Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 095 New UI Showcase!

Default action key sounds awesome, looking forward to seeing how it works in game.

This looks really good. 

The text bubbles will be useful when the hordes of players will rush in the game as it goes to Steam :D

Also the new default-action button is nice, but I hope we keep our key bindings also.

That looks great. The default action key is going to be really useful, and those direct drags of items is going to save a lot of clicks. Also really like the look of the new skins on the left.

@Retrogradewill it be possible to toggle on and off different types of on-screen text? For example keep the over head text when talking, but not the bound key tekst at mouse pointer?

Edit: Wooopsidoo, forgot to put my usual gratitude for these improvements. Wurm keeps shining on the update front! :) 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

I don't like the cartoony look of the new UI... Can we have to option to keep the old skins with the additional filter functionality please? I feel like the Ironwood skin has a more modern look to it than this.

• Like 3

Everything looks great apart from text appearing over the head, first thing I'm going to disable

• Like 2

Can we get a screenshot of the character window?  I am curious to know if second-slotting a weapon on the back has been added yet. :)

• Like 1

An option to keep the old skins otherwise i realy like this uppdate (apart from the text wich i luckely can turn off)

• Like 3

Can we throw a barding on a horse without opening the window

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

And of course, one long-requested issue is the support of 4K monitors and resolutions of varying sizes. I'm thrilled to say that this will all be coming with the ability to scale, fully supporting 4K resolutions or any personal preference!

Added that in! 

I'm beyond excited for this, amazing job dev team! I can finally enjoy wurm in 4k!

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

please keep ironwood skin as an option? The new skin is a bit too modern for me...

Agreed that we should be able to have many UI skins to choose from.     Understandably there is development overhead when testing any new UI feature as all the skins need to be tested.  

Very nice update...  the mouse over is going to be a hit for new players.

• Like 1

@Retrograde will the inventory sort itself now when you logout?

meaning, do we still have to re-arrange everything everytime we login or not?

Yeah I'm quite excited, most features seem to be real handy.

Shall we be able to resize the crafting window maybe? That covers so much of my screen (I'm playing on outdated monochrome CGA full HD monitors).

UI scaling:  Can each element of the UI be scaled individually?  I have begged for a resizable craft window since day one and now would be the time to make it happen :)  You know how wee can make tool belts, compasses and fight UIs large or small?  More of that, but with more granular control of the sizes PLEASE oh PLEASE.

I am super excited about the action key bind.  Most other games I play work exactly like this.  Use it to open a door, pick up a tool, chop a tree, etc.

Chat tabs: Will we finally get a custom chat channel/tab so we can host group events that aren't just alliance, local or server?

In-world Text:  Can you make the tool tips, chat and emotes all look different?

For the actual full client window, would it be at all possible to leave the upper left corner free of any interactions?  I'm talking about the window frame, where the upper right has "- x" to minimize and close and the upper left has the Wurm "W".  It used to be inert, but for the last year or two, you get a menu if you click there.  Why do I ask?  When you stack 10 clients on top of each other, you need a corner you can click on to select the window of the client you wish to use.  There are a good number of players that run multiple clients (most players?) and that last update made it a bit more difficult to do so.  Huge issue?  No.  Nice to have?  You bet.

http://prntscr.com/rxveyw

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Gotta give it to you guys and gals, this is looking lovely. As always, thanks for your hard work :)

Ohh ye, do the scaling work the other way aswell? Like like for 1280x720 res? Or maby i have just missed how to scale down the ui 😛

3 hours ago, Borneas said:

How will the new dragging without opening work, like the pile of dirt in your example video? For instance, if I want to turn my camera, but accidentally throw my rare woodscrap into my 90ql campfire.

You need to hold a modifier key, CTRL by default, to use the dragging functionality, so it shouldn't cause any accidents.

7 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Ohh ye, do the scaling work the other way aswell? Like like for 1280x720 res? Or maby i have just missed how to scale down the ui 😛

Yes, you can scale it down as well as scale it up with an arbitrary scale value - there'll be a setting for that.

• Like 4

Great, the ui takes up so much of the screen on my livingroom laptop. 

@Samoolsorry for double posting, but can you tell us if the "anti-macro feature" from medieval ages got reworked too?

will the items be saved at their spot when you logout in the inventory or do you still have to re-arrange them everytime you login?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

@Samoolsorry for double posting, but can you tell us if the "anti-macro feature" from medieval ages got reworked too?

will the items be saved at their spot when you logout in the inventory or do you still have to re-arrange them everytime you login?

Doubble that