Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Lag and Disconects?

Having Sever lag, 5-30 seconds to examine the ground. All other websites load and function properly except Wurm Online. Sometimes the game just stops working altogether. Anyone else having these problems? It is not my computer or internet connection, wife is having same issues.

Playing for like a hour now and having the same problem. Was just fine earlier today. I am on Deli

lets share details:

Your country:

Your server:

When you have the issues:

What you've observed to happen so far:

If you can not see recent thread in town-hall or your server's section on forum for lag/dc/connection issues.. there's GOOD chance, it's something unique just for you.

(if you can bother, try using vpn for 5-30-60min if there it's playable.. could be WW routing issue, if that solves your problem.. you have temporary solution) cause could be anything.. with covid and many people at home.. internet is quite shaky at some places.. too many users online atm.

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

lets share details:

Your country:

Your server:

When you have the issues:

What you've observed to happen so far:

If you can not see recent thread in town-hall or your server's section on forum for lag/dc/connection issues.. there's GOOD chance, it's something unique just for you.

(if you can bother, try using vpn for 5-30-60min if there it's playable.. could be WW routing issue, if that solves your problem.. you have temporary solution) cause could be anything.. with covid and many people at home.. internet is quite shaky at some places.. too many users online atm.

Well, can be server related problem that just started to happening after update, which is more likely then anything else you mentioned, especially if there's zero issues with any single thing there on the internet. Before i start overthink i would give it a day or two and see how it go

U.S.A East Coast

Deli

All the time after the last patch.

Constant refreshing lag , making the game unplayable.

We are not having any issues playing other games .

• Like 1

We logged off last night because literally couldnt do anything. I logged on this am like an hour before update and lag was pretty much gone. After update I now have a refreshing lag again of around 2-3 seconds.

• Like 1

East coast US, on Verizon FIOS, having a very unstable connection for the past day or so.

As far as I can tell, I've narrowed down the problem - at least in my case - to what appears to be Verizon-owned infrastructure within the US.

If other people having issues feel comfortable sharing their general region and ISP here, or in a forum PM, please feel free to do so.

• Like 2

As Ostentatio said - we haven't seen the problem to be on our side, it's a general routing issue with a node in the US. If you have a way to use one, a VPN might help, otherwise it should pass in time.

• Like 1

i have for 2 days been having drops or falling off wagon or horse after 20 tiles of movement  and have been consistant 35 second lag on any action  and up to 5 minutes  if i have just moved a single tile.  this all since the update.  i live on east coast usa

i do use verizon

Edited by quasiwud

Verizon Fios here as well and Yes the lag is unplayable.

Your country: Mexico

Your server: Exodus and Xanadu at the same time

When you have the issues: Now since yesterday ... 2 days of damn lag

What you've observed to happen so far: I'm playing 2 alts at the same time and some alts just unlog with no reason (server conection tell the message) when the other stay online; mortal lag (instead of 6 actions it only gives me 5); unloading is a pain, it could take like 10 seconds to just open a menu ... this is hell

East Coast US, NOT verizon, no noticeable lag. Independence.

• Like 1

If somebody knows some vpn that works ~well and isn't preloaded with "junk"ware... could be good idea to share link/s.

(I haven't had to use one in years so... rather than picking random from google, leaving that to whoever have tried and have idea if what they're using is 'safe' to share with others)

For what it's worth, my connection (Verizon FiOS, in New England) is much better today, and I still believe it was their infrastructure causing the issue.

The Verizon node my traffic was going through had around 110ms ping time and severe packet loss when I tried to ping it, for the past few days. This led to ping times of over 200ms to the Wurm servers (again, with severe packet loss). It was inconsistent, but often not playable.

Today, my ping time to that Verizon node is more like 15-20ms, with no packets being dropped at all so far, and about 105ms ping time to the Wurm servers, which is more what I'm used to, and my connection seems very stable.