players quit playing, some started playing. Player A penned unique in the mine god knows where 2 years ago, then 1 year ago he quit. No one knows where it is penned who play on the server currently. Having no means (spells/meditation) to locate them, HOW DO WE FIND THEM? That is literally wiping the game content out of epic players as you just cannot find what you cant locate, cant see and it obviously cant aggro you. Locate was the only option to run around the map, locate an estimate and dig unique out of the mine some one left it there years ago.

So my suggestion is: Bring back locate/get info as it used to be on EPIC as the way it is at the moment is called - broken mechanics!

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 3

+1 I agree with you. Also would like to see this on freedom.

• Like 1

I can say that when having read this I just remembered we imprisoned a red dragon in a mine on Serenity (also about 2 years ago). It is probably still there as I doubt anyone would venture inside that mine for no reason.

If not giving the option to locate at least make it so that they will exit a mine once the mine door goes down or something.

mine doors arent the biggest issue. Thing is ppl lure them in mines, then strongwall mine entrance and drop dirt on the top. This makes it sure unique never escapes it and after a week or so it all looks so natural that its impossible to even suspect something is penned there. Im not saying theres anything wrong with penning them, all im saying its wrong we have no options at all to locate these uniques so we could recover them when ready to hunt. 

Even filing a support ticket the answer is always "oh its epic, we do not interfere with uniques etc". i dont even see nothing wrong there either, less intervention GMs make, the better for the game as a whole, but bloody GIVE US TOOLS to do it ourselves..

Edited by Skatyna

Epic is a PvP cluster.  Finding uniques should require leaving deed and spending considerable amounts of time roaming.  Lack of population isn't an excuse to make the game easier.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Epic is a PvP cluster.  Finding uniques should require leaving deed and spending considerable amounts of time roaming.  Lack of population isn't an excuse to make the game easier.

no one was talking about roaming. talking about finding things that cant be found with the current game mechanics. If i buried a coin in Sweeden and didnt give you neither a shovel nor a metal detector, how would you find it?

and what has population to do here? i was talking about uniques being penned in mines years ago that nobody knows where about no more as you cant see them, cant aggro them, cant even locate them. Mine every single rock tile in the server? is that your solution? 

Do you even play on epic to start with? or just randomly posting something without even reading all topic?

Once again, if i put 100 gold coins on a tile in a mine on your server, reinforced it all round, collapsed the entrance, poured some dirt on the top and planted a tree... how would you find where i hid it? least think about it before you post more...

Edited by Skatyna

Yeah I know of quite a number of uniques buried on a specific Epic home server. Funny thing is that depending on the mood of the said unique they may mine themselves out or stay in an open mine for years. Now you don't have any means to locate the buried ones. Whatever roaming you are up to - unless you open a mine every 20 tiles on the server.

On Freedom that is a different story - good as is though I still feel the announcements removed (besides adding uniques to pendulums was definitely a bad move) would be enough to give everyone fair chance to find them.

EDIT: on the Epic servers it might add a chance to get into PVP allowing to find the uniques by means of spell and path again.

Edited by Jaz

7 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Yeah I know of quite a number of uniques buried on a specific Epic home server. Funny thing is that depending on the mood of the said unique they may mine themselves out or stay in an open mine for years. Now you don't have any means to locate the buried ones. Whatever roaming you are up to - unless you open a mine every 20 tiles on the server.

On Freedom that is a different story - good as is though I still feel the announcements removed (besides adding uniques to pendulums was definitely a bad move) would be enough to give everyone fair chance to find them.

Yes, it is working on freedom i guess as every penned unique gets killed soon after and you have ownership rights on freedom. neither of this is true for epic. Ppl pen them so they dont stalk them and damage deeds also uniques are free for all. So why implying the exact same mechanics on both clusters as in general it is completely different and that left Epic in a huge struggle if you want to locate some blue hatchling lets say that some one happened to pen it 3 years ago in the middle of nowhere inside a mine and probably quit the game by now.. 

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Mine every single rock tile in the server? is that your solution? 

Nice exaggeration, but you and I both know that isn't the case.  There are 4 legitimate ways to look through cave walls... use them.

You have four servers..... FOUR.... spawning uniques, and not nearly as many people looking for them.  Stands to reason you should be able to find one or two dragons to improve your drake/scale set with, etc.  If 100% of the uniques on all four servers were penned and long forgotten.... you might have a valid point.... but they aren't.

5 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Nice exaggeration, but you and I both know that isn't the case.  There are 4 legitimate ways to look through cave walls... use them.

You have four servers..... FOUR.... spawning uniques, and not nearly as many people looking for them.  Stands to reason you should be able to find one or two dragons to improve your drake/scale set with, etc.  If 100% of the uniques on all four servers were penned and long forgotten.... you might have a valid point.... but they aren't.

Dude, stop posting anything that does not concern freedom. We are talking about EPIC here, get that? You have never ever played on epic at all, as if you did you would know about the combat penalties away your kingdom server to start with.. 4 servers.. lmao.. how many server are on freedom? Whats does that argument of "4 servers" even meant to say  inline with the initial post of having no game mechanics locating creatures? Do you even know that dragons/hatchlings give half the amount of hide/scale compared to freedom servers? So whys that different then, but locating is not? 

Anyways, dont answer at all, as i bet it will be another meaningless post of yours..

• Like 1