Sign in to follow this  
atazs

[Fixed] Saving images as jpg instead of png?

These massive png images are slowing my whole internet down and take forever to upload online.

Is there a way to set wurm to create images in jpg instead? 

I believe there used to be an option in the client settings, but I'm not seeing it anymore.

I took a look through my gamesettings.txt and it has the variable "screenshot_file_format=0" listed, might try looking for that and changing it as mine is set to 0 and I save as PNG.

Not sure if it's actually functional.

Edited by Chromega

8 hours ago, atazs said:

These massive png images are slowing my whole internet down and take forever to upload online.

Is there a way to set wurm to create images in jpg instead? 

I agree there is not much sense in having PNG images for wurm screenshots.

qJoKW.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chromega said:

I believe there used to be an option in the client settings, but I'm not seeing it anymore.

I took a look through my gamesettings.txt and it has the variable "screenshot_file_format=0" listed, might try looking for that and changing it as mine is set to 0 and I save as PNG.

That's weird because mine is on 1 (i haven't changed it) and i get png

Changing it around doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by atazs

10 hours ago, Chromega said:

It was 0=png and 1=jpg but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Having the option to save as png is good for when you want to do post processing in an image editor and don't want any quality loss, so I'd certainly want that option to stay, but the default should really be jpg.