Sign in to follow this  
Coinsack

Gambling and RMT

We cannot own the virtual currency, so I fail to see any way that gambling could even take place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the purpose of gambling is to profit. No way to profit if you can't receive ownership of anything.

On 4/10/2020 at 5:04 AM, elentari said:

No gambling in wurm. No RMT.  What's the point here?

I think you just answered your own question.

This thread seems to have gone way off base from the start. The extra "philosophizing" clutter doesn't seem to clarify the title, even though I can appreciate that sort of convoluted logic. Puzzling contradictions amuse me.

On 4/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, Meldichoir said:

We cannot own the virtual currency, so I fail to see any way that gambling could even take place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the purpose of gambling is to profit. No way to profit if you can't receive ownership of anything

The exception to this that I can see is that many people purchase in game currency on the web page for real money. Then they can gamble with it. The person winning the currency can turn around and pay their deed upkeep or subscription time with that currency, which means that they don't have to pay real money for it. In that case, real money would be exchanged, and used as real money.

This is reaching the point that the discussion serves no purpose, as it's against Wurm rules. 

This thread will now be closed, and I'd like to thank everyone weighing in with their thoughts and opinions! 

• Like 1