Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2020 (Friend-A-Long)

The final horse race, some 3/4 of the course in. Elregis won (the guy with red bag). The noob with blue helmet (Kingsponge) missed last turn and finished last :)

Was fun and very even race.

IKQ58Nc.jpg

Kudos to Virusmd for organizing all this.

Edited by Bucew
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Bucew said:

The final horse race, some 3/4 of the course in. Elregis won (the guy with red bag). The noob with blue helmet (Kingsponge) missed last turn and finished last :)

Was fun and very even race.

IKQ58Nc.jpg

Kudos to Virusmd for organizing all this.

I got distracted by a tree! It's not my fault! I call a rerace! 🤣

• Like 2

wurm.20200723.0249.jpg

thats not a new monster, it's almostsolitude and lunea holding a dual wield shark fight

• Like 3

On 7/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, VirusMD said:

Let it rest, some people don't learn without being the lesson. If that's who i think it is.

I imped my own mixer for 12 hours and an alt layout toon started imping said mixer within 15 minutes of the discussion, I don't know what gives!

my best tick: [11:30:10] friends increased by 100 to 100

also the best prize i got is a bigger friendlist

and i started a book i hope to continue next impalong

unknown.png

here is the book now

unknown.png

Edited by Elregis
  • Like 6

On 7/22/2020 at 1:32 PM, Cipacadrinho said:

In loving memory of Mobfood's rare pendulum:

pendushat.png

Shatterpaku! :P

But in all seriousness, i really appreciate all the effort by the impers and enchanters.

here are some examples of the outstanding works by the impers/enchanters:

1) [18:20:01] A wide metal blade on a shaft, useful in construction and searching through dirt and rocks for useful items. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. You need to temper the trowel by dipping it in water while it's hot. [18:20:01] Blessings of the Dark has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained and speed with it when used. [106]  --> Rare trowel casted by none other than Cipaku himself. Dude was casting triple digit enchs left and right the whole night! :) 

2) [18:27:11] These are said to bring luck! Apart from improving horse speed and safety, of course. You need to polish the horse shoe with a pelt. [18:27:11] Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [107]  --> Iron horseshoes with godly WoA. Unsure casted by whom, couldn't find the mysterious caster, but thanks regardless!

3) [18:28:10] A round shield made from a hammered metal sheet. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump.  --> Metal shield turned rare by Lagston, within the first few hours after i arrived to the impalong on day 1 :) 

Not forgetting everyone else who helped to imp/ench, and the organizers/helpers!

My first time coming to an impalong but definitely wont be my last. Get new tools, skilled some skill, made new friends, It was fun! looking forward to the next Impalong  XD 

Edit: And how can i  forget the spinning wheel cast by champagnedragon:  [10:47:57] Wind of Ages has been cast on it, so it will be quicker to use. [105]

Im sure i missed out more ppl, but im sure your get my point: Ppl are awesome XD

Edited by MobFood
More mentions
  • Like 2

Sadly had to miss the last hours since it was way past my bedtime, but thank you to all who came along, all who helped, and of course Virus for another awesome impalong! It was a bit more challenging at times this year, with the reschedule due to steam launch, and several restarts and server downtime, and a dragon egg that didn't want to hatch at first, but in the end it went very very well anyway despite these hiccups. Right before I went to bed there was a funny incident when someone 'fell into' my room at the inn apparently, and Virus had to rescue them since they were locked in! Sadly he also removed my chocolate milk cow that I had kept in the room for 3 days to take home with me lol, thinking it wasn't meant to be there! Oh well, maybe another year for the chocolate milk :)

Take care all and see you again next year for our 4th year Pristine Friend a Long!

Edit, logged in and had a look around, my cow is found! She was over in the field where my horse was parked off deed, so maybe some kind soul put her over there (or she wandered lol). Happy Endings!

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Thank you for organizing this great event - I'm sad I could only spend a very little time over there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tilda said:

Sadly had to miss the last hours since it was way past my bedtime, but thank you to all who came along, all who helped, and of course Virus for another awesome impalong! It was a bit more challenging at times this year, with the reschedule due to steam launch, and several restarts and server downtime, and a dragon egg that didn't want to hatch at first, but in the end it went very very well anyway despite these hiccups. Right before I went to bed there was a funny incident when someone 'fell into' my room at the inn apparently, and Virus had to rescue them since they were locked in! Sadly he also removed my chocolate milk cow that I had kept in the room for 3 days to take home with me lol, thinking it wasn't meant to be there! Oh well, maybe another year for the chocolate milk :)

Take care all and see you again next year for our 4th year Pristine Friend a Long!

Edit, logged in and had a look around, my cow is found! She was over in the field where my horse was parked off deed, so maybe some kind soul put her over there (or she wandered lol). Happy Endings!

that was me lol tried to jump from the inn roof to the bridge that connects to the main building and apeared there!

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Had a great time, loved the last evenings Story Telling a top the Inn, Though VirusMD may wonder who drank all the beer, haha. Wurmians can drink, dang. Epic. Was there going to be a posting of the Grand Prize winners so we can oohh and aaahhhh their shiny prizes when we see them around the Islands? See you next year God Willing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Johnston3 said:

I imped my own mixer for 12 hours and an alt layout toon started imping said mixer within 15 minutes of the discussion, I don't know what gives!

Well if you really want to make this a public thing fine with me. Ill point out the obvious since you cant seem to read or understand the basic concepts of an event like this.

1. "I imped my own mixer for 12 hours" I guess you dont understand what a community event is...

2. Be polite and be respectful! - This means do not harrass other players because they were simple trying to help improve items located in a public forge. And DO NOT Harass new players over there lack of skill. Even after you asked him to stop and he imediatly agree you still continue to betate him regarding his lack of skill!

3. Don't forget to put your characters NAME ON ALL YOUR ITEMS!  - Many items that were unlabeled and suspected of being made with higher q event materials were removed from the forges.

4. Do NOT abuse people's generosity! Don't bring 10 or even 5 of the same item for imping/casting.  - Many duplicate items.

5. You harassed multiple admins over a couple of days demanding special treatment and early release of higher q materials for you.

6. Even when confronted multiple times about your attitude you were not serious in your reception all the way up to the point i told you to leave.

Do i need to post screenshots of convo's now to or are we done?

These are the obviously reasons you were asked to leave if you cant be bothered to take the time to read and follow the rules and treat others with the respect they deserve then you can quite simply ###### off.

Edited by VirusMD

On a more positive note, the event went pretty dang well, a few snags with broken permissions on wagons for the event but hopefully this bug will get resolved by the devs in time for next years event. Another slight hangup on the inital hatching of the dragon egg, I had precisely .01 damage to little on it..... Go figures #wogic. Othen then that im quite happy with how things went. Even with the schedule change due to steam we had a very good turnout, with local counts over 100 at some points. It would seem that the "thinning of the herd" with the gods made a big difference in the level of casters this year, there were WAY less shatters, and a ton of super powerful over 100 casts, I felt like i was seeing them in local every 20 minutes or so! Side bonus of this was that alot less favor was used this year for a comperable amount of casts. Wish i had know how awesome the priests would have been ahead of time, i wouldent have had to speed grow and chop another 200k veggies after the nerf!

Based on my screen caps and OCR scans id say we did about 2600 imps in the first 4 days, and nearly 4000 casts on log. All in all id say we had a slightly better turnout then last year!

Some crazy fun was had, we gave away a ton of stuff including another custom made to order 90q Drake Suit with damage runes. Won this year by Jibboo (Quelon).

https://prnt.sc/tmxby7

https://prnt.sc/tmxbvi

All the events and games went pretty well, we had alot of fun with the races, musical chairs, the new arena battles, the wild drake kill, then the dragon kill! Wurmian Lawn Darts was a huge success again this year. I never would have thought people would enjoy endangering there own lives so much lol!

Wall of "fallen" heroes: https://prnt.sc/tm7wjt

Got some great screenshots from the GM's too overlooking the deed!

https://prnt.sc/tjqt9m

https://prnt.sc/tjra02

https://prnt.sc/tjrini

We already have some additions and changes in mind for next year, i missed a few spell placements, some modifications to the inn and the way rooms are assigned. A new building to display all the prizes and donations for the event while its going on. Some minor tweaks to the Arena to help reduce the lag maybe with tons of corpses laying around. Few other little things. If you have a thought/idea/suggestion regarding the event please feel free to post it or PM me.

Also thank you to the various streamers that showed up to showcase the Event, I think pretty much every major wurm streamer stopped by to take a peak at things. Particular thanks to Sirene for improvising streaming sessions to capture the failed then successful dragon hatching :)

Ill follow up some more later with more screenshots etc, but for now my brain needs some time to congeal back into a solid form. I think its still leaking from my ears due to some mobs....

If you were here and have a story or want to show off your prizes or just give some feedback please feel free its welcome!

Edited by VirusMD
  • Like 6

It was great fun and I want to thank you all for hosting so fabulously.  We had to leave on Tuesday night and I left my silver staff there for imping to 90 if possible and also appear to have left my scythe there, either in the WS forge or in the BOTD bin.  Could you please mail them to me?  Thank you! 

Oh it was a beautiful impalong - lovely people and incredible deed! Not to mention how fabulous the games /events were - complete with charming hosts and staff (including myself?)

Enjoy some pictures and commentary below - in case you missed it . . or even if you were there and want to relive memories :) 

QgjWGG7.png

0ruWONI.png

Devoted priests, ever muttering sermons or begging for more favor:

grFYpyQ.png

The massive Arena and the scene of so much bloodshed and death (aka impalong success)

hgXrLTu.png

wzcUdST.png

and just when you thought it was peaceful and pretty - ENKI would show up looking like the Grim Reaper:

Z2pl3VK.png

the Madness. . .

RC27xQu.png

But afterwards .. . you could escape with your pals and enjoy some more views and SO. MUCH. ALCOHOL on the roof of the inn :)

MUpTLzm.png

ihDVQtf.png

cozy chats

oMdcK5t.png

And if you got tired of that . . . you could take part in our crazy games! Rare prizes galore for the winners!

Wurm Darts for instance . ... where suicidal lunatics throw themselves off to see if they will die. . . .

who will brave THE TOWER ? Virusmd picks his victims

Uaw2WG7.png

Okay im dizzy just looking up

uMvsgWf.png

And sometimes they fell right side up in Hero's pose

iInc1ia.png

And sometimes ... upside down and flailing

PZYjF9k.png

and SOMETIMES even slid. .. ..

bMozuOx.png

BUT i assure you. .. they ALL went SMACK at the bottom!

AND oh we can't forget what makes the annual Friend-A-Long truly unique ,. . .the Fish-SLapping duels!!!

We usually start out tame. ..

tvn5S6U.png

and then the fish gradually get Bigger . .

gX5oarW.png

and BIGGER . ..

C7RxnNq.png

UnuDSu5.png

and More Ferocious and Ridiculous. ..

DVolXnU.png

Until everyone is completely drunk and we descend into Utter Madness like this

HPzkT9z.png

It really was a blast  and we hope you join us again next year ❤️

SVn0vPm.png

• Like 5

I didn't get to spend nearly enough time at the Friendalong, but it was great fun! I died twice and got to hit someone with a shark. Thank you Virus and Wurm lords!

• Like 2

I had a great time out there in Pristine!

I won a fully decked out archeology Knarr, a massive leap in my waterbound storage, and a whole bunch of equipment loaded up and upgraded.

I also managed to make a Rare Silver short sword during using the silver that Fighter managed to mine, and a set of silver Chain armor as well.

After gettting all of it improved into the 70's, and fully enchanted, I got a bit overzealous and ripped through many a monster while with it...

I also managed to get the coveted Golden Eye off the god's visitations, I think I will keep it on me...

I didn't get any titles while I was there, while but I got my Fighting boosted by over a dozen levels from the hunting, and I got my Carpenter title within the hour after I arrived back home!

I have dubbed the sword "Friendship's Might", as a reminder of the hectic fun I had in my first Impalong, Thank you again for organizing all of this, and hope to see you next year!

• Like 6