Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/MAR/20

PatchNotes.png
  • Change: A disband settlement confirmation window has been added to prevent unintended disbands
  • Change: Monthly Marks skins will now change on the 10th of each month
  • Change: Large planters can now be destroyed
  • Change: Mission changes regarding Valrei mission items and region indicators as listed below:
  • Valrei item sacrifice missions will now spawn items on the ground as before, in addition to being found through digging and investigating
  • Valrei item sacrifice missions will now only accept the items spawned for that specific mission; sacrificing the item will always credit the mission that created it, and will never credit others
  • Valrei mission items spawned prior to the follower bonus update will still work for any mission
    • Please be aware that this is not related to the name of the item, for future missions even if they require an item of the same name it will NOT work
    • Digging or investigating for Valrei mission items will now check for an item for each valid mission independently, so if there are multiple Valrei item sacrifice missions active, players will have a greater chance of finding them
    • Mission region indicators such as “center-west” have been replaced with approximate locations on the in-game map, for example “within about 5 map squares of 17 D”. Precision scales with server size, so larger servers are split up into more regions than smaller servers. Servers without an in-game map will continue to use the old system
  • Bugfix: Mission item changes, fixes and removals as listed below:
    • Removed pearl necklaces from create item missions
    • Corrected flints and steel to read steel and flints for missions
  • Bugfix: Removed reference to using a writ to destroy a finalized building plan
    • Instead of “Cannot remove the last part of a building doing that, please use the writ to destroy the building.” You will now get the message “Cannot remove the last part of a building doing that. Please use the building management screen to destroy the building.”
  • Bugfix: Embark key-bind will no longer work on tents
  • Bugfix: Hell horses will no longer unhitch from hitching posts when they get an age tick
  • Bugfix: Mining a boulder or meteorite should now follow the same logic as mining a cave wall in terms of sound effects, stamina loss, pickaxe damage and key-bind
  • Bugfix: Traders can once again be accessed through windows
  • Bugfix: Spelling, text and grammar issues fixed
    • Removed incorrect space before period in tunneling-too-wide error message
    • Fixed plural mouse-over on large planters for potatoes and tomatoes
      • This is not retroactive and will be updated when you tend them
  • Bugfix: Fixed shield skins not being sent for watchers on login and other situations
  • Bugfix: Removed drunk walk penalty when going below drunkenness threshold
  • Applied drunk walk penalty when logging on with alcohol above threshold
  • Bugfix: Extended the collision of the rope bridge walls to cover the tile in order to prevent reported rope bridge deaths
  • Bugfix: Set player as owner of liquids when dragging partial liquid from one container to another:
    • This bug would cause issues with dragging liquids from a larger container to a smaller container that could not hold it all. The player would then wind up with not having the recipe count as completed or the product would be capped at 20ql
  • Bugfix: Allow movement between inventory and inventory groups for any item already in your inventory
  • Bugfix: Leveling with a dredge from a boat will now properly abort once the boat and dredge are both full
  • Bugfix: Fixed yield message when harvesting from weeds from a large planter box.
  • Client Change: Key-bind added for Libila consume corpse ability
  • Like 1

Most sounds good and very welcome, thank you!

One concern only:

Bugfix: Extended the collision of the rope bridge walls to cover the tile in order to prevent reported rope bridge deaths

Does this mean I won't be able to walk out from the same tile where the rope bridge ends? That would be very sad, I have a setup where I actively using this feature to use the same tile edge to walk on the rope bridge and also go down to the adjacent tile under the bridge.

Bugfix: Embark key-bind will no longer work on tents

Now this ^

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Mission region indicators such as “center-west” have been replaced with approximate locations on the in-game map, for example “within about 5 map squares of 17 D”. Precision scales with server size, so larger servers are split up into more regions than smaller servers. Servers without an in-game map will continue to use the old system

I need clarification on this one. Does  "5 map squares" mean 5 map grids? For example L 25 up to L - 20 ? Or are we talking ingame tiles? 

If it's 5 map grids, then that's a huge distance.

31 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Mission region indicators such as “center-west” have been replaced with approximate locations on the in-game map, for example “within about 5 map squares of 17 D”. Precision scales with server size, so larger servers are split up into more regions than smaller servers. Servers without an in-game map will continue to use the old system

Does this apply to HOTA?

13 minutes ago, elentari said:

I need clarification on this one. Does  "5 map squares" mean 5 map grids? For example L 25 up to L - 20 ? Or are we talking ingame tiles? 

If it's 5 map grids, then that's a huge distance.

Grids, but precision varies depending on server. 

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Grids, but precision varies depending on server. 

so if the mission said traitor around M23. does that mean M23 is the centre reference tile and the area is +2 in map grids all round the centre grid - making it 5x5 in game map grids area to look at, or is it +5 grids around the centre grid (as thats what 5 grid radius means) making it 10x10 in game grids area? or maybe that m23 grid is not the centre one but the random on in the area? 

We still need a bit more clarification please, as all 3 options i mentioned here would have a completely different areas to look at (size wise too). 

Also we had an option to use dioptra on the sun/moon/valrey to give us indication what region we were at the time. would this be linked to map grids instead now?

how will this work on elevation? we dont even have an in game map

23 minutes ago, Taltos said:

how will this work on elevation? we dont even have an in game map

Bruh...

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Servers without an in-game map will continue to use the old system

11 hours ago, Skatyna said:

so if the mission said traitor around M23. does that mean M23 is the centre reference tile and the area is +2 in map grids all round the centre grid - making it 5x5 in game map grids area to look at, or is it +5 grids around the centre grid (as thats what 5 grid radius means) making it 10x10 in game grids area? or maybe that m23 grid is not the centre one but the random on in the area? 

The X in "within about X map squares" is approximate. The reference points are still laid out on a grid, so there are diagonal measurements involved.

Basically, it breaks the map up into square chunks (more chunks for larger servers), and the reference point given is in the center of that chunk.

12 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Also we had an option to use dioptra on the sun/moon/valrey to give us indication what region we were at the time. would this be linked to map grids instead now?

The change only affects mission text. Other things, like using a dioptra on a celestial body, still give the same regions they did before.

I think this is a great change and all but perhaps this is a little too precise now?

rn33LTN.png?1

Let's put this into perspective with Xan

Here we have something within 1 square of 20 P

QhbB6ss.jpg

Let's change this reference to the size of Independence

CbAwqvP.jpg

and then finally to the size of Deliverance

3HEWopx.jpg

Rest assured, it's not too precise, you still have a larger region than the deliverance ones were pre change

Edited by Retrograde
Updated maps with correct markings

Bugfix: Removed drunk walk penalty when going below drunkenness threshold

Bugfix: Set player as owner of liquids when dragging partial liquid from one container to another:
This bug would cause issues with dragging liquids from a larger container to a smaller container that could not hold it all. The player would then wind up with not having the recipe count as completed or the product would be capped at 20ql

That's a huge win/in my book only maybe but.. these have been around for way too long/👍

"Bugfix: Allow movement between inventory and inventory groups for any item already in your inventory"

About this one.. does that mean, when a character is meditating/praying/or whatever action like that and was activating lets say a shovel freely being in inventory... that said shovel can be moved in some inventory group/backpack(in inventory in case the item is other and fits).. 

Or the bug was not related to locked activated items until certain actions finish/end/get-canceled.

49 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

ZfkjF3a.jpg

Rest assured, it's not too precise, you still have a larger region than the deliverance ones were pre change

retro images are "slightly" misleading.. it was saying it's based on 5 squares... are the squares based on xana's size.. deli have a bit more than 5x5 tile zone it seems.. also.. even with 5x5 zones.. that on small servers is going to look a bit odd.. I guess there's going to be learning curve and some feedback to this change.

Old system was fine.. people just didn't know they can use dioptra to find their location area on the server...

Oh okay as long as "within 1 square" is somewhere within 9 squares then its fine. I was reading it as "somewhere inside s16" which just seemed like it would take all the fun out of it. Carry on then.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

retro images are "slightly" misleading.. it was saying it's based on 5 squares... are the squares based on xana's size.. deli have a bit more than 5x5 tile zone it seems.. also.. even with 5x5 zones.. that on small servers is going to look a bit odd.. I guess there's going to be learning curve and some feedback to this change.

Old system was fine.. people just didn't know they can use dioptra to find their location area on the server...

This is not comparing the radius given, this is comparing the amount of land within the xanadu radius given 

I still fail to see any improvement for the traitor creature. Still says "southwest regions".

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

ZfkjF3a.jpg

That's almost the entire map. You've got to be kidding. How is this an improvement ? Seriously? 

• Like 2

Context wise he's just demonstrating what the size of a 1 tile mission on xan looks like against the other map not specifically what your missions will look like on those small maps (although I think an 11x11 square instead of a 12x12 wouldn't be that much a difference to your point). And I'd guess its an improvement because a mission on xan was previously hinting at an area about 2.25x the size of the entire small server. This helps align the experience to be more similar (although even having a better idea of where the mission is on xan still doesn't mean people will be willing to spend the travel time to get there).

Is it just me, or is the daytime sky being shaded differently with this update?  Haven't changed my driver or settings, but they sky looks more naturally shaded instead of just the same uniform blue color.

Just to clarify I had the calculations off, it's not as big as I had expanded because the original one was off. 

I've fixed that now! 

And also, this is not what it is on each map, this is the comparative land that the xanadu marker would cover when compared to other servers. 

Other servers will have different ranges, but essentially this makes the amount of land to search on xanadu equal to the amount of land on any other server. 

20 hours ago, Finnn said:

"Bugfix: Allow movement between inventory and inventory groups for any item already in your inventory"

About this one.. does that mean, when a character is meditating/praying/or whatever action like that and was activating lets say a shovel freely being in inventory... that said shovel can be moved in some inventory group/backpack(in inventory in case the item is other and fits).. 

Or the bug was not related to locked activated items until certain actions finish/end/get-canceled.

The bug was regarding no-drop items like sleep powders. If you moved them into, say, a backpack in your inventory, you couldn't move them back out. That has been fixed.

• Like 1

BTW about this.. "Valrei item sacrifice missions will now spawn items on the ground as before, in addition to being found through digging and investigating"

How many are going to be spawned?

If a mission asks for 46, does the mission spawn 46 of these on the server, also when there are 3-4 missions of same type occurring on the server.. should be expect to find 1 every ~5 tiles or 20-30 on a single tile already forming a pile?

Sign in to follow this