Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Strange lag on Desertion

From two weeks or so, I have some strange lag on Desertion.

It happens like once per 1 - 2 minutes, it last minimum 5 seconds, up to 10 seconds.

On "normal" lag, when you queue, for example, 8 actions, when lag ends you see that some of those actions already happened.

On this lag, when you queue some actions, and lag starts, 10 seconds pass for example, and when the lag ends, none of those actions are done.

It looks like whole communication with a server stops for this period of time.

Don't think it is couse of spike of players couse of bonus skillgain, it already happened like a week before that.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

So it's not just me then. I thought it was my internet crapping out but internet connection was stable at the time.

Tbh i'm getting such temporary lag spikes on Deliverance as well.

Also few time got kicked off the horse, then horse were shown like 5-10 tiles far from me, but cannot be lead or interacted. I had to go back to place where I was kicked and then could interact with horse, altough it was still shown far from me.

Or relog.

Also walking through the keep with many doors is a real pain, couse you get stuck on most doors and need to wait before the let you pass.

According to the lag graphs only Desertion has become laggy in the last 2 weeks. The other servers look fine. Serenity has some bigger spikes rarely

Which server are you on?

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

Also few time got kicked off the horse, then horse were shown like 5-10 tiles far from me, but cannot be lead or interacted. I had to go back to place where I was kicked and then could interact with horse, altough it was still shown far from me.

This happened to me as well a couple of times in the weekend. After a few seconds of being on foot, the horse, which was 15 or so tiles ahead of me, returned to my tile.  Can't really explain the lag either. I do daily internet speed tests to see if my provider is throtling anything, but it's pretty steady, averaging 50 mb/s minimu, which should make wurm playable.

Can any other Epic/Desertion players share their experiences?

21 minutes ago, elentari said:

Can any other Epic/Desertion players share their experiences?

If this is happening on Desertion then it is a server side problem for all players, you can see it in the lag graphs.

Edited by Sklo:D

25 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

If this is happening on Desertion then it is a server side problem for all players, you can see it in the lag graphs.

Yes, I'am on Desertion.

6 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Yes, I'am on Desertion.

Probably a hardware issue with the HDDs as we saw it on Inde and Celebration in the past months. The old servers are wearing off. 

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Or relog.

Had same issue on Chaos atleast few times 😕

I've been getting it on both Desertion and Elevation. Desertion is far worse though. i was getting bucked from my horse, riding into walls, gates and doors not opening etc.

Any word from the devs?

Current lag is really annoying.

its an all new feature that comes with AWS hosting

be thankful

lagging to hell on desertion, chaos and release

big lag spikes every 15 to 20 minutes for about 15-30seconds of refreshing

I've seen it as well, and it's not the normal Xanadu lag.. it's a 5-10 second delay in server response once in a while

2 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

its an all new feature that comes with AWS hosting

be thankful

None of the servers mentioned in this thread (aside from Celebration) are currently hosted on AWS.

I'm not sure about other servers but im lagging on chaos a lot lately. We had our whole group experience like a 10 sec lag yesterday, so thats not a problem on my side.

Hi, i post this in client bug section as not sure where else.

For the last 2 weeks or so wurm became irritatingly laggy. I play on Desertion server and it constantly freezes up for like 10-20 secs every 5 minutes or so. I initially thought that was my own connection but its not. More and more ppl i talk about it on the same server are complaining about exactly same issue and same lag patterns. can you please have a look at that? it just kills any joy to play when it can lag any time, sometimes even crashing...

Edited by Skatyna

Lagging for me on Desertion as well.  Just repetitive enough to be irritating, or toss me from a horse/wagon every once in a while... especially coming out of tunnels.

I understand that Desertion is no freedom, where dozen of players would report that kind of situation, wich would lead to some solution or just quick check from developer side.

We are just few humble peasant, no strength in numbers I'am afraid. Does any Lord would be so kind and look into that situation? It last over two weeks...

@Keenan?

Edited by Wilczan

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

I understand that Desertion is no freedom, where dozen of players would report that kind of situation, wich would lead to some solution or just quick check from developer side.

We are just few humble peasant, no strength in numbers I'am afraid. Does any Lord would be so kind and look into that situation? It last over two weeks...

@Keenan?

I've been aware of it for about a week. It's the same situation we had on Celebration where we suspect hardware but there's nothing definite showing up in our diagnostics (I just checked again today).

Given the current state of the Celebration AWS uplift, we're waiting on that before we can really take action with Desertion. Should our optimizations on Monday go well, Desertion will be the 2nd server for uplift due to the situation.

Update post:

• Like 2

Would be nice if it was solved. I got chased by a dragon, 20 seconds lag, then it ate my horse. That's really a silly situation to be in.