Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Expand deed system to include more village bonuses

The obvious bonuses of having a deed are well known. I'd propose to introduce more village boons, villagers and mayors can work towards and add more overall content.

System would work as follows:

Introduce an NPC that starts near token called "Alderman" or Elder. The elder will require items for you to increase your deed bonuses, in higher incremenents.

1. Blacksmithing bonuses

Based on village size, it would require sacrificing an amount of horseshoes, hammers, materials (nails, shafts, planks) and general BS items.

The requirements would be based on tiers:

a) Tier 1, sacrifice 10 ql 30 hammers, 5 ql 30 small anvils, 100 planks, 100 nails, 100 shafts.

Reward: +10% faster blacksmithing creation timers.

b) Tier 2: Sacrifice 25 ql 50 hammers, 10 ql 50 large anvils, small anvils, planks, shafts, nails, etc.

Reward: +5% to blacksmithing skillgain.

c) Tier 3: Sacrifice x amount of items, ql 75, should be at least triple of tier 2.

Reward: +10% increase in ql when imping blacksmithing items.

d) Tier 4:  Sacrifice 100 ql 90 hammers, 100 ql 90 small anvils, 10 000 nails, 10 000 planks, 10 000 shafts, etc.

Reward: An additional +5% blacksmithing skillgain.

2. Carpentry

Same idea, with same tiers.

a) Make mallets, chairs, tables, things like that.

b) Make more stuff, but add finecarpentry as well.

c) Make even more stuff.

d) Make high difficulty high carpentry items, such as canopy beds, royal chairs, bookshelves, etc.

The goal of this expanded system is to have more bonuses to deeds so you can feel you're working  towards deed improvements, gives more satisfaction in grinding certain skills, helps newbies contribute to the village, adds bonuses in joining a deed and overall adds more content to the game.

You can apply such bonuses to many skills , including religion where you can have boosts for :

a) Increased favor gain

b) Increased channeling skillgain

c) Increased prayer skill

d) More sermons per day.

Depending on size of the deed, the numbers can be tweaked, but it would be a nice addition to the game.

• Like 2

I'd rather see deed bonuses based on things like number of (premium) villagers and the collective skill total of the village, than more things that can be bought or easily done solo.

• Like 1

That could also be included in improving bonuses. Things like "Have 10 active premium villagers". 

Not sure how you'd average skill of villagers without having some skewed data, since some skills are completely unnatractive to skill or some impossible to do, aka non-priests will have channeling at 1. Or warhammer/hammer. Praying/exorcism as well not sure how many people have those. Catapults/trebuchets/ballista/stealing = odd skills.

3 hours ago, elentari said:

Not sure how you'd average skill of villagers without having some skewed data, since some skills are completely unnatractive to skill or some impossible to do, aka non-priests will have channeling at 1. Or warhammer/hammer. Praying/exorcism as well not sure how many people have those. Catapults/trebuchets/ballista/stealing = odd skills.

Not sure what you mean? 

Skill integers could literally just be added up, and the sum used to determine a bonus. Or perhaps bonus(es) for village skill progress. It wouldn't matter if this skill or that skill is not done by someone (or anyone), as it would be a total of all skill, all progress. Priest characters might struggle to contribute much to such bonuses, but the reality is that these are usually alts, and contribute in other ways.

5 hours ago, Schiann said:

I'd rather see deed bonuses based on things like number of (premium) villagers and the collective skill total of the village, than more things that can be bought or easily done solo.

+1

This would bring people together in an attempt to create actual towns and villages rather than grinding away solo in a cave.

I like idea of new skill bonuses on dead, but i dont like its based on sacreficing.

i would like to base it on structures and furnitures inside. So we have to build a structures that will meets the special requirements.

I see it like we could build a Smithy or Library, shipyard ...

So for example if we have a structure not smaller than 9 tiles  with forge and anvil inside we have smithy lvl1 and have some bonuses for Black Smithing if we put some sword rack inside or WS realeted items inside we also will have bonus for WS.
Manny building, manny setups, and a harder items to craft, hard rare materials to obtain to get another lvl for this kind of building. Last levels must be unique so they will reqire unique items inside.

No prefabricated structures! every smithy, shipyard can look different and just have to meets the requirements to give some deed skill realated bonus.

Edited by Wiluss

I don't like a deed bonus based on village population.  Many Wurmians, such as myself, don't want 100 villagers in some ginormous deed.

• Like 1

I actually like a combination of the main methods mentioned so far with small cumulative bonuses from each type:

Sacrificing

Number of villagers

Skill of Villagers

Structures and Furnishings

Sacrificing

As far as the 'sacrificing', it could be done in such a way as to not be onerous, i.e. not just making things to give them away.  If a large emblem or crest or some such, similar to an altar in function, were crafted from appropriate blacksmith items, and give bonus to the building it's placed in, or to the area, or to the deed, that could work without the feel of creating things to sac them.

Structures and Furnishings

If a 'surveyor' could declare an area a 'smithy' or woodworking shop, etc...  based on it meeting certain requirements (large anvil, forge, smelter, etc) that could be nice...  Would hate to have it set up in such a way that single structures arranged for both woodwork and smithing would only get the bonus from one or the other.

I think there's potential here...  but it must be done in such a way as to not be 'quests' or something that just makes people build fifteen forges in an area, or makes people feel like they're missing out significantly if they aren't part of a bigger village.

+1 Potentially good idea.

JS