Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

[Bug]The year my toon is born is wrong.

These two lines are from two different toons that i have. Mark the Wurm year they are born, and how many RL days its since. 

[20:10:12] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds, 1028. That's 2666 days, 20 hours and 12 minutes ago.

[20:10:20] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 1 of the Snake's starfall, 1028. That's 3360 days, 18 hours and 10 minutes ago.

Anyone know what this might be?

4 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

These two lines are from two different toons that i have. Mark the Wurm year they are born, and how many RL days its since. 

[20:10:12] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds, 1028. That's 2666 days, 20 hours and 12 minutes ago.

[20:10:20] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 1 of the Snake's starfall, 1028. That's 3360 days, 18 hours and 10 minutes ago.

Anyone know what this might be?

Are both toons on the same server?

5 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Are both toons on the same server?

Yes.

I also talked to some people ingame, and one person created the toon somewhat 11 days before the "oldest" of these two, and had a lower year. Seems like the oldest of these two toons atleast have the wrong Wurm year.

Edited by Nordlys

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

Yes.

Ok, actually the calculation is quite funny:

this.sendNormalServerMessage("You entered through the portal to Wurm on " + WurmCalendar.getDateFor(inventory.creationDate) + " That's " + Server.getTimeFor(System.currentTimeMillis() - this.player.getSaveFile().creationDate) + " ago.");

Day of the Ant, week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds, 1028 is the creation date of your inventory.

While 2666 days, 20 hours and 12 minutes ago is the creation date of your character as we can see in code

Just now, Sklo:D said:

Day of the Ant, week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds, 1028 is the creation date of your inventory.

While 2666 days, 20 hours and 12 minutes ago is the creation date of your character as we can see in code

There can be different reasons for this. I don't have an idea yet, I would trust the older value, it is likely that the newer value has been updated due to some kind of bug in the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 1 of the Snake's starfall, 1028. That's 3360 days, 18 hours and 10 minutes ago.

[20:19:09] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 1 of the Snake's starfall, 1011. That's 3371 days, 2 hours and 25 minutes ago.

Can confirm.

Edited by neopherus
  • Like 1

Added as a bug, I'll see if there is any reason that uses inventory creation date and not character for both.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Added as a bug, I'll see if there is any reason that uses inventory creation date and not character for both.

Interestingly the inventory creation date is right but the character creation date isn't.

I also have at least one account affected.

From the history the day converter has been implemented later so whoever implemented that inventory.creationdate thing maybe knew that character creation dates have been invalidated somewhere between 2009 and 2011 and so he used inventory date.

[23:36:07] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 1 of the starfall of Fires, 989. That's 4297 days, 11 hours and 24 minutes ago.

While I still know for sure that I created that account in June 2008 and not in January 2009 which would be 4297 days ago.

Edited by Sklo:D

Maybe this oddity sheds some light on the loyalty spyglass issue where that is (was?) not always gifted at 12 months prem time but sometimes seemingly randomly later?