Sign in to follow this  
KharnovKrow

The Lunar Order is Accepting Recruits (updated)

I would like to join my deed in with the Lunar Order alliance :) i am a vet player mainly focused on bulk goods but also have a jack of all trades master of none thing going on ;) and i have good fighting and dragonslayer title and probably another 20 titles

Open to possibly 2 recruits on my deed as well

I am a husband and father of an toddler work full time job and currently trying to get licenced in insurance so im pretty busy during the week

• Like 3

I'm usually on like 10:00 am for 2 hours or so and then 8:00pm+ 

GMT +1

alrighty :) im usually on after 11pm for an hour or 2 during the week and on most of weekend

im currently studying for insurance license in the mornings then work night shift and have a toddler and married lol so busy busy but ill hop on when i can lol

I'm in the Pacific Northwest, so GMT -7

My playtime can be somewhat irregular, because of IRL business or the fact that I have a grocery list of hobbies that split my attention, lol. I was trying to catch you online yesterday, but I can probably do a better job knowing when to expect you around ^_^ 

Thanks for your patience with all of this!

• Like 1

November News

It's a bit late this month, sorry folks. Life has been busy, and hectic.

And I missed the dragon-slaying last weekend as a result. *le sad*

But some of our wonderful members were able to attend, snap some photos, and it sounds like they had a great time!

Not a ton going on right now, but here are a few updates!

The deed of Lions Gate has officially joined the Lunar Alliance; we are glad to have Smwoodburn as our ally! He is potentially interested in someone joining him on his deed; it is much further north than the Academy, so it may be a good opportunity for prospective fighters!

I have promoted Palmiradeprez to the rank of Lunar Citizen! While mostly a formality when she is already the owner of her own deed, I wanted to acknowledge all the hard work she has done, both getting herself settled and helping us at the Academy!

I would also like to announce that we have added two Priests of Vynora to our alliance: Smwoodburn's alt, Wraithshadow, and Palmira's alt, Jaquelinedeprez! They are both relatively low-level, but I am still jealous, and can't wait until I finally take that step as well at Lunalong!

November 15, 2020: A couple of big announcements!

I would like to welcome the newest member of Lions Gate, Valhala, to the Lunar Alliance, and to Wurm Online!

I am sad to say that Slahn is no longer a member of the Lunar Order Academy. But I am extremely pleased to announce that Slahn is now the Mayor of his own settlement nearby, Old Amsterdam, and he remains with us as a member of the Lunar Alliance! He has also been promoted to the rank of Lunar Citizen, recognizing both his improved skills and continued dedication to our community!

November 25, 2020: some big updates coming, folks!

Hey everyone!

So there have been a few updates, including the addition of Gavias to our listed Alliance members, and adding Smwoodburn's Merchant Advertisement to our Services Offered section.

I also want to let people know that the big news post for December is likely going to include some big updates! This will include a revision of our current system of Ranks and Titles, along with a few other things that are still in the works. Our Alliance is growing in size, I am pleased to say! And in order to make the most of that wonderful opportunity, I am looking into fixing up and reinstating some old ideas, along with polishing up and presenting some new ones as well! But I want to consult with our membership a bit more before moving forward, hence waiting until December before putting everything out there :)

Edited by KharnovKrow
  • Like 2

Congrats all! and goodluck on the new deed!

Also, Lets welcome Gavias or Traveler777(forums) to the Lunar Alliance! Great having more Vets with us!

As we also welcome new members we do extend a welcome invitation to Veterans and returning players! I personally have a few spots available on my deed and working on mine plots as well that are a bit more conifined 3x3 sections or 3x4 as to allow plenty of mining space.

Im still fairly new to the Lunar alliance but should you have any questions of any sort feel free to mail me! :) 

• Like 1

Ezlynn PM'd me showing interest in joining one of our deeds but wasnt sure which one. They stated they have played Wurm Unlimited for a long time now but they are new to WO and were traveling to the alliance capital area :) just keep an eye out and reach out for this person should you see them

• Like 2

have a couple of returning players and old friends on mine and Gavias' wanting to join Gunn and Daigu going ahead and inviting them and we'll do a trial run see how they fit but theyre good and i know them. Alliance is getting bigger

• Like 2

Good Evening, are you guys still recruiting members?

Returning Vet after some years, carrying much of my own equipment to get restarted with.

Currently standing in Oakheart (Just NE of central Xan) deciding on a direction to walk. PM me here, in-game or reply if looking to add to your ranks.

• Like 1

December News

Happy Holidays, everyone!

A lot has happened over the last month or so! The Lunar Alliance has expanded significantly, bringing some highly-skilled and all-around great people into our community! I would like to offer a warm welcome to GunnbjornShiraishiLiberton, and Millzy!

Many of our new allies are mighty warriors, slaying epic monsters and battling at Rifts. While I have still not managed to find the time to join these valiant heroes in their struggles, I can say that it's been a long time since prospective warriors of the Lunar Order have had the opportunity to fight beside so many skilled champions. 

Without going into too much detail, I would also like to add that several of our new allies have helped to increase the access that our alliance has to priests of the various gods of Wurm; I believe at this point we have at least one priest of every god save Libila in our alliance!

In order to help manage communication among our growing membership, we have made some updates to our alliance Discord Channel! After considering several options, we've decided to keep that as our primary means of communication outside the game, in addition to these forums. This might also be our first public mention of the Discord channel on this forum, but I will soon update our introduction post to include it.

On the recommendation of some of our new members, I have made a small update to our Rank and Title system. The skill benchmarks for each rank have been raised by 10, which also puts their requirements more in line with the conventional skill title system. It makes more sense with a larger proportion of our membership now consisting of veteran Wurmians.

I am afraid that the last bit of news I have to report is a sad one, but I feel it is my responsibility at this point to be upfront about the matter. There have been several occasions in the past where members of the Lunar Alliance have reported items to be missing or stolen, and another instance has occurred recently. In response, I felt the need to edit our Policies and Guidelines to include a Warning, and some recommendations. Since I assume not everyone makes a habit of regularly re-reading a thread, I wanted to include mention here.

It sucks to end on such a downer note, but I really do believe in our ability to overcome these kinds of petty struggles and do great things together. We are on our way to making the Lunar Order a force to be reckoned with once again!

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Just read through all of this entire thread again haha. Wow stealing already? That’s unnecessary people if you need something that bad mail me and we’ll see if we can get you fixed up with something! Also, update my vynora priest Wraithshadow is again prem’ed for another year! Add to my section of the list please:) and thank you! Also, I’d like to get with kharnov Alk and Zelda about a section of my deed I will be portioning off and setting up for a big project I’d like to start after I finish this set of jobs I’m currently quad up with. I will be harvesting in bulk specific resources and donating large portions of my own personal reserves for this as well.

Happy

New

Year

XANADU!

January News

News post is coming out a bit late this month, sorry everyone. Really busy IRL, plus other distractions >_>

I am very pleased to say that my main toon has FINALLY become a priest of Vynora! Now I just need to spend several years casually stumbling in the direction of a half-decent Channeling skill! My personal goals aside, our alliance includes a number of priests of different faiths, capable of potentially providing a wide array of enchantments :)

Shoutout to Millzy, who has been helping out a bunch with farming at the Academy. Him and I have been working on clearing space off-deed that can be used as farmland until we decide to expand into the area. He is kindly donating half of all his harvests to our stockpile :D 

While I have been too busy to really take advantage of the kind offer, we are hoping to be involved in more activities with the alliance of Thorinoakshield in the future!

Probably stuff I am forgetting; it is early, I slept poorly, and I am not yet finished my oversized mug of coffee.

Once again, a Happy New Year to all my fellow Wurmians!

Edited by KharnovKrow
  • Like 1

February News

Late as usual! Yet again, a blend of RL business and affairs with other games and hobbies have kept me away.

But I come with a big announcement that will make my unreliable presence a bit less of a nuisance, I hope!

The Lunar Order has joined the ranks of the Loch Ness Alliance, led by Thorinoakshield!

By doing this, we become part of a larger and more active community, with members who have been planning and attending events together for some time now. My hope is that it will allow me to focus less on trying to set up larger events and projects that are a bit outside the scope of my experience, and focus more on the Academy specifically, along with my personal projects in Wurm.

While I am still interested in developing the concept of the 'Lunar Order' as a group with membership across multiple deeds, it will obviously need some reconsideration now that we are no longer an independent alliance. I will probably put some more effort into both the 'flavour' and the tangible rewards that come with membership, but more details will come when I've had time to figure them out.

Edited by KharnovKrow
  • Like 1

Just two things:

1) It's OAKSHIELD, not OakENshield. While the origin of the name is obvious, I made a typo at the time, just to realise I was one of the few with that name, instead of the billions of Oakenshields. :D

2) While the Lunar Order is part of the Loch Ness Alliance, as far as I'm concerned nothing changes about the housing and guiding of new or returning players as it was done in the past.

Having a somewhat bigger alliance and a more active alliance chat may actually be more helpful, but as long as there's a Lunar Order, there's a place to help the new or returning players. So keep on recuiting!

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

On 2/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, Thorinoakshield said:

Just two things:

1) It's OAKSHIELD, not OakENshield. While the origin of the name is obvious, I made a typo at the time, just to realise I was one of the few with that name, instead of the billions of Oakenshields. :D

2) While the Lunar Order is part of the Loch Ness Alliance, as far as I'm concerned nothing changes about the housing and guiding of new or returning players as it was done in the past.

Having a somewhat bigger alliance and a more active alliance chat may actually be more helpful, but as long as there's a Lunar Order, there's a place to help the new or returning players. So keep on recuiting!

Thorin :) 

1) It was ALWAYS listed as Oakshield, I dunno what you're talking about. And we have always been allied with Eurasia against East Asia, of course. >_>;

2) I 100% agree that being part of a larger alliance is to our benefit, and I never thought that you'd try and stop us from doing stuff how we like, no fear! All I mean is that before, when I was actually trying to manage an alliance on my own, I was trying to incorporate all of our Rank and Title stuff into it for fun. Some of that changes now that we're part of a larger alliance with its own existing practices instead, I just mean that I need to work out the details of how that shift is gonna look :D

• Like 1

June News

Hello everyone! One of my semi-regular news updates about what is happening with the Lunar Order Academy. Not too much to say really; I myself have been away from Wurm for a little bit until recently, and our active membership is pretty low currently. But there is one fun tale to share with you all!

c3LKSNk.jpg

This fine fellow decided to spawn nearby, and proceeded to stroll right up into the middle of the Academy!

I was not especially confident in my own ability to handle this threat. But fortunately, Zelva pulled my rear out of the fire, chopping the eight-legged beastie into bits with just a few mighty blows! And after the fact, Thorinoakshield decided to commemorate the event with a piece of poetry:

Crampy Champy spider,
standing near a house,
Inside was Kharnov,
Trembling like a mouse.

"Is there anyone to help me?" he yelled in fear.
Fortunately, Zelva was near.
Swinging her axe, with much skill,
"Oh ######," the spider thought, "she's aiming for a kill."
Two hits later the spider was gone.
For Zelva the deed was done.

And now, while enjoying her Cider,
she panted: "I hate spiders"

Hopefully my Fighting skill will be in a better place soon, so I won't need to give Thorin an excuse to dunk on me in verse lol

Other than that, just the usual reminder that the Academy welcomes anyone looking for a quiet place to settle, especially new players who would appreciate some support while they get used to Wurm Online :)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Hey all, sorry for the absence the last couple off months had some real life ###### to deal with.

Am I still welcome back to the acadamy?

• Like 1

Hey guys might consider joining a closer alliance? i am now in one that spans from myself down to linton and some even over at blacktyde and the area

let me know and i can try to get yall in

• Like 1

I appreciate the offer, Woody :) I might take you up on it some time, but for now we are good where we are.

• Like 2