Sign in to follow this  
KharnovKrow

The Lunar Order is Accepting Recruits (updated)

July News

Greetings all!

This month's news post is a little bit late because there was something I really wanted to include, but it took me a little while to get around to it, find the time, and get the help that I needed. But I am very pleased to announce that the Lunar Order Academy now has a dedicated wagoner camp and market space!

VR2YGti.jpg

41O7uMK.jpg

His name is Kelvin. Everybody say Hi to Kelvin! o/

I want to give a special thanks to AirborneASE, who was kind enough to donate his wagoner contract to us, along with plenty of other great stuff, when he made the decision to move up to the Northern Freedom Isles! I also want to thank Zelva for her assistance, since I had not actually trained up Paving on my toon and needed someone to plant the waystones for me.

A champion lava spider has appeared to the south along the highway; apparently there is a mission going on, so consider this a hint if any hunters are lucky enough to read this in time!

Aside from that, there has not been too much else going on. We are still accepting recruits if anyone is looking for a home :) 

Edited by KharnovKrow
  • Like 4

August News

Greetings all!

For the most part, there is not a ton of big news to announce. Things have been proceeding fairly quietly at the Academy. However, I would like to announce that we are actively recruiting once again! 

We have beds, food, and supplies available, along with plots to build a home for yourself. While the Academy primarily exists to support new players, we accept people with any level of experience, so long as you are a decent neighbour. Members can pitch in to the communal resources, but there are no costs or requirements to live at the Academy.

• Like 1

From the late-evening under-thicket, a lone figure brushes away pine needles as he steps into the open.

Gaunt and rugged at first glance in the half light, yet fastidiously maintained and tidy are the many catchments and restitchings of a beast long-dead.

Deadly familiarity gleams itself upon his shoulder in the brandishing of a long polished blade

Fo-crazed wildmen such as he are not known for acting without a purpose, and this one is little exception. However, they are also known to be quite resourceful.

They also possess a flair for the dramatic

Will you accept him into the fold?

Edited by Hoseph
  • Like 2

September News

Greetings everyone!

Monthly news post is a bit later than usual. Not too much to report, I've been a bit absent this month. But as the post above indicates, we've been joined by Hoseph! I am very pleased about this, because it means someone can help with the farming!

Hoseph also happens to be training as a priest of Fo! While there are certain spells he cannot cast yet, I am excited that we now have priests of two different gods residing at the Academy :D Meanwhile, I am close to the point of being able to cast Wind of Ages, though my Channeling has a way to go before I can cast WoA/CoC reliably. But it is definitely progress!

I am also pleased to report that Zelva, using one of her alts, has kindly been enchanting our pastures for the last while! Soon all of our animal pens and stables will have enchanted grass!

Edited by KharnovKrow
  • Like 2

November News

Hello everyone o/

My apologies for the radio silence the last little while! There has been a lot of stuff going on, and that ended up getting more of my attention for the last little bit, along with the usual life stuff.

For the most part, those of us at the Academy have been working on various projects or honing our skills. Hoseph has been doing some nice work, I keep meaning to get some photos and post them. Stay tuned for that!

We are definitely still accepting recruits, feel free to get in touch with me here or in-game if you are interested in joining the Academy!

• Like 1

December News

A belated Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone on Wurm!

I have not been very active on Wurm lately, but I have been around. Not much has been going on lately, but I do want to offer my thanks to Hoseph for work that he has been doing around the Academy!

Wishing everyone all the best, and a Happy New Year!

January News

Happy New Year everyone! First news post of 2022!

Not too much to report! Some people were cleared out due to inactivity, other people have come back!

I am very pleased to say that I FINALLY took some pictures to show off all of the excellent work that Hoseph has been doing for us!

yiyUzv9.jpg

He has done some redecorating, here's a look at the front of the Main Hall now!

e91yMRg.jpg

Here's a view from behind!

GGbi7k5.jpg

And a close up on the planters he set up for us behind the Main Hall!

While it's been put on hold for a bit so I can level Channeling more to make the process more efficient, I have started working on making enchanted sets of horseshoes for the Academy and our allies!

Other than that, just a reminder that we are still accepting recruits, rookies and veterans alike!

Cheers,

KharnovKrow

February News

Look at that, it's News Time again!

Mostly just the same-old at the Academy, but there has been one big change: the Lunar Order Academy is now a member of the Blue Banner alliance on Xanadu 😁

They have deeds all over the place, and plenty of great people! And we are all happy to organize events with people outside of our alliance as well, the more the merrier!

We are still accepting recruits, of course, and I even managed to clear up a few abandoned plots so we have more space for people to build homes for themselves! I do have a couple that I've converted into fields for crops, mind you, but they can be freed up for use if needed :) 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Blue Banner Alliance! We not only have deeds all over Xanadu, but we also hail from all corners of the world! Greetings from an Aussie expat currently based in Singapore!

• Like 1

May News

Greetings all!

It has been a little while since my last post here, and this is mostly just a glorified "bump" so that people know we're still active. Things have been pretty quiet at the Academy for the most part, but we still have plenty of space for anyone who might be looking for a home. Thus far we have been very happy in the Blue Banner alliance, some excellent people there for sure :D 

I do have one cool thing to announce as well: I got my hands on a champion wild cat! Well, more specifically, I got my hands on a third champion wild cat, as I already adopted two that were in need of a new home a little while back. I've only got so many care slots, so I figured I would offer this beauty to anyone who might want a giant pet kitty of their own!

May the Fourth be with you!

• Like 1

June News

Hello again, folks!

Mostly just the same old stuff going on. But last month was the one-year anniversary celebration for the Blue Banner Alliance! Much fun was had, many Drunkard titles were earned! Things are still being figured out, but there are plans for more fun events in the future, for alliance members and other folks who might want to attend!

We are definitely still accepting recruits, if there is anyone looking for a home in south-west Xanadu. :) 

Have a good one!

July News

Hello everyone!

This last little bit has been pretty chill at the Academy, just more casual grinding on my part. The lovely Zelva was kind enough to provide me with a pile of corn to use for favor sacs, just need to get it chopped up so I can keep working on my Channeling skill!

There's still plenty of space at the Academy for people looking for a home, especially newer players who need to get on their feet! Feel free to reach out if you are interested in staying at the Academy ^_^

September News

Hey folks!

It's been a little bit since my last post, for a few reasons. There hasn't been much to announce lately; I was holding off for a bit because I might have some news to share, but that didn't end up happening. So I figured it was time for me to make another post in here just letting folks know that we're still around if anyone is looking for a chill place to live :)

Not a lot is happening at the Academy, but our alliance is continuing to grow and expand, and we had one of our old neighbours returns from a bit of a hiatus!

Cheers,

KharnovKrow

Hello everyone,

The Lunar Order Academy is no longer recruiting. I am not sure about everything that is going to happen going forward, but I am going to be moving to another deed, and as of this moment there doesn't seem to be anyone available to take on the task of managing the settlement. The Lunar Order Academy was the first deed I joined when I started playing Wurm, and I have a lot of fond memories there. That's why I've spent the last while trying to recruit players and bring it back to the level of activity it had when I first joined. But that's a task I'm just not quite up to; I'm far too casual a Wurm player, not around enough to be the glue holding together a community.

It is possible that someone else will taking over running the Academy, and maybe they will be recruiting again down the road. I don't actually own the deed, so I don't have the final say there, but if you might be interested in taking over running the Academy, feel free to reach out to me and I can get in touch with the owner.

Thank you very much for all the support that people have given over the years. Thank you everyone who joined our community over the years, I'm sorry I wasn't more up to the task of turning it into something great. Wishing all of you the best, and hopefully I will see you around!

Best wishes,

KharnovKrow

• Like 2