Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

April Events

7 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i wonder if the lag makes sleep bonus last way longer like xanadu does :ph34r:

it makes everything last longer from skills to sb you can get double if not triple if not bigger ticks due to the lag spikes that keep happening be it triggered by you dropping a big stack of items or the server just having another hiccup the biggest multiplier to skill i have had so far was a 13 times as big as normal because of a nearly 30 second long spike we suffered earlier today it was kinda nice to see on a otherwise slow as hell skill to raise

are they going to rework coal making to tier more to your skill level?

Small suggestion for skin chest: make some items inside, like in normal chest, couse now it's totally empty, after opening the top.

For example, it it's standing on the carpet, you see this carpet inside wich looks rather bad.

eSL9mYj.png

• Like 5

I must say.. this is very surprising and nice surprise with the 30% exp gains. Power moves

Absolutely fantastic update! This chest skin is SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys tweeted the different looks, which I guess are based on the type of wood the chest is made of? 

Retro could you let us know which wood types are which in this picture so we can make the right choice for the color we want?

EUoiP4HWoAIIHGX?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

left to right 3rd in is chestnut

LTQzgRS.jpg

I've added a picture. Hope this helps.

(It is also a rare chest, so it may have a slight shine in parts)

Edited by gorgian
Added picture

far left is cedar

wish I had known this before using them all on my cedar chests

4 minutes ago, Tilda said:

far left is cedar

wish I had known this before using them all on my cedar chests

Exaaaaaaaaactly! I was already applying the skin to a cedar chest and then cancelled it, remembering to myself: "Hold yer horses Malena, didn't you see an image somewhere with all the different colors". 

yea I had only seen the two on this thread, since it said nothing about it I thought maybe random which you got or dyed, oh well, still a nice treat

IIRC we have 10 "regular" trees and 4 fruit trees (lemon, apple, orange, olive) we can make planks out of. (And I'm likely to have forgotten something) I have not played around with different wood types for a while, but if all of these have separate look, Malena's picture above does not even have all choices shown yet. I'd really appreciate someone of dev team showing/confirming us all the choices. (And yes, I'm glad I was too busy irl to use skins yet.)

What really interests me are those last two that look like burgundy red and dark green. Man those look fiiiiiine!

The chests do take dye and it will change the look of the skin (1400g of dye). Those two could be dyed. 

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 1

Far right looks oleander, I assume the red next to it is raspberry (got a raspberry boat, it looks very similar).

Edit: although, it doesn't have the greenish.. so maybe not oleander...

Spoiler

A6BmJKo.png

Oleander planks, you may ask? Chopping rift wood.

Not sure about raspberry, maybe same ^

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 2

greenish one looks like thorn, but is there a way to get thorn plank? only shafts i guess

red one looks like lingonberrywood, but same to thorn, cant get such plank

Edited by Pankivtanke

I guess for the purpose of dying, the cedar would be the best one as it has the most desaturated and light color as a "clean canvas" for the dye, right?

What about on my birchwood, large magical chest, will it look the same as a normal birchwood large chest?

On 4/1/2020 at 3:54 PM, Retrograde said:

It is applied to large chests, not magic chests. 

You can apply it to any existing chest and it will keep rarity. 

Once applied to the chest the skin token is consumed. 

Boo, that's unfortunate, as I don't use large chests anymore... Unsure why you all discriminate against magic chests, can yall at least make them look newer then 2007?

wts chest skins :(

Today i got msg so, i get 8,000 Loyalty Marks and chest skin, but when i come to buy large magical chest, noticed my old Marks value not changed, 8000 Marks not added.

For some reference I got the chests on the test server

YPUdnGB.jpg

Also dyed one blue to show the difference! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

For some reference I got the chests on the test server

Also dyed one blue to show the difference! 

Thank you very much Retro! 

7 hours ago, Malena said:

I guess for the purpose of dying, the cedar would be the best one as it has the most desaturated and light color as a "clean canvas" for the dye, right?

Wood type has no effect on dye result, dye removes the wood type shader

On 4/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Retrograde said:

From the 3rd until the 5th of April it will be a 30% bonus to both skill gain and the chance of receiving an affinity from actions for all players regardless of premium status. From the 6th until the 12th of April it will be a 10% bonus to both, so jump on and take advantage! 

Does this actually mean 30% chance on getting affinities? or 30% better chance than we have now? which is basically 0.00005% chance... 30% to that.... rip

Should of read more carefully before coming back then.