Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

April Events

Dear Wurmians,

With the world currently suffering the effects of COVID-19, we know many players have been affected by this situation, whether it is by lockdown, quarantine, essential services working or reduced hours. We understand that this period is tough for many of you and that engaging with others online is all the more critical for us. 

During this time, we wanted to introduce a few bonuses to make this trying time more enjoyable.

Chest Skin and Marks

chests.jpg

Every premium player who logs in from the 3rd of April until the 12th of April will receive 8,000 Loyalty Marks as well as an exclusive ancient large chest skin. This reward can be redeemed at any point after purchase of premium until the 12th of April.

Bonus Skillgain

skillgain.png

Starting on the 3rd of April we'll be introducing our first skill gain and affinity chance bonus! From the 3rd until the 5th of April it will be a 30% bonus to both skill gain and the chance of receiving an affinity from actions for all players regardless of premium status. From the 6th until the 12th of April it will be a 10% bonus to both, so jump on and take advantage! 

We also have several projects in the works:

• A new user interface with improved functionality
  • Volumetric lighting effects
  • More journal tiers
  • Reworks of several systems 
  • Moving our servers to improved hosting
  • Launch of Wurm Online on Steam

Please make sure you stay safe during these times, observe health and safety warnings and look after loved ones. We will be here continuing to work on making Wurm the best it can be. 

Regards,

The Wurm Online team.

• Like 25
  • Cat 5

we gotta be prem already for the loyalty marks or repremming in that time count?

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

we gotta be prem already for the loyalty marks or repremming in that time count?

repremming counts, I included that bit here: This reward can be redeemed at any point after purchase of premium until the 12th of April.

Pirate Hats? 🤔😝hehe, but i do love love LOVE! that chest skin would be cool to have it auto rare upon application.  could it be applied to magical chests? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

8,000 Loyalty Marks

i cant wait for my sleep powders

• Like 1

I dont get it, i have premium for next 6 months, to get those extra marks i should buy more premium time?

4 minutes ago, valodis said:

I dont get it, i have premium for next 6 months, to get those extra marks i should buy more premium time?

It says you just have to log in at least once somewhere from 3 to 12 april. Note that it's not 3 april yet, you won't get them today.

• Like 2

I really hope this isn't an April Fool's Prank, Retro! Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

an exclusive ancient large chest skin

Wow, that looks awesome!! Thanks!! :wub:

• Like 1

Can you re-post on april 2nd if this is real and not something to get our hopes up about during this pandemic!

• Like 4

if the goal is to keep us busy during the covid pandemy and maybe attract back some old players, might i suggest a few free premium day coupon like you did in the past? (as well as a mailing list to all the tied email tied to wurm accounts).

• Like 3

Wow. I LOVE that chest skin. Do we get a choice between brown and black? or do we get both?

• Like 1

Maybe its time to grind more platesmithing now

Wow, these chests are beautiful! I'm really loving the skins recently ❤️ you guys are rockin' it with the amazing skills list rename and hilarious microwave surprise, and to give extra marks, skill gain, AND affinity chances? I feel like people are going to have a great time getting their grinds bumped a little :) And hopefully lots of people get a wonderful permaffinity surprise ^ ,^

• Like 1

Finally with that 30% bonus mclovin will rise to be king again

• Like 2

Can you make my usually shitty RNG better during this time?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Subie said:

Can you make my usually shitty RNG better during this time?

roll a luk check

I also really hope it's not a joke because if it is good joke but it looks to good to be real loll IF it's real that's great :) I hope every Wurmian (staff and players) are remaining safe and let's hope life will return back to normal sooner than later!!!

I don't really care if its a joke but if its not,I hope it is a one time event or at least one time a year thing.

I like the idea about these skill events. As a recent returning player it helps me a lot. 

Will the chest skin apply to rare chests and not screw them up ?

And nice job on them .....

I really hope it isn't an April Fool's joke, considering you started your sentence with "With the world currently suffering the effects of COVID-19..." . If it is, then poor taste compared to other April Fools jokes.

If it isn't, the kudos on you guys for a good addition.

• Like 4

Can it be applied to LMCs?  Do you get to choose any existing chests(s) you own to apply it to, or is it applied during crafting?  Unlimited use after you own it?  I really have no idea how the skins work (obviously).  They look really darn cool.