Sign in to follow this  
Ghengis

Release Steam WO early

Since more and more of us are stuck home with this pandemic would releasing the new steam version of Wurm Online earlier than June be something that could happen?

wurm / ccab have history of not pursuing revenue.

It's not like the game can change much in 2-3 months if it's out for so many years.. unless. new UI and something big is just about to be released...(but for big updates... you'd want some testing before dumping untested big changes for release on a new platform).

Time's perfect to be out there on the shelves.. as many are literally stuck at home.. and spending more than reasonable or healthy amount of time and money online..

if you can't go anywhere... I hope you're not just watching tv.. or staring at the wall/ceiling/etc for entertainment..

weather it's good time to release .. who knows

Exactly Finnn, I keep hearing that it's going to be the same game just a new cluster. If we are currently playing the version that will be released on Steam I think it could done with no issue. Who knows.

1 hour ago, Ghengis said:

Exactly Finnn, I keep hearing that it's going to be the same game just a new cluster.

You're missing the plan to revamp some things and polish the game up before presenting to a larger audience.

Releasing now may give more exposure, but at the same time may botch the only first impression WO will get. Seems more conducive to let people trickle in when they find the time once they're busier, but have them find something more worthwhile to stick around in.

• Like 1

We are working on many more features and polish before releasing, the game can and will change between now and launch. 

• Like 2

Please put effort into the features and the Polish. Lord knows they need all the help they can get.

You cant separate the wogic from wurm..

Hope it's possible to weaken that monster, but who knows.

Little bit of 'wogic' exists in every game, wurm just have a God of Wogic with quite strong domain. 🙃

On 3/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Retrograde said:

the game can and will change between now and launch

Excited for it to launch. Thinking about all the things that the devs prolly have to figure out with steam is a lot. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun