Sign in to follow this  
bookwyrmk

No Discarding!

Or at least, have a delay on the action!

I lost several felled trees by accidentally clicking discard instead of chop, as it's right above it in the menu. The discard happened immediately, with no chance to cancel the action. Nothing else in Wurm happens immediately, to best of my knowledge, except perhaps mounting animals or conveyances. Believe me, I tried to cancel the discards, to no avail. I've been skilling WC for the last couple of days and am Highly Annoyed at the loss of potential skill gain! Highly! Annoyed! I want my trees back!

Thread moved to suggestions, as it has been confirmed it wasn't a bug.

I would not be happy with a nerfing of discard. It is extremely useful to remove batches of items at once, e.g. logs and shards, and fast getting rid of an unwanted tree.

But I agree that the closeness of chop and discard may trigger unwanted results. I know more dangerous ones of that kind, e.g. attack/disembark and similar, and would ask the devs to review the dropdown menus to eradicate unergonomic topic sequences inviting harmful misclicks.

To the user, I would recommend to create a keybind instead of using the rightclick dropdown. With F1 (console): bind CTRL+C CHOP_UP I have created such a keybind I deem utterly useful. Note that trees can be chopped up on the ground, and in a cart or wagon. It does not need to take them into inventory unless one wants to create masts etc.

+1 for any reworks that prevent a bad misclick due to the quite frequent microlag.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I would recommend to create a keybind instead of using the rightclick dropdown.

Pretty much this. Keybind it instead of having such an useful functionality removed or nerfed. You try and get a confirmation each time when cleaning up a whole forest's worth of trees.

To discard a tree, it needs to be in your inventory. You can also chop it when it is on the ground.

Just add an option in client settings to have or NOT a confirmation dialog for discarding, by default turn it ON, whoever feels like ditching the helping wheels and living on the highway of chance - can turn it off and play with no reminder that option even exists.

cheers

+1234567890

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Odynn said:

+1 for any reworks that prevent a bad misclick due to the quite frequent microlag.

Absolutely yes. So discard and chop do not belong close to one another in the dropdown menu like attack and disembark. But having to confirm every discard would be a horrible pain, and I definitely do not see the point. I am discarding hundreds of shards quite often when they are low ql and my rarity window is max already. It is sometimes necessary not to get tiles filled up.