Sign in to follow this  
Supermastermind

Unique creature - private slaying is unfair

make uniques rift based. They dont leave area ...cant build on them cant modify terrain cant deed them. 

Give everyone a shot at attending.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Delacroix said:

-1. Nobody is entitled to content. If you want in on it, put in the work.

Pretty sure BIG that's part of the problem in a subscription game... where everybody should be able to have a piece of the pie 🙄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Pretty sure BIG that's part of the problem in a subscription game... where everybody should be able to have a piece of the pie 🙄 

No. You are not entitled to anything just because you pay a subscription. And if you think paying $10/mo for something means you are, well... I've got some news for you.

Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Life is going to chew you up and spit you out.

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

can i come live in your deed and use your tools and materials and stuff? we should all be able to have a piece of the pie 🙄

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

can i come live in your deed and use your tools and materials and stuff? we should all be able to have a piece of the pie 🙄

Oh you're now entitled to chase and pen game content than, is that what it is?

Again bad 'example' or situation comparison.. as uniques are not yours, for other players(customers) to borrow from you.

You just use all you've learned from the wu code and abused it to monetize your time 'playing' the game in various ways.

It's an entertainment business(read:game product).. if it's not available(read:bits of the content).. it does not exist.. and problem some are trying to explain is.. private slayings starve rest of the community from end-game content(rare events with unique rewards) or any dream/hope/chase(read:goal to play long term and seek improvement) to get piece of the best armor in the game.

• Like 1

lmao i'm just shitposting because your analogies are really bad like hilariously bad "hurr durr i dont find them so they're not available content", the spawn code in WU was a red herring as anyone who isn't a smoothbrain and hunted uniques could tell you. everyone has the same chance to find a unique, i barely even find them anymore so i don't see why i'm being being used as an example in this as if i'm the king of uniques lol, if you don't like private slayings go look for uniques and make public slayings. there's been 13 public slayings since the start of this year unless i'm missing some, over 2 a month, your argument of "content being blocked off" is complete ###### as the public slayings on the forums would tell you.

tldr git gud you dont find uniques by crying on the forums that you deserve things because you pay a subscription you find them by leaving deed and exploring

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 5

instead of wasting your time whining on the forums, get off yer ass and go find a euniqe yourself

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LumpyGravy said:

instead of wasting your time whining on the forums, get off yer ass and go find a euniqe yourself

I'm good dood.. don't think I want to spend hours to lurk and grief other people after work, rather play the game and have fun in it, don't have that sad reality to charge on stuff like overcommitting with that.. 

On the other hand I'd imagine more people were going to do rifts and uniques if they were more doable content to experience.

42 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

lmao i'm just shitposting because your analogies are really bad like hilariously bad "hurr durr i dont find them so they're not available content", the spawn code in WU was a red herring as anyone who isn't a smoothbrain and hunted uniques could tell you. everyone has the same chance to find a unique, i barely even find them anymore so i don't see why i'm being being used as an example in this as if i'm the king of uniques lol, if you don't like private slayings go look for uniques and make public slayings. there's been 13 public slayings since the start of this year unless i'm missing some, over 2 a month, your argument of "content being blocked off" is complete ###### as the public slayings on the forums would tell you.

tldr git gud you dont find uniques by crying on the forums that you deserve things because you pay a subscription you find them by leaving deed and exploring

how many of the 13 were private? 'lol', nice content and entertainment...... again.. bad argument

I'm not after the money or lost chances, it's about entertainment for all, keeps everybody happier and enjoying the game, drama around these keep happening for a reason, situation is not perfect and people want some improvement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

how many of the 13 were private? 'lol', nice content and entertainment...... again.. bad argument

13 public slayings m9 theyre on the forums and all

• Like 2

I don't think real change will come here; it's an issue with two clearly valid sides.

On the one hand, the uniques content could be considered well designed as it provides endgame content that requires hard work from players.  You put in the work, you maybe get the reward.

On the other hand, it is the only real endgame content of note, and this is bad design as it punishes players who can't, or won't, no-life.  It has become a focus of contention because the rewards are so powerful, and certain players are gated from this content by RL.

The real solution would be to add different endgame content linked to incremental actions which offers rewards of a similar magnitude.

• Like 7

I have a crazy idea, lets have new uniques with better mats for a new top tier armour from them.

This way the best players ( and likely the oldest in game ) will move on and try and get this new more powerful armour, meaning the drake / scale stuff will find its way downwards to the newer players.

Win win, new content for all and more chance for the newer players to get to see the old uniques when the best players chase after the new ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badvoc said:

I have a crazy idea, lets have new uniques with better mats for a new top tier armour from them.

This way the best players ( and likely the oldest in game ) will move on and try and get this new more powerful armour, meaning the drake / scale stuff will find its way downwards to the newer players.

Win win, new content for all and more chance for the newer players to get to see the old uniques when the best players chase after the new ones.

f7098e3291b90178769fb26f88dbf22e.png

It's not like whoever chases these for the current value will stop or not get a bigger reason to keep doing it and step it up for the even more valuable drops.

While also.. I can hardly imagine majority of the players quitting their jobs and roaming around the maps in search for a new shiny pinata.

The two things you talk about are in same group.. high targeted, highly valuable, found and killed the same way and for the same reason..

the idea is indeed... crazy... it's .. I actually don't have a word for it, it's that crazy. 
(you are suggesting to kill an "active volcano" problem with a "nuclear warhead".. it's crazy)

Edited by Finnn

10 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I don't think real change will come here; it's an issue with two clearly valid sides.

On the one hand, the uniques content could be considered well designed as it provides endgame content that requires hard work from players.  You put in the work, you maybe get the reward.

On the other hand, it is the only real endgame content of note, and this is bad design as it punishes players who can't, or won't, no-life.  It has become a focus of contention because the rewards are so powerful, and certain players are gated from this content by RL.

The real solution would be to add different endgame content linked to incremental actions which offers rewards of a similar magnitude.

The big issue here is that it makes the assumption that you need to "no life" to find uniques. That is ignoring the elephant in the room, which is simply making friends.

Of course, this certainly won't be an option if nobody likes you, which I suspect is one of the biggest driving forces behind threads like these.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Finnn said:

f7098e3291b90178769fb26f88dbf22e.png

It's not like whoever chases these for the current value will stop or not get a bigger reason to keep doing it and step it up for the even more valuable drops.

While also.. I can hardly imagine majority of the players quitting their jobs and roaming around the maps in search for a new shiny pinata.

The two things you talk about are in same group.. high targeted, highly valuable, found and killed the same way and for the same reason..

the idea is indeed... crazy... it's .. I actually don't have a word for it, it's that crazy. 
(you are suggesting to kill an "active volcano" problem with a "nuclear warhead".. it's crazy)

Not really many modern games have different tiers of armour, as players get more powerful new harder tasks are needed to keep people interested in the hunt. Why would a person be interested in holding onto their scale armour when they have "new better armour" so the value of scale drops and more people have the chance to get some, plus if the value drops whats the point in hording the kills, so maybe it gets spread around.

So how would you solve the problem, what can you do to stop people "hording" as you put it?

If its too easy or too common it has no value, and I don't mean silver value, I mean why not just sell scroll of summons in the mark shop, then people can summon them when every they want so long as they pay for it..……..

On 5/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Killroth said:

make uniques rift based. They dont leave area ...cant build on them cant modify terrain cant deed them. 

Give everyone a shot at attending.  

I would really, rather not have more rift like events...

Uniques encourage use of different items and skills, and reward you for your effort. People complaining that they're too rare or difficult are missing that that's the entire point. They're end-game content providing end-game items, simple as that. If you're unable to partake in said content, put in the effort so you can. Make friends, get the necessary gear, and find uniques yourself. If you don't have the time, you still have the ability to purchase items from the people who do.

And it's not even like people NEED drake/scale. You can do fine in pve with just cloth armor and studded leather in pvp. 

1 hour ago, Badvoc said:

Not really many modern games have different tiers of armour, as players get more powerful new harder tasks are needed to keep people interested in the hunt. Why would a person be interested in holding onto their scale armour when they have "new better armour" so the value of scale drops and more people have the chance to get some, plus if the value drops whats the point in hording the kills, so maybe it gets spread around.

So how would you solve the problem, what can you do to stop people "hording" as you put it?

If its too easy or too common it has no value, and I don't mean silver value, I mean why not just sell scroll of summons in the mark shop, then people can summon them when every they want so long as they pay for it..……..

We don't need new armor.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Delacroix said:

The big issue here is that it makes the assumption that you need to "no life" to find uniques. That is ignoring the elephant in the room, which is simply making friends.

Of course, this certainly won't be an option if nobody likes you, which I suspect is one of the biggest driving forces behind threads like these.

So you're saying the power of friendship will magically spawn uniques on Xanadu?

I think you've passed assumption and gone straight for delusion.

3 hours ago, Jore said:

Uniques encourage use of different items and skills, and reward you for your effort. People complaining that they're too rare or difficult are missing that that's the entire point. 

Come hunt uniques on Xanadu, bring your friends.  Talk to me about the reasonableness of the challenge after you find three.

My two copper coins.

1. Not all players who pay subscription get the same experience. You neither should be coddled but neither the game design should be for people who either don't have a job or have a lot of free time on their hand to find uniques. I can't find time to get to rifts due to work, let alone look for dragons if I have that 1% luch for them to spawn during my free time. Uniques are just as time gates as rifts are. This is bad game design, plain and simple. "You have to play between X-Y hours or you don't get your prize." What the hell is this? A gacha game?

2. Most uniques spawned are found within hours. It is a standard practice to pen them and kill them. It has been reinforced for years. It wouldn't be a problem if they were made immortal and immovable from moment of spawn for at least a week.

3. If they were made like rifts, with dragons spawning mobs (Dragon guards?) and people would be able to get scale based on a DKP system similar to rift points, it wouldn't be an issue. People would have the chance to get their scales without making them private. I'd make Dragon Killings set up in the weekend and they would take 48 hours. Moreover, to give people and equal chance I would put in a cooldown so you can't get more than a max set of DKP per month so people won't abuse them. Hell, go all the way for meritocracy and make scales non-tradeable. You want that armor, get your own scales, can't sell them and earn your piece of dragon scale set as it should be. No wallet warrior system there.

4. I never liked the system of uniques to be honest. It's way too RNG-ish. Wurm has too many RNG systems already and end - game content is probably the worst offender. Whether it used to be Valrei scenarios or current dragon issue. Just make a system where people have to earn them. As long as you can trade those items or allow alts to participate in hunts, NOTHING will change.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

So you're saying the power of friendship will magically spawn uniques on Xanadu?

I think you've passed assumption and gone straight for delusion.

It's funny--I think I hit a nerve, and that wasn't even a jab at you. Let me go ahead and spell this out for you, since I apparently need to do so:

1. Xanadu's issues =/= every server's issues

2. Pretty sure Xanadu's uniques have long since spawned. Perhaps the word 'find' is what you were struggling for there?

3. Larger groups = more coverage in less time.

4. 'Logic' is the word you're looking for here. In other words, simple mathematics. 2 > 1. You know, things we usually learn as small children.

I like em they way they are now, not everyone is supposed to have a drake hide or scale set.

So many people seem to have em already.

Also there's plenty of public slayings to attend, just keep an eye on other servers.

Rifts are endgame content too, so it's not just slayings. 

And a few years back those unique mobs didn't even respawn once they were killed.

4 hours ago, Delacroix said:

It's funny--I think I hit a nerve, and that wasn't even a jab at you. Let me go ahead and spell this out for you, since I apparently need to do so:

2. Pretty sure Xanadu's uniques have long since spawned. Perhaps the word 'find' is what you were struggling for there?

4. 'Logic' is the word you're looking for here. In other words, simple mathematics. 2 > 1. You know, things we usually learn as small children.

Xanadu's issues are not the same as every server's issues, however they are issues in need of resolution.  Simply saying "Xanadu is different" is not a valid rebuttle, it is just an attempt to deflect from a poor argument.

Actually, "find" is certainly not the word I was looking for, "spawn" was the one, since that is the course of action I suggested, which you would know if you actually read the thread and weren't just trying to make petty snipes to push your opinion (i.e. the status quo is amazing, please don't change it).

Larger groups do not, by virtue of size alone, lead to more "coverage" in less time.  Indeed, one well equipped and knowledgable player can cover more ground than two fools any day.  Furthermore, the argument of "go out and make friends" is short sighted, you're simply arguing that more hands makes less work, but you're ignoring the time limit and competitive nature of that work.  Knowing more people certainly helps, but really it's not just about making friends, it's about making the right friends.  You need folks from a wide range of timezones who are willing to metagame and generally a very dedicated player group.  I've not argued that such a group shouldn't be rewarded, I've simply argued that such groups are not the only players who deserve endgame content and more varied content should be included.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Come hunt uniques on Xanadu, bring your friends.  Talk to me about the reasonableness of the challenge after you find three.

5 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Xanadu's issues =/= every server's issues

Xanadu needs looked at separately, as the issues that plague it are unique to it. And that's not just regarding the uniques lmfao.

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Xanadu's issues are not the same as every server's issues, however they are issues in need of resolution.  Simply saying "Xanadu is different" is not a valid rebuttle, it is just an attempt to deflect from a poor argument.

I mean, you're the one who made the laughable 'rebuttle' to begin with. I'm sorry the response didn't live up to your expectations, but perhaps you're the one suffering from 'delusions' here.

Actually, "find" is certainly not the word I was looking for, "spawn" was the one, since that is the course of action I suggested

Especially since you seem to think Xanadu's uniques never spawned?

which you would know if you actually read the thread and weren't just trying to make petty snipes to push your opinion (i.e. the status quo is amazing, please don't change it).

I read most of it, but one can only take so much "WAHHHHHHHHHHH LIFE IS SO UNFAIR WAHHHHHHHHHH" before it gets to be too much.

Larger groups do not, by virtue of size alone, lead to more "coverage" in less time.  Indeed, one well equipped and knowledgable player can cover more ground than two fools any day.  Furthermore, the argument of "go out and make friends" is short sighted, you're simply arguing that more hands makes less work, but you're ignoring the time limit and competitive nature of that work.  Knowing more people certainly helps, but really it's not just about making friends, it's about making the right friends.  You need folks from a wide range of timezones who are willing to metagame and generally a very dedicated player group.  I've not argued that such a group shouldn't be rewarded, I've simply argued that such groups are not the only players who deserve endgame content and more varied content should be included.

lmfao

Edited by Delacroix

xan is the only freedom server at the moment with any living uniques

On 5/22/2020 at 6:05 AM, Delacroix said:

This is gonna a fun **** show when steam servers come out then cause im sure they are going to be a huge server (much like xan) also and believe it its gonna be an issue with uniques cause we will still raise our voice about this.

• Like 1