Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Cele Lag

Weeks ago I made a post about it, and was told they will monitor it for a week.. never heard back, no replies, lag is still there for many people.  20s spikes sometimes less, at times chat doesn't even go through after the spikes end.  Can we get some word on what's going on or being done about it?

I for one am tired of nearly walking off hills or into the lava pit on our wand island.  :(

• Like 4

massive lag not only on Cele but Chaos as well tonight

It's frustrating doing normal task's too. My friend today dropped his Medi rug and lost it. It ended up 9 squares behind him.

TLDR: We believe it's hardware issues, but it waits until we confirm some of the latest AWS changes are stable for our setup. If they are, we'll be going ahead with moving Celebration there, and likely getting rid of that nasty lag, otherwise we'll be looking into other ways to address it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Samool said:

TLDR: We believe it's hardware issues, but it waits until we confirm some of the latest AWS changes are stable for our setup. If they are, we'll be going ahead with moving Celebration there, and likely getting rid of that nasty lag, otherwise we'll be looking into other ways to address it.

Thanks a lot for this, really do appreciate it :)

• Like 1

I wonder if it's also due to bandwidth issues a lot of people are experiencing lately. I know in my country (Romania) where we usually have super fast internet a lot of providers now are struggling due to the covid outbreak. Basically too many people are logging on and streaming and there's hardware issues for everyone.

I can rule that out in my case - definitely download speed is much lower than usual (normally it gets up to 960MBit/sec) bit ping and overall speed are good... also the lag started well before the major lockdowns.

fKjud7g.png

• Like 2

http://freedom004.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/lag.html

Just have a look at that not exactly sure what it talks to to see the delay but it is pretty accurate with when cele lags big time those spikes in the 5 min graph line up pretty well which is why i hope it is a hardware thing that gets resolved with aws but time will tell

• Like 1

If you're doing something simple like sawing planks or making mortar, it's not so bad.

If you're moving around farming/harvesting/sowing, chopping down trees etc, it is borderline unplayable.

I'm seriously considering moving to another server... which is funny considering I moved to Cele to escape Xanadu lag.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

If you're doing something simple like sawing planks or making mortar, it's not so bad.

If you're moving around farming/harvesting/sowing, chopping down trees etc, it is borderline unplayable.

I'm seriously considering moving to another server... which is funny considering I moved to Cele to escape Xanadu lag.

Come to Xanadu to avoid the lag!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Heard it's been spreading beyond Cele at times as well. It's probably just time to say goodbye to the tired hamsters. :(   Also stop trying to beat me :P

3 hours ago, PandyLynn said:

Heard it's been spreading beyond Cele at times as well. It's probably just time to say goodbye to the tired hamsters. :(   Also stop trying to beat me :P

We should quarantine Cele!

Waar been trying to quarantine us for ages.  We just keep finding ways out. lol