Sign in to follow this  
Beastwolf

Make ACTUAL CHARACTER NAMES a different color from titles etc. (Example of eye squinter)

+1 to idea

-1 to had to see beastwolf

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Or just check the checkbox to hide other people's titles in manage profile?

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

36 minutes ago, user said:

+1 to idea

-1 to had to see beastwolf

he is a very ugly toon now wurm.20200322.0012_2.png

17 hours ago, CreZ said:

Or just check the checkbox to hide other people's titles in manage profile?

its not that i dont want to see other titles, but sometimes i want to specifically see their name and not check a box everytime i feel like reading titles or names (also things like champion of vynora etc you cant hide so still have to see a long name if you truly hated it)

Edited by Beastwolf

3 hours ago, Beastwolf said:

its not that i dont want to see other titles, but sometimes i want to specifically see their name and not check a box everytime i feel like reading titles or names (also things like champion of vynora etc you cant hide so still have to see a long name if you truly hated it)

I guess thats fair.

I'm just not sure having garish rainbow colors all over the hovers is a good plan either. Once this happened how long before someone is asking for traited animals' text to be color coded, or rarity, age, condition, village role, etc. It would be a veritable pandora's box of carebear countdown clutter.

As with most things it would be nice if it had an option to disable it (although it would be nice if options to disable things like animations continued to do something too so I guess choice is out in the 2020's anyway).

• Cat 1

What about a delay on the additional info.

Hover over:-  the character name displays instantly.

Maintain the hover for say 2 seconds (for example): -  the titles and honours.

The result from the op would be "Beastwolf" for two seconds and then the rest as displayed.

Or maybe on hover, display the name and titles, and then on maintained hover display the honors.

The result would "Arch Mage Beastwolf the Mental"

Or or, have a nickname.  The character's nickname would by default be the basic character name, but would be changeable.  The nickname would be the basic display and the full name as per the op would be on held hover.  This would also facilitate a level of name changes that people could be fine with, their nickname is the display name on hover, but everything else uses the actual character name.  For example a character named Geoff might have the nickname "Shorty", "Geoff" is what displays in chats etc and there is no getting away from that, but face to face you would see when you hover "Shorty" and then "Geoff".  Or not.  

• Like 2

Delayed titles sounds like a good idea actually.