Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Old Independence maps?

Are there any old maps with towns on it still floating around out there?

I may have a few.....

Collected with both extensive forum research and the Indy Community, for use in my pursuit of Archaeology 

Early Indy - Circa July 2009, deed locations and map lines are highly inaccurate

Spoiler

kihbk1K.png

Last Updated Project FRAM map - Circa 2010, low res

Spoiler

L4Y42UI.png

First Draft of New Map Project - Circa Early 2011, low res

Spoiler

kpcXtKZ.png

New Map Project - July 2011, Map admin - Darkmalice

Spoiler

HW9Dbts.png

New Map Project - Circa 2012, Map admin Mamadarkness

Spoiler

SvYgTfE.png

New Map Project - Circa 2013, Map admin Maximusi/Wraithglow

Spoiler

Gj1cE2o.png

New Map Project - Circa 2014, Map,, admin Archaed 

Spoiler

bNS3eYt.png

Since i was interested in "Old" deeds from our past i didnt ask for any newer ones than these, tho im sure there are players with them.

Edited by Dragonelle
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, Dragonelle said:

I may have a few.....

Collected with both extensive forum research and the Indy Community, for use in my pursuit of Archaeology 

New Map Project - Circa 2014, Map,, admin Archaed 

Reveal hidden contents

bNS3eYt.png

Since i was interested in "Old" deeds from our past i didnt ask for any newer ones than these, tho im sure there are players with them.

Thought you should know that this one is actually June 2015 from the date in its top right corner.

... and Thank you for those very early maps.  Some we were missing from our Collection of Indy Geo maps across the ages.

Cheers, Hughmongus

• Like 1

After doing some archive digging I found a later version of FRAM Map, that was released back in 2010 just before person who was running the project left his home country for a job overseas in Japan and had to quit Wurm to focus on the new job.

http://prntscr.com/lvhfj8 Further Developed FRAM Map 2010

This map was really instrumental back in 2013 during the initial development phase of Albia Roads Map, when I was doing the Geography corrects to the old base line Indy Community map, before the Rolf started to publish the Dump maps.

http://prntscr.com/s81u2x  This is a higher magnification of the area from Ultimarus down to Pest Harbour.

I hope this link is of some help to you. 

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
added map
  • Like 1

This is a fortuitous topic, since I was going through some old backups and found the map I made of what is apparently called Parris Island now. I started on Independence (although I don't recall it being called that yet) (as Scoth) when it first launched, and founded Old Karbothalia on Flamgra'in. Found it a bit crowded and moved down to what was unnamed, became BoS Island, and apparently became Parris Island at some point. I last played in probably late 2009, maybe early 2010.

Anyway, I've uploaded it. This was, to my knowledge, the first map of this island made in July of 2009. At the time, there was a settlement "Bos Island" as well as, apparently, the island itself already known as "BoS Island" by late June 2009. My recollection was the settlement being named "Bos" and not "BoS" but it was a long time ago, and other resources tell me I'm probably wrong. I remember running into some of the BoS founders pretty early on and got a bit of a grilling, but we stayed out of each other's way. I can't really say anything about Nora, I'm pretty sure I never met whoever ran it.

You can see my old settlement Old Karbothalia on a couple of the already posted old maps. Crazy to think some random thing I did 11 years ago is still kicking around at least in record form. I did log back into the game and popped right up where I left myself on Parris Island, but I sure don't recognize anything 11 years on!

GMbm8ej.png

• Like 4

Welcome home Scoth.  Wurm's been waiting!!

10 year break... just a wee bit of time off.

Thank you for that contribution.  We have very little info from that far back.

If you wish to have you new deed put on the current Indy roads map, please visit the below link and have a read.  It will explain what information is required.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/140493-albia-roads-map-of-indy/

Again, welcome home.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Nice to see all my past Mis-Deeds on Black Dog Isle are not totally forgotten ;)