Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

Crafting QL gains

Recommended Posts

Hi. Im actually a bit raging with the crafting i experienced today, but since i cooled down i will try to suggest few things.

 

To start off, some info - my blacksmith skill is 94, smithing tools 90+ql, repairing skill - 80.

 

So. I get you fixed the old ongoing 2s repair bug that gives no damage. Great. However, the result now is as follows:

 

Be4 the repair patch i was able to improve steel mine doors to about 95ql with a lot of work considering my skill and tools. It happened so i came in need for another mine door. After hours and hours and hours of crafting that door today i cant even push it to 90QL. Reason is simple.. every improve action above 89QL gives around 0.01-0.02 Ql improvement. However as i bet everyone knows, improving stuff around 90ql usually results in a lot more action failures rather then successes. Action failures gives 0.01 to 0.05 damage on the door. Now repairing that damage after the patch the item looses QL, so it looses about 0.01-0.05 QL per repair action. As said above, there are a lot more action failures that successes resulting in the item loosing more QL then gaining while improving. This results in the door loosing QL to below 89, then the successful improve action slightly gives more gain, so the item turns over 89QL rinse repeat. dead circle. 

 

So the suggestion is to buff the gains upon successful improve action, or to reduce the loss. this truly needs  balancing as it is broken the way it is atm. Another thing worth to mention is that previously crafting the 95QL door i did not use any runes on the door, this time i even tried "A brass rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will increase quality at a faster rate when being improved (10%)" with no effect to get the door to even 90QL. 

 

P.S. Did i mention i wasted over 300kg of pure 95QL steel on that door to not even push it to 90? Feels broken right?

 

P.P.S. No, my blacksmith skill is not too low. 94 skill should result at least 94 QL item, simple as that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems more tricky repairing now with some items like mine doors, chain jackets and stuff like that. Have you tried copper vynora rune? Feels to me it working way better for imping stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What about tools you're using?

 

I think that you have low tier tools, skill is kinda low  ( i starter to imp to 90ql more easily after reaching 95 ( that's leatherwork ))

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aren't you supposed to place the steel mine door on an entrance then imp it up to get it to 9900 strength or whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

Hi. Im actually a bit raging with the crafting i experienced today, but since i cooled down i will try to suggest few things.

 

To start off, some info - my blacksmith skill is 94, smithing tools 90+ql, repairing skill - 80.

 

So. I get you fixed the old ongoing 2s repair bug that gives no damage. Great. However, the result now is as follows:

 

Be4 the repair patch i was able to improve steel mine doors to about 95ql with a lot of work considering my skill and tools. It happened so i came in need for another mine door. After hours and hours and hours of crafting that door today i cant even push it to 90QL. Reason is simple.. every improve action above 89QL gives around 0.01-0.02 Ql improvement. However as i bet everyone knows, improving stuff around 90ql usually results in a lot more action failures rather then successes. Action failures gives 0.01 to 0.05 damage on the door. Now repairing that damage after the patch the item looses QL, so it looses about 0.01-0.05 QL per repair action. As said above, there are a lot more action failures that successes resulting in the item loosing more QL then gaining while improving. This results in the door loosing QL to below 89, then the successful improve action slightly gives more gain, so the item turns over 89QL rinse repeat. dead circle. 

 

So the suggestion is to buff the gains upon successful improve action, or to reduce the loss. this truly needs  balancing as it is broken the way it is atm. Another thing worth to mention is that previously crafting the 95QL door i did not use any runes on the door, this time i even tried "A brass rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will increase quality at a faster rate when being improved (10%)" with no effect to get the door to even 90QL. 

 

P.S. Did i mention i wasted over 300kg of pure 95QL steel on that door to not even push it to 90? Feels broken right?

 

P.P.S. No, my blacksmith skill is not too low. 94 skill should result at least 94 QL item, simple as that.

 

 

 

Yes, your blacksmithing skill is too low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let me start with 'YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG'

explanation.. steel unless you have abundance of high ql.. it's not wise to improve past your skill. you're doing smaller imps than what you could with higher skills and higher ql tools.

 

Pro tip.. get that 99blacksmithing first.. before improving steel items to 95, further more.. heavy weight consuming type like doors(I get that you can use small bits like improving several armors/etc.. and using the last 0.01 or bit more to improve the door.. but... that's about it.. with the optimization.. and your imps with low skill and low ql tools aren't going to scale well.. rest is left to rng)

 

also yea I see another good opinion here:

15 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Yes, your blacksmithing skill is too low.

We're not joking/trolling etc.. it's how the game is.. if you push over your skill.. you do terrible job.. it's why people grind to 90-99 and improve to a bit less, it takes less time and your oveall time is better spent that way(considering that... you've 'wasted' a lot to get high skill in the first place, it pays off later)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canis said:

Seems more tricky repairing now with some items like mine doors, chain jackets and stuff like that. Have you tried copper vynora rune? Feels to me it working way better for imping stuff

if that's 10% improvement ql higher or w/e it was.. yea that should help but it's 1/10th.. and as magranon follower you'll double that with any smithing skill.. if rune+deity for 20% ql imp boost works for you.. good, else just generally having 90-99ql tools and same skill is generally going to work better as long you've below 100 skill to make use of the gains as vynora follower for example, skill/ql/imbue can help bump ql higher and faster with ease.(gawd damm it steam nubs go away don't steal WO secrets..; it's a gud tip.. had to 'try' push away the ste'm nabz ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

if that's 10% improvement ql higher or w/e it was.. yea that should help but it's 1/10th.. and as magranon follower you'll double that with any smithing skill.. if rune+deity for 20% ql imp boost works for you.. good, else just generally having 90-99ql tools and same skill is generally going to work better as long you've below 100 skill to make use of the gains as vynora follower for example, skill/ql/imbue can help bump ql higher and faster with ease.(gawd damm it steam nubs go away don't steal WO secrets..; it's a gud tip.. had to 'try' push away the ste'm nabz ;))

Well, you don't get any ql imp bonus if you fail to imp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

What about tools you're using?

 

6 hours ago, Skatyna said:

 

To start off, some info - my blacksmith skill is 94, smithing tools 90+ql, repairing skill - 80.

 

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

let me start with 'YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG'

explanation.. steel unless you have abundance of high ql.. it's not wise to improve past your skill

 

as i said, my skill is 94, could not imp it to 90QL. that is not passed my skill. 

 

i tried imping my supreme pickaxe too that happens to be steel too and i always imped it up to 95+ql. guess what - at the start it was down to 94ql and withing minutes i only lost 0.7ql improving it leaving it at 93.3ql and i stopped. This xxx is really xxx up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you imping on elevation? last time i was there it felt like my non-combat skills were curved down hard when it should only curve combat skills, i wouldn't be suprised if its happening here too and it's messing with imping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this