Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

What is this?

[22:26:02] Hi! You have received a one hour automated mute because a lot of people decided to ignore you at the same time. This system is new and under development so please don't take it too seriously.

[22:26:02] We understand that it may be frustrating and the reasons may not be that you misbehaved. That this system is used or abused for various reasons is expected at this point as people figure how it works.

[22:26:02] Eventually we hope that the novelty of this system should go away and people will start ignoring only when they have good reason to. If we are wrong we will have to remove this feature.

What is this ? 
We now mute people when they talk about wogic in GL-chat?

This is not a gl-freedom mute it's a whole game - all chat/pm mute for any text input on anything.

It is not a /snipe, this is completely misleading mute message, and without any reason, this is both uncalled and not even showing the right reason for the events happening to a player.

I think this would be too easily abused to stop people speaking in certain tabs.

I don't want to see innocent people blocked from trade channel for example, so that others gain advantage.

I don't want to see PMK members blocked from talking in game chat tabs, by other PMKs working together to ignore them.

I think it should be kept specific to the channel where the ignores happened, IF it is implemented at all.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

You've found a 5 year old feature that I'm not entirely sure anyone else has ever encountered before in Wurm Online.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

I think it's a trolly move and probably violating several tos lines.. lazy to check right now.. but I'm really curious if there are any plans and measures going to be taken to slap the people who did it as start, and to get a fix for this, as it's obviously easy to abuse on a whim with alts or "alliance" group

• Like 1

/snipe ?

we used to use it all the time unless this is a different one

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

I think it's a trolly move and probably violating several tos lines.. lazy to check right now.. but I'm really curious if there are any plans and measures going to be taken to slap the people who did it as start, and to get a fix for this, as it's obviously easy to abuse on a whim with alts or "alliance" group

Like I said in my post above. It's a 5 year old feature. I'm not even sure anyone on the current dev team was aware it was in there since it was written by a former developer - 5 years ago. I had to check out of curiosity.

Whether or not it stays in will be up to @Samool

• Like 2

Obviously it's a synchronized troll move with the such intention, any plans to give people doing that a reason to not troll others with it? 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnn said:

Obviously it's a synchronized troll move with the such intention, any plans to give people doing that a reason to not troll others with it? 

Maybe you deserved it

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

Clearly you either annoyed a lot of people, or angered the wrong one whose group decided to hit you all at once XD

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

You could have a group of people 'synchronizing' from irc/alliance/local event/discord/etc.. any live communication chat to do it, there was no reason for this to happen, and it was done on purpose to provoke something.

I'm starting the question.. is such behavior of trolling and abusing mechanics for the lulz tolerated with good?

Edited by Finnn

Seems that characters being able to trigger this must be premium though, so the potential to abuse it should be minor. (If the description is correct)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Which does not mean it can not be misused and used as a troll move on a whim by groups to other paying customers?

It's new to me that snipe is a new feature.

Oh lord, whining about getting muted for an hour. Is it possible to snipe on the forums! /me heads over to the suggestions section

• Like 1

In my opinion this sort of player-driven snipe should only apply to one channel, not all channels and PMs.

For a five-year-old command, it's one I as a player was certainly aware of and knew about, but never saw justification to use.

Too easy to abuse, and not justified simply by being limited to premiums in my opinion when groups can plot to use it for unjustified reasons to grief a player.

• Like 3

If you were annoying enough to have irritated 10+ people all at once, you probably deserved it.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

If you were annoying enough to have irritated 10+ people all at once, you probably deserved it.

you have /ignore for personal opinion stuff, if somebody's being a 'thing' to deal with and no mod is there to deal with it - that is another matter; 

in this case it was troll move

nobody judges your decisions, it's a matter of a complete shutdown of any communication in  a sub model game for for a few kicks

/ignore acts like snipe.

You must have said something that was annoying allot of players in certain timespan.

Have never seen it used to troll someone, maybe some groups tried it out when it was first put ingame, but not that I know of.

For example I've ignored a few people in the past because they kept taking about political stuff in global chat, I'm not playing wurm to see what presidents do/should be doing in america, so if more people found it annoying and ignored those people, then its very possible that allot /ignored or /sniped at once. without the intend to troll.

I'm getting curious what you were talking about before you got the auto-mute, you seem to avoid that part of the conversation very well ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 3
  • Cat 1

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

rekt

time to figure out how to powergamer this

37 minutes ago, Tristanc said:

In my opinion this sort of player-driven snipe should only apply to one channel, not all channels and PMs.

For a five-year-old command, it's one I as a player was certainly aware of and knew about, but never saw justification to use.

Too easy to abuse, and not justified simply by being limited to premiums in my opinion when groups can plot to use it for unjustified reasons to grief a player.

You are assuming it was unjustified. There is no evidence of that.

Seems to me the function did precisely what it was intended to do.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

27 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

You are assuming it was unjustified. There is no evidence of that.

Seems to me the function did precisely what it was intended to do.

Agreed. I spend half my life on these forums and Finnn is the first person ever I hear complain about this. Not saying that was the case, but Finnn is a very argumentative person (which is okay! Civil discourse is good!) but its not far fetched to think that several people didnt want to read it anymore and /ignore them. That seems to me both feasible and logical.

Feature working as intended.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1