Sign in to follow this  
Zera

CREATESEEDS=true Error?

So I've tried setting this in my wurm.ini but I'm getting an error on startup and my server refuses to boot.

Spoiler

[02:04:33 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - reason: Problem running the server - 128
[02:04:33 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - cause: 
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 128
    at com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO.setTile(MeshIO.java:343)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.setForagable(Server.java:3445)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.setGrassHasSeeds(TilePoller.java:1215)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.TilePoller.checkCreateIronRock(TilePoller.java:1421)
    at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.createSeeds(Zones.java:1517)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:964)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:130)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:56)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1496)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:286)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:35)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

[02:04:33 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at: 
java.lang.Exception
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown$1(Server.java:3729)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$8$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:232)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java:3718)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:137)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:56)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startDB(WurmServerGuiController.java:1496)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain.main(WurmServerGuiMain.java:101)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:35)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

I have no idea what's causing the problem or how to fix it. T.T
Any insight?

Maybe a forgotten option which shouldn't be used anylonger, seems to be bugged

1 minute ago, Sklo:D said:

Maybe a forgotten option which shouldn't be used anylonger, seems to be bugged

That's unfortunate considering without it we're waiting a few days for Foraging to work.
That's an extra pain in the rear on Local Games.

there was another way if i remember correctly. was to set your server date to a few months in the future. but was best done at start of server before players had logged on.

not very helpful i know. just mentioning for future reference. 

Funny story, our Flags.map file was preventing us from using the Forage/Botanize options.

Once we'd deleted that file and let a new one regenerate we were able to use the options again AND the CreateSeeds=true worked without error.

For anyone else who may run into this problem in the future, it's an easy fix!!!

Always back up your files just incase!

If I remember correctly, the CreateSeeds=true setting was used on an early version of WO as the world generation API and server were not creating flower tiles, it was only intended as a temporary workaround and should probably have been removed.

I don't think there's a use for the setting now, and it's likely that it might be very buggy now.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:55 AM, Zenity said:

If I remember correctly, the CreateSeeds=true setting was used on an early version of WO as the world generation API and server were not creating flower tiles, it was only intended as a temporary workaround and should probably have been removed.

I don't think there's a use for the setting now, and it's likely that it might be very buggy now.

I am pretty sure the "flower fix" was different and not solved by the createseeds= entry, but by a standalone script someone wrote:   

I have had lots of singleplayer maps (not sure which map generation was used,  maybe an older one, and also using maps recently downloaded from the mods section here) where there was little to no forage or botanize available, unless I logged off and edited the ini to createseeds=true and then restarted the server.   This was true as recently as a couple weeks ago. Otherwise I had no forage/botanize when I started a new map. createseeds=true was an immediate solution.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

It's too funny that replies and comments to this thread didn't actually start to occur until I found out what was wrong and solved it... (And marked it as such)

Thanks guys, but this topic isn't really a discussion anymore. It's not "Old and not working" anymore, it does still work.

I fixed it.

You can stop speculating that it's broken, un-used or otherwise now.

Edited by Zera
  • Like 1