Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Life is Feudal

Pretty much Rolf offered us years ago when the "combat change" but has better graphics and one large server that will take hours to cross by foot. Just started playing it myself not to long ago and found it to be a good replacement for my Wurm craving, you can dig up the ground, level a mountain, or make an island which was claimed that couldn't be done on other formats by the staff here. Plus it's free on steam with no sub to unlock skill cap!

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

hmm i have this game in my library but never tried it. might give it a try. btw it says its free to play, which is why i probably have it in my library. but i see theres starter packs for money, i wonder how much pay to enjoy it is.

oh hey it's the game that got released and then got torn to shreds with a lot of really horrible monetization

iYTlKzx.png

• Like 4

can someone buy me the 140 dollar starter pack and i'll come play with you for an hour or two before uninstalling thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

can someone buy me the 140 dollar starter pack and i'll come play with you for an hour or two before uninstalling thanks

Hi I'm from the RMT police and we don't appreciate your jests sir.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

oh hey it's the game that got released and then got torn to shreds with a lot of really horrible monetization

iYTlKzx.png

lol. i watched some videos and its not the kind of play im looking for at the moment. not in a big grinding mood, im playing outlaws of the old west, project zomboid and eve, but not more than an hour a day. on the other hand it is like the op said a very similar game to wurm with differences. but it doesnt seem to be as dead as you imply. maybe not thriving but not dead either. id say about the same as wurm in population at least, being generous.

wss.png

lifmmo.png

Edited by Griffith
typo

LiF shows that modern graphics are not everything.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

LiF shows that modern graphics are not everything.

also seems to be very pvp centric which negates a whole other playerbase. not saying its bad or good, just their decision.

• Like 1

I spent a night trying out LIF.  I hated the limitations on crafting. only 400 points to spend (plus whatever bonus amount from Int attribute).  You don't have enough points to make a good weapon and good armor. I'm guessing that they fall into the camp that think that for the economy's sake that people need to specialize, so they put in arbitrary limits. F that. There shouldn't be limits on real sandbox games. 

So since I'm waiting for the Wurm Online steam server and can't get any motivation to play my freedom toons, I bought Wurm Unlimited and am having a good time on my own personal server.

• Like 3