Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

Freedom Banners and Wagons

3 hours ago, CreZ said:

I've considered making a PMK with no real chance of winning any PvP just to make a wagon "for the lulz". Its not that big a deal when it costs the same as going out for a dinner for two. Go on a date or buy a wagon in wurm, either way you're throwing away money. At least the wagon will last more than a night. =]

I'll join to fill your numbers, so long as I get  to take a wagon home for my collection

+-1

I don't really care for skins, decoration and that kind of stuff in this game but would support anyone would want that, even tho there's a pretty legit way to do it right now providing you not lazy. But if that means next time i log in my java client uses like 6-7g of ram then i will hard pass. How about give as no texture options for lighter client?

And all this pvp/pve arguemnts doesnt' make sense. None of you are special snowflakes, if you on pvp server you pvper, or on pve server you pevers, regardles of your motivations or "feel like doing it"

1 hour ago, Votip said:

how ram and cpu usage is related to weight of game?

what exactly are you asking.. I'm just saying, that textures of pmks are irrelevant for your performance(currently pmk.jar is 11mb), and the size of the game as a whole is 'TINY' if anything.. compared to what other games take 'normally' lately.

44 minutes ago, Finnn said:

what exactly are you asking.. I'm just saying, that textures of pmks are irrelevant for your performance(currently pmk.jar is 11mb), and the size of the game as a whole is 'TINY' if anything.. compared to what other games take 'normally' lately.

Other games normally of late are bloated messes that their developers should be ashamed of. They're seldom adding quality or gameplay with all that extra size and are just being lazy and choosing not to optimize because they have the latest and greatest of hardware to do their dev work on.

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

They are when unused (ideally), but that size would quickly explode, and the actual issue is what happens at events like Impalongs where every Joe has their individual skin that all have to be loaded into the texture buffer. That concern is widely a theoretical one though, as I don't know how large these textures are individually.

What you propose in an earlier post just seems like a hamfisted way of delaying the problem that you claim isn't there. And even if that was your way of announcing how the problem is solved by this, it really isn't in the long run. And as much as Wurm players are willing to drop money on the game, making it a bidding competition is just downright scummy on so many levels.

10 hours ago, CreZ said:

I've considered making a PMK with no real chance of winning any PvP just to make a wagon "for the lulz". Its not that big a deal when it costs the same as going out for a dinner for two. Go on a date or buy a wagon in wurm, either way you're throwing away money. At least the wagon will last more than a night. =]

I don't know where are you living but in Serbia very decent dinner for a date for two is 20-30 euros. Can even go for 10e. 200-300e is someones montly salary here....

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

I don't know where are you living but in Serbia very decent dinner for a date for two is 20-30 euros. Can even go for 10e. 200-300e is someones montly salary here....

10e is lucky to get yourself a mediocre lunchtime sandwich with a fountain softdrink here. If you wanted one out of a bottle you'd be out of luck. I'd say that's pretty much the case is any metro area in the US but its definitely true in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Atlanta. In New Orleans there were  more abundant cheaper(slightly) options if you wanted something on a budget, but I also had my most expensive date ever there as well (2000USD for dinner for two). I don't think I know anywhere left in the US that you can get anything above the quality of fast food for two people for less than 20-30e. I guess if you cook at home you could manage something reasonably decent but eating out especially at the level you'd want for a date not so much.

I don't know whether to feel bad for Serbia that your monthly salary can be that low or for myself that our food and rent prices are so high. I guess no matter what its all designed to make sure you're broke at the end of the month no matter where you are.

13 hours ago, Flubb said:

They are when unused (ideally), but that size would quickly explode, and the actual issue is what happens at events like Impalongs where every Joe has their individual skin that all have to be loaded into the texture buffer. That concern is widely a theoretical one though, as I don't know how large these textures are individually.

What you propose in an earlier post just seems like a hamfisted way of delaying the problem that you claim isn't there. And even if that was your way of announcing how the problem is solved by this, it really isn't in the long run. And as much as Wurm players are willing to drop money on the game, making it a bidding competition is just downright scummy on so many levels.

ok I get it, you do not want a solution, you'll just come up with a new problem after reading the next one.

You're generally against the idea than, and no proposal is acceptable - ok.

@CreZI imagined NY or few other places.. but decided to not reply earlier.. also too lazy to guess or check where's expensive to live or go out these days(#covid19 a bit pointless to google right now)..  I just imagined not many are in the 10k/+ $/euro/etc payroll group and play wurm often and if such do, they are not the 24/7 kind, who most often are playing the game(life happens, family/relationship/work-priorities and so on, you'd typically call these the 'whales' of the game, mainly spending rather than 'playing')

15 minutes ago, Finnn said:

ok I get it

No, you don't, as usual. You even get the first thing wrong saying that I'm against the idea of Freedom custom textures after I suggested how it could be reasonably implemented.

Would love to have my own banner or crest or design or whatever...

+1

JS