Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

What is this?

@Angelklaine

"O k", if it wasn't several legit people and it was several specific trolls + their alts/of 'friends synchronizing it for lulz and/ doing it on purpose to troll and provoke *something*, do you think such troll behavior should have some measures taken for the people trolling others like that if with the 'snipe' mechanic if it was uncalled/justified(call it however you like)?

You start by being judgemental and assuming things, it's a bad way to handle things as a start.

I'd not raise the question and thread if I deserved the snipe, so here we are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

@Angelklaine

"O k", if it wasn't several legit people and it was several specific trolls + their alts/of 'friends synchronizing it for lulz and/ doing it on purpose to troll and provoke *something*, do you think such troll behavior should have some measures taken for the people trolling others like that if with the 'snipe' mechanic if it was uncalled/justified(call it however you like)?

You start by being judgemental and assuming things, it's a bad way to handle things as a start.

"It's not me, it's the trolls!"

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

The original intent of the /snipe was to give players a hard-to-abuse ability, to deal with chat disruptors when moderators were not available.

The requirements for achieving a /snipe are really unknown, but as per the Devs at the time they are not easy to achieve. Just because it was done, does not mean this was abuse or trolling or anything of the sort. Furthermore, I would be more curious to read the chat log first, before simply going off of someone's word that the content they were putting out was innocent ;)

Lastly, the /snipe penalties are exactly the same as a moderator mute, meaning that yes, ALL channels are blocked for communication during the hour window, to avoid any abusive PM'ing or further abuses in any other channels. The idea is the player has lost their privilege to communicate in any channels due to their behavior in chat.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Finnn said:

post chat log

• Like 1

As keenan has said, this is the first time we've seen the use of this feature, so it's a new area that has come up for review. 

As raised in here, there's plenty of potential for abuse and that's something we absolutely do not want. 

We will be removing this function simply due to the possibilities of this being misused, and continue to work with active moderation from the CM and GM team. 

• Like 3