Trader relocation project problems?

Spoiler

• Ancient
  •  
  • Enki
  • Head Game Master
  • team_WurmTag-HGM.png
  • 15572 posts

With the upcoming changes to traders and deed upkeep, we are going to be offering everyone with old traders a chance to move them.

This is a simple one time process from now until April 1st.

If you own a deed and have a trader that you would like relocated to a different location on your deed, or you have a trader currently sitting on a satellite deed that you would like moved to your main deed, please put in a support ticket requesting the move once you have the location ready.

The only conditions are that you are the mayor of the deed since before January 25th and the trader is on deed.

This is a one time move for each person for one trader to be relocated to their main deed if desired.

We cannot move traders across servers, so this is per server in case you have a main deed on more than one server.

It may take us a bit of time to get to each request, but do not worry, as long as we receive the requests before April 1st of this year we will get to you.

Thank you,

Wurm Online Team

Guys, maybe I misunderstood this really friendly offer to relocate traders.

I was thinking it meant the avatar need to be mayor of the current trader deed, not the new deed where we wanted to relocate it to.

I wanted to move traders to a friend's deed to then disband my trader deed and move to him.

Which seems not possible for 2 reasons (which I was informed about after submitting the tickets):

1. I would need to be mayor of the NEW deed since before January 25th as well.

2. Only one trader per person will be moved. (real person, not character)

Which I guess basically prevents most of the movements anyways under those conditions.

Did anyone even be able to relocate a trader so far? Just curious.

Maybe I am the only unlucky one, or maybe this was not quite thought through with the movement offers, or not clearly enough explained.

Or just meant to be so to reduce trader amounts.

Under the new conditions I probably just disband the trader deeds.

Would have been really nice to take them with me to the new place, as a gift to my years long friend.

At least one of them, if only 1 real person can move 1 trader.

Edited by Smilingcat

9 minutes ago, Smilingcat said:

Or just meant to be so to reduce trader amounts.

Under the new conditions I probably just disband the trader deeds.

more or less that, it's making some of us loose large amounts of money.

Edited by Odynn

The rules are clear and have been stated here:

On 3/31/2020 at 2:31 PM, Yaga said:

The rules are clear and have been stated here:

I understand her point though. The rules are not clear. It says you must be the mayor of the deed and that the trader must be on the deed. It also gives an example of a main deed and a satellite deed. It, however, says nothing about you having to be the mayor of both deeds.

Some people share deeds with their friends and some have even bought a trader with its costs split between two or more players. Naturally when they disband one deed to consolidate both into the same deed, you will encounter this problem.

Being the mayor of both deeds is absurd as the game mechanics prevent this. You cannot have multiple deeds with the same mayor, so even considering that as a requirement would invalidate any single request to move a trader between deeds.

While I understand the reasoning behind the rule, and if we apply common sense we could potentially understand the reasoning why this is done, the rules are far from clear. Enki's post was confusing and did not properly address the process. Case in point this post. The fact that staff has decided to err in the company's favor makes it worse. 

Instructions unclear. Insert #### in electric outlet.

Edited by Angelklaine