Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

Freedom Banners and Wagons

If Wurm offered a service to produce banners and wagons for players on the freedom servers, I would glady pay for one for my deed.

• Like 3

Do you really want to pay 1g25s for unique banners for your freedom deed?  That's how much they cost currently.

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Do you really want to pay 1g25s for unique banners for your freedom deed?  That's how much they cost currently.

Thats not very much really to put a lasting texture into the game that you can share and sell.

I'd think it would make more sense to limit it to alliances with x number of deeds and y number of active premium accounts or something otherwise everyone with 100$ and a copy of ms paint is going to make their own . wagon texture.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CreZ said:

Thats not very much really to put a lasting texture into the game that you can share and sell.

I'd think it would make more sense to limit it to alliances with x number of deeds and y number of active premium accounts or something otherwise everyone with 100$ and a copy of ms paint is going to make their own . wagon texture.

Why limit it at all? Why not use it as an additional revenue source for a game that is struggling?

2 hours ago, Corwen said:

Why limit it at all? Why not use it as an additional revenue source for a game that is struggling?

Revenue is not the problem.  I promise.

9 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Revenue is not the problem.  I promise.

No company over looks potential revenue sources, I promise.

So... you're suggesting something that already exists.  Go to Chaos, use a declaration of independence, create your PMK, go through the bugged process to found your kingdom on a 20x20 deed somewhere and give your design to the art devs to implement.

• Cat 1

Yes I read your suggestion.  This feature already exists but requires leaving Freedom to do it.  Given that the existing process is so buggy and hasn't been fixed for several years, I highly doubt the devs are going to put forth the effort to implement a similar process on freedom... with likely as many bugs.

And BTW.... if you're seriously willing to spend 1g+ for your own "PMK" design, potentially losing 2-3s worth of gear and a sailboat/rowboat to dying on Chaos shouldn't be an issue for you.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

-1, this topic had been discussed so many times

Edited by Votip

And it deserves discussing again; because each time it has been discussed the only argument was "but PvP needs this to be unique".

The main argument behind this was PvP was expensive so PvP needed a revenue stream.

This was not a good argument.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 1

Just now, Etherdrifter said:

This was not a good argument.

Why?

Really bad idea. Just come to Chaos and make your own PMK.

11 minutes ago, Votip said:

Why?

Essentially, it serves only to benefit a tiny niche portion of the playerbase at the expense of the rest of the playerbase (the numbers speak for themselves really).  The literal expense, in terms of real world currency, is very offputting and sends out the message that "we favour PvP over PvE" from the game developers to the playerbase, whether that be true or not.

In terms of game design, it's awful, because you're missing the chance to harvest your PvE whales (who FAR outnumber your PvE ones based on probability alone).

The ONLY reason to argue for it is because PvP in its current form would not survive without it (at least, not without its playerbase actually putting money into the game).  Surely this speaks poorly of the design of PvP more so than the need of something to patch it over?

Alright, now convince me otherwise.  I'm open to input.

Edited by Etherdrifter

33 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Essentially, it serves only to benefit a tiny niche portion of the playerbase at the expense of the rest of the playerbase (the numbers speak for themselves really).  The literal expense, in terms of real world currency, is very offputting and sends out the message that "we favour PvP over PvE" from the game developers to the playerbase, whether that be true or not.

In terms of game design, it's awful, because you're missing the chance to harvest your PvE whales (who FAR outnumber your PvE ones based on probability alone).

The ONLY reason to argue for it is because PvP in its current form would not survive without it (at least, not without its playerbase actually putting money into the game).  Surely this speaks poorly of the design of PvP more so than the need of something to patch it over?

Alright, now convince me otherwise.  I'm open to input.

[15:21:09] 59 other players are online. You are on Chaos (482 totally in Wurm).

If you want your own personal flag go play wurm unlimited.

• Like 1

it's just an old concept that pvp kingdoms have to make coin through selling their branded t-shirts and such for more as they are the only form of unique content, if kingdoms weren't costing anything did cost less.. and there were more options to make unique content... both.. players would have broader variety of items to play with.. and ccab could make money making more sales.

As it is.. there are what 2 main, to 4 or 1-2 more kingdoms on chaos on average.. to split the benefit of the market.. vs 0 income for such content on epic.. and pve just gets nothing to keep pvp's income from t-shirts intact.

if any of that have to change.. not up to me.. to suggest replacement to the current model

The few negative responses to this (mainly from pvp people) is exactly why I rarely post anything on these forums anymore.

Here is an idea to make money with ZERO,, and I mean ZERO negative impact on anyone in the entire game and it gets push back from the usual trolls who just want to argue anything they can.

I also think its funny that people assume that 1g is a lot of money to everyone because its a lot to them. My wife and I are very fortunate to have the careers we have had and this is the only game I play. Something like this is WELL within budget for me and more than a few of my friends I play with in Wurm.

4 minutes ago, Corwen said:

I also think its funny that people assume that 1g is a lot of money to everyone because its a lot to them

Where there were assumptions that 1g is a lot?

5 minutes ago, Corwen said:

My wife and I are very fortunate to have the careers we have had and this is the only game I play. Something like this is WELL within budget for me and more than a few of my friends I play with in Wurm.

Great that you are doing great

5 minutes ago, Corwen said:

Here is an idea to make money with ZERO,, and I mean ZERO negative impact on anyone in the entire game and it gets push back from the usual trolls who just want to argue anything they can.

But you know that monetization and monetizing as much stuff as possible in general is not a great way of running a game? How freedom alliances are related with all this heraldic stuff related with kingdoms et cetera? I mean, why should I be able to, as a random guy, go and create my own banners that would be added to the game? And why would we stop on banners? How about player-made tapestries, furniture etc etc?

But... Don't we have Wurm Unlimited? Don't we have a game where you can create your own server and do there anything you want? Including heavy modding the game?

10 minutes ago, Corwen said:

The few negative responses to this (mainly from pvp people) is exactly why I rarely post anything on these forums anymore.

But wait, one guy few posts before said that pvp people are "tiny niche portion of the playerbase", so i dont know how we are overcoming Freedom Isles in a hate. I'll be honest, in my short history of pvping i have encountered a lot of hate from few freedomers, they behavioured even like pvp was a cause of all whats wrong and bad in our lifes.

• Like 2

Not everyone is bourgeois, dude. And if it's not much money then go found a wagon kingdom. It's easy. It's quick. It's 1.35G. Go make your favorite design. 

1 hour ago, Corwen said:

If a few people disagreeing with you who also present a more solid argument is a reason to avoid a forum, I'd suggest very heavy online isolation for yourself

• Cat 1

You should be social distancing anyways due to coronavirus

2 hours ago, user said:

[15:21:09] 59 other players are online. You are on Chaos (482 totally in Wurm).

Definitely a LOT less than the 429 non-PvP players.

Your point?