Sign in to follow this  
zeafaw

Abravion [2x/4x] Rough survival Modded

VZ53fc7.png

Abravion [2x/4x] Rough survival Modded

Abravion is realeasing on saturday 28th of march at 12pm CET --- WE ARE NOW LIVE !

Abravion Website

• 2x skill 4x timer
  • 4096x4096 map made by CountZero
  • Dig to ground(and to cart)
  • Hold a little extra weight
  • Faster mounts and carts/wagons
  • Max faith is set to 200
  • Max enchant cast is set to 200, but hard to get
  • All gods available
  • Skills start at 1, characteristics start at 19.5
  • 50 000 creatures, 50% aggressive
  • CR modifier set to 1
  • Deeds cost silver and upkeep is enabled
  • Limited starter equipment
  • Farming growth tick every 2 hours
  • Slightly faster swingtimers
  • Dual wielding is now a viable option
  • deeding is cheeper
Edited by zeafaw
  • Like 1

A couple questions :)

Bounty mod? Hoping so with deed cost and upkeep

You don't list the survival mod, but I assume its active given your title. You have that set to high difficulties with all options active?

Are you considering other mods, or is this a complete list?

Edit: Yes bounty mod is on. Also discovered you get karma/coin to burn corpses :)

Kaelynn

Edited by Kamiraa

I am not sure that it is using the semiofficial "survival mod," I can't find any sign you need to boil water or watch season temperatures, and the /mytemp command did nothing. I  think it is billed as a "rough survival" because you do not start with many things we get accustomed to on other servers. No compass, no backpack, no rope, no bowl, no leather armor, and only a few  very basic starter tools -- carving knife, 10Q short sword instead of 50Q longsword, pickaxe, shovel, hatchet. All capped at 10Q. Body stats start at 19.5 so no immediately riding horses, driving carts, or loading crates. So you walk everywhere at first, although walking is a little faster here.

Fighting without starter armor and just a chipped short sword, plus needing to make a lot of items we have grown accustomed to (no compass! no armor!! no rope!!!) makes it challenging but i think in a rather good way.  I nearly died trying to separate a wildcat and a rat from their pelts.  Coin droppage off mobs  is not high but it is still roughly double that on Valoria, for low level mobs at least. Notes say deeds are cheaper but I am told, not by much. Still, seems like a little easier to save for a deed at least.  There are peaceful green wyverns, but not a lot of the other ultra custom challenging mobs.   Valoria had less lag for me, though Abravion's was not horrible.  But ... it was there now and then. I was told the servers are in Sweden which could cause an issue fior those with internet issues anyway, due to recent developments causing clogged networks in areas.

Everyone's choices on the "right server" are different, but so far this one is ticking a lot of good checkboxes for me.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

there is no "survival" mod its just tweaked harder ( 1 combat rating instead of 3 as of 99% of the other servers use as default) and limited starter kit to force you to go threw a progression stage befor you are able to do certian things

Edited by zeafaw

Just a heads-up, been playing since last week here and I like the mix a lot!

The starting equipment means it's not your standard first wurm hours to get set up, you have to think and prioritize.You're not given gear that will be better than what you can craft for many hours into the game at all - I love that! In my opinion the somewhat tougher start is offset by the easy and open landscape (gentle hills instead of mountains and lots of plains as opposed to forests everywhere). Normally I love struggling with slopes and terrain a lot, here I enjoy the beautiful map and coastline more than the challenge. Also the skill and action modifiers mean that you can quickly get started on anything you put your mind to.

So all in all I don't think it's a very rough server to play on at all, just a very interesting challenge and progression on a laid-back and very open landscape. I hope more players find their way here!

• Like 1