Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

[No Bug] Placing of ships and vehicles not possible anymore

I don't know since when, but there is no option anymore to place an unmoored ship or unhitched vehicle anymore. I consider that a major drawback and fail to see any reason for.

There have been lots of threads in CA, Suggestions and others complaining about stranded ships and vehicles everywhere. Moving them, e.g. into a mine, or onto a lava tile was and is a way to get rid of unwanted eyesores. It is ways superior to all proposals like speeding up general decay (punishing all ship and vehicle owners) or falling off of locks (creating additional troubles with vehicles stranding on deeds) etc.

The place option made it possible to do that without risking carpal tunnel syndrome or TSV. The removal was nowhere announced in release notes, and I fail to see a legitimate reason for (maybe I am overlooking something). So please restore that option.

I cannot find the original post where it mentions removal of Place option on vehicles, but January 30th's Patch Notes mention it as well.

911abd4aef.png

Also, what I do when I need to push things quite far and may be helpful for you, instead of repeatedly pressing your push keybind, I hold it down a moment and it continues to re-queue Push actions until either you move or the item is too far away.