Sign in to follow this  
Johndunnf

I Killed My WU Installing Mods - Help?

Hi everyone.

I am not good doing the mod install thing. for over 2 year i have tried at various times and now i went and killed wurm :(

I tried to install a 'serverpacks' and for some reason now Wurm will not start. I obviously did something wrong and am so scared I will loose all my "Ottawajohn" character/stats account etc? on WU Calysto and other servers? Is there anyone who can help me if i share my screen with you and you can see what i did wrong? I cannot log into Wurm anymore.. it starts, the window opens.. says loading graphics/world etc.. then just freezes before showing the game and 'not responding"

I can be reached by email at johndunnf@gmail.com please if anyone can help I appreciate it.

Edited by Johndunnf

Your stats are stored server side, even in the worst case as long as you can log into your steam account and now the names you can't loose your characters.

Go to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods

There are many files which end with .properties. You now need to start to rename the end of the files from .properties to .disable, this is how you disable mods.

Disable one by one and after each time you renamed a file try to start WU, repeat renaming as long as you can't start it.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

well i can at least ease your mind a little about your characters, all that info is saved on the actual server, as long as you can remember the character names then you can log on them even if your entire computer is fried and you buy a new computer.

• Like 1

Thanks folks I am going to say I think for some reason when I installed it I noticed 'serverpak' did not seem to create a corresponding serverpak.properties file it only made a folder? I will do a live screen share if needed but for now I will paste a picture of the folder if this helps

https://imgur.com/a/jeFEvZd

38 minutes ago, Johndunnf said:

Thanks folks I am going to say I think for some reason when I installed it I noticed 'serverpak' did not seem to create a corresponding serverpak.properties file it only made a folder? I will do a live screen share if needed but for now I will paste a picture of the folder if this helps

https://imgur.com/a/jeFEvZd

The properties file is not something that is created, you need to specify that, it is usually provided in the downloads.

There are many errors in your setup for example the mods folder, toolbelt-0.1

Try to disable the SeasonConfigureMod it could be outdated

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

If I uninstall wurm unllimited and reinstall it, then log back in and use the same username, it should work (as stock wurm) since I have never had any of the mods working anyways all this time? (I also have already backed up all my screen captures so that is not a worry either.

Edited by Johndunnf

Thank you for your help.. I think since as you noticed there was a lot of attempts and fails at installing mods over the years I have decided to just rename my entire wurm folder (added RENAMED to folder name) and I simply reinstalled Wurm from steam and it worked. The most important thing for me was knowing I would not lose my account because it is server-side in WU and that helped me calm down and just go for a reinstall. So ti worked and I thank all of you for your help. Next time I want to do mod attempts I will do it live with a shared screen with someone to guide me :). Once again thanks for all of your effort I appreciate it. I was able to log back in and other than my compass and toolbelt being in different places I moved them back and all is good :)

37 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

The properties file is not something that is created, you need to specify that, it is usually provided in the downloads.

There are many errors in your setup for example the mods folder, toolbelt-0.1

Try to disable the SeasonConfigureMod it could be outdated

28 minutes ago, Johndunnf said:

Thank you for your help.. I think since as you noticed there was a lot of attempts and fails at installing mods over the years I have decided to just rename my entire wurm folder (added RENAMED to folder name) and I simply reinstalled Wurm from steam and it worked. The most important thing for me was knowing I would not lose my account because it is server-side in WU and that helped me calm down and just go for a reinstall. So ti worked and I thank all of you for your help. Next time I want to do mod attempts I will do it live with a shared screen with someone to guide me :). Once again thanks for all of your effort I appreciate it. I was able to log back in and other than my compass and toolbelt being in different places I moved them back and all is good :)

There is a tutorial:

• Like 1

nevermind

Edited by atazs

On 4/7/2020 at 6:49 AM, Sklo:D said:

This is perfectly what I needed thank you. I am a visual learner so this is greatly appreciated.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:49 AM, Sklo:D said:

There is a tutorial:

16 hours ago, Johndunnf said:

This is perfectly what I needed thank you. I am a visual learner so this is greatly appreciated.

Glad it helped.