Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

How did you come up with your character name?

Mordos Kull was a medieval character you could be on Mace, an old N64 game. Fun times years ago.

My other character, Alpengeist, is named after my favorite roller coaster. I also liked its German meaning of "ghost of the mountain"  👻

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, Stanlee said:

Stanlee worked for an alliance in a big village where he was Villager #427.

Villager #427's job was simple: he sat at his desk in house 427 and he pushed buttons on a keyboard.

Imping actions came to him through a monitor on his desk telling him what buttons to push, how long to push them, and in what order.

This is what Villager #427 did every day of every month of every year, and although others may have considered it soul rending,

Stanlee relished every moment that the orders came in, as though he had been made exactly for this job.

And Stanlee was happy.

Best. Game. Ever.

my main on the northern servers is a long standing name i have used as a gamer tag for years that was added to a name i use in my dnd campaign to represent a specific charactor So the parts are Kordeth(which i started calling myself in games many years ago because of the propensity i have for destroying computers hence i am death to the core) and bludscythe is a name i use for a demigod type charactor i pull out to punish my players whenever they do something that calls for their swift and complete death. I have several other charactors that i attached the Bludscythe name too because i found i cant just have 1 charactor on any game.

my main charactor and my alts on southern servers where made with a certain travel orientated theme in mind because i initially decided to use my toons to travel around the southern cluster so i could look at all the amazing deeds and constructions that people have made over the years. so my first toon was Traipse and i found that he was not quite enough so i went  on to make Geornee(journey) and Voyajer(voyager) and i have found a modicrum of peace and happiness building on Indy  that eludes me on the northern cluster even today.

• Like 1

I'm reusing names I had in other games where possible. Rabiata is the female version of a violent character's name in an old TV skit. I used that one in more action oriented games before. My first choice here would have been "Jann DeVille", but unfortunately that was rejected because of the space in the name.

Edited by Rabiata

I got about 10+ names i swap between as i see fit, but for my wurm names 'PotatoOnStick' and 'HairylBulldozer' both have a bit of a short story.

PotatoOnStick came into being due to me liking Jeff Dunham at the time in particular José the jalapeno on a stick.

Which did not help as me and my friends at the time had some rather dumb inside jokes and one day we swapped Jalapeno out with a Potato and it was born.

Used the username for a few years then like i usually do i swapped again whenever i made a new account.

HairylBulldozer however is somewhat of an oddity as it started out as me and a friend talking about hairy bulldozer operators.

This was during the time when the server 'Cauldron'(I might be mistaken on the name) was a thing, I said i would join and he would recognise me once he saw me in local.

To no ones surprise he did, we laughed and i forgot about the account till i later needed another alt for priest stuff. 

• Like 1

This is such a cool post, Angelklaine. 

My name is an inside joke - it means Silent, or Quiet, which is so not how I am.  I'm long-winded, love people and love interacting and learning about them, and if I see injustice, I can't keep my mouth shut.  But I started on Chaos, and was told by the person who got me into the game that I would have to be very quiet and not interact with anyone or we would die, so I jokingly chose that. 
Camaril got me into the game.  We've been friends irl for a long time. She had shown me her village before, and I was like farming? smithing? why on earth would I come to a game to do work, this seems boring. LOL.  One day she decided to try Chaos, and was telling me she didn't want to do it alone.  I decided this was not a boring idea at all.  She tried everything to discourage me, telling me that I really should play pve first, that my personality wasn't cut out for it, that Wurm was hard and Chaos was Really hard, that she just wanted to make a small house and see how long she could survive in the freedom area. I convinced her it would all be totally fine, I mean, how hard could it be?
By day two, I had interacted with half the players in the game because I was crawling around in a red haze while babbling in GL, trying to figure out how to get two eagle spirits to leave my noob tent where they seemed to be trapped.  I had 23 corpses on the ridge where they had thrown me, and was convinced the freedom guards, who were there to protect me, were attacking me because one of them declared they would Join the fight with the eagles, and I thought they were on their team. To say it was a disaster is a colossal understatement. But what shocked me and amazed me, and still does to this day, was the amount of time and patience just about everyone I talked to had for a struggling, stubborn noob who thought for days they could maybe kill an eagle spirit with fight skill 2.63. The chat logs from that first week are the first thing that gets saved whenever I need to upgrade my PC. 

• Like 3

I stole it from a player of Continuum/Subspace years ago.  

Not sure it's a good thing, considering people think it's to do with drugs. I just thought it sounded cute.

Lol 🤷‍♀️

In WU I have, for the first time in any game, created a few alts.  A while ago I thought that if I did that I would use all names from the trickster archetype, but instead went for the most part with playing on "LowKey."  The first alt was specifically to serve as a GM so I called it "Lackey".  It later seemed a good idea to have a back-up for that (the alt's alt, if you will) which goes the name "Lucky" (It was going to be that or Lazy).  

I later created an alt specifically to collect my boat from the log in server and bring it to my "home" server (as much as there is one on a nomadic cluster).  As his function was essentially just to fetch things for me, I called him Igor.  I have for many years named home network machines Igor and Rosy, so it was already one of my go-to names.

Edited by TheTrickster

#bump

C'mon shy people share some stories

It wasn't hard to come up with my name, in a game I played longer than Wurm, cause Cecilia was already taken.

• Like 1

I think it's one of the coolest words in the english language and it describes nicely what there is to do in this game: a lot of things. 

• Like 1

Some friends of mine invited me to join them in an MMO I had never heard of before, so I downloaded it and hopped on with them.

I couldn't use any of my typical names when signing up, so I just came up with something silly off the top of my head that was meant to sound like a character from a Shakespeare play except dumber.

Little did I know I'd still be using it, in both a personal and professional capacity, ten years later. If I had known that, I would have put more thought into it!

I started playing a RTS game called Command and Conquer 20y ago and during my time playing it one of the main characters name was Anton Slavik (General Anton Slavik is a high-ranking commander serving in the Brotherhood of Nod in the Command & Conquer series) Anton Slavik . i enjoyed the game so much i decided to use Anton Slavik at my username through all the games if played and including consoles.

I have made several random characters, some doesnt feel like they belong in Wurm. So one day watch a movie "The Northman", wasnt a bad movie and when i saw that He-Witch and give me a idea to play a nordic character and try roleplay one in Wurm Online. Surprised no one took that name, but it does interest me and started to enjoying it. So there a Hewitch roaming around in Wurm!

THE NORTHMAN - Official Trailer 2 - Only in Theaters April 22 - YouTube

Edited by Darkelf

I started playing on couple months ago and had quite clear theme in my head about the possible names for my character. I wanted something related to Irish or Scottish folklore and that's how Caoineag was selected, it is a Scottish highland banshee and translates from Gaelic to English as "weeper". My tent is named accordingly as The Banshee pavilion 😄

• Like 1

I was looking around my room for inspiration. Saw my mousepad and figured, eh good enough. 

Miami Vice + Cao Ren (The Dwarf Dude from Dynasty Warriors/Three Kingdoms)

Literally.