Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

How did you come up with your character name?

C is absurd. No one would ever believe that story...

56 minutes ago, Enki said:

My player name started out of a bit of anonymity back when yahoo was still in its early days and we were all using netscape or explorer, or aol or that other one... um compuserv I think....  It was a partial random name that came up when I signed up for something back then and it had a bit of a history behind it from my youth.  But its not really a fashionable name,  just ended up with it and stuck with it for trying to avoid spam and other undesirable things.  I still use it today to keep people from realizing who it was that they were in communication with.

Enki on the other hand... 

A : It was cast up on me by the gods, marking me forever with that name as i ran out of ink to finish the entire name Enkiceptrilimanduvorzarous

B :  It's my actual name!  Check out my license plates!

C : Or I came up with it quickly to save Oracle and Rolf a lot of time and headaches trying to contact me.  4 characters, quick to type, and has good lore..

I am going to go with A, because you do tend to write out long winded stuff and then just quit halfway! Must be ADD...

Once upon a time I could not use my real name, Tom. So me and my friend tried Tman, Tomboy, CrazyT, then we settled on Madt.

My original nickname and first character Mackordian, currently Vynora priest alt in Wurm: just a merge of my two real world names. It was one of my primary nicknames for many years, but over time I slowly phased it out and it just remains in some MMO's where I have very old accounts.

My current primary nickname Warlander: completely random nick. I needed new nickname for character in MMO with perma-death (I couldn't reuse the old names) and came up with combination of two random words I came up with at that moment: "war" and "landing". Over time I liked how it sounds like more and more, until it became my primary nick everywhere.

• Like 1

I played Everquest starting in 2000.. I picked this name originally for an woodelf druid, Silvirwolfe Darkmoon as it seemed to fit with her at the time. I had also recreated her on a different server as a barbie shaman.

This name (and a few others that I now have as alts in Wurm) have traveled across many games. From pen and paper dnd, to EQ2, DND online, LoTRO, WoW... She's seen a lot in her lifetime.

(Also, anyone that knows me well, knows that I am a fan of wolves and anything silver, as my collection of horses in game will show)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madt said:

Once upon a time I could not use my real name, Tom. So me and my friend tried Tman, Tomboy, CrazyT, then we settled on Madt.

Mad Turkey is your actual name 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Holar said:

Mad Turkey is your actual name 

That'll stick with me forever. I forget who called me that first, think it was Tehheretic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madt said:

That'll stick with me forever. I forget who called me that first, think it was Tehheretic

Nah it was Fez on IS ventrillo 

Oh yeah so it was, those were fun times 🙂

• Like 1

Ready for the most invigorating story ever on how I chose my toons name??!?!?! Ok hold on! HERE WE GO!  Mah toons name is Glory, my rl name is Glory.  The end. 

• Like 1

In my heart of hearts, I'm a stargazer.  Spent many evenings as a young girl lugging a telescope into the fields outside my parents' house.  Sidereal time is the system that we use to do astronomy - using the stellar background as a frame of reference instead of the solar day.  Think of it as the time that the stars keep - and that's the time I keep in my heart.

I'll forgive you for using 'Side' as a nickname, but all my friends know that they should call me Auntie Sid. 🌟

On 3/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, Enki said:

Enki on the other hand... 

A : It was cast up on me by the gods, marking me forever with that name as i ran out of ink to finish the entire name Enkiceptrilimanduvorzarous

B :  It's my actual name!  Check out my license plates!

C : Or I came up with it quickly to save Oracle and Rolf a lot of time and headaches trying to contact me.  4 characters, quick to type, and has good lore..

And to think all this time, I thought I had you pegged as as a fan of Sumerian mythology.  🤨

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sidereal said:

In my heart of hearts, I'm a stargazer.  Spent many evenings as a young girl lugging a telescope into the fields outside my parents' house.  Sidereal time is the system that we use to do astronomy - using the stellar background as a frame of reference instead of the solar day.  Think of it as the time that the stars keep - and that's the time I keep in my heart.

I'll forgive you for using 'Side' as a nickname, but all my friends know that they should call me Auntie Sid. 🌟

And to think all this time, I thought I had you pegged as as a fan of Sumerian mythology.  🤨

Thanks for sharing! This is great.

• Like 1

I used to go by the name Timpy and later Tiimpy when I was a lot younger, I grew out of those names but liked having my front name in my nickname.

So That changed to Timoka, later Timoca and now Thimoca. I'm still using one of the older nicks in Wurm since I've had these accounts for quite some time :)

And when I make alts they usually go by the names Thimrandir, Thimrod, Thimrend and all that kind of stuff :P

Names that are easy to recognize as me :)

• Like 1

🎶

Come and listen to my story
'Bout a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer,
Barely kept his family fed.
And then one day
He was shootin' at some food,   

then....   🎶

A loud crash and I wake straight up in my bed hearing my name being called...     K A H N  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

I use Kahn or Khan  (or Kintec) for many characters,  derived from Star Trek (Khan Noonien Singh) first because it is easy type in chat, second most languages can pronounce it and is recognizable in chaotic voice chat during gaming raids, third most people get a laugh quoting Kirk yelling Khan's name during one iconic trek scene.   Star Trek Kahn Kaaaaan!

• Like 2

Stanlee worked for an alliance in a big village where he was Villager #427.

Villager #427's job was simple: he sat at his desk in house 427 and he pushed buttons on a keyboard.

Imping actions came to him through a monitor on his desk telling him what buttons to push, how long to push them, and in what order.

This is what Villager #427 did every day of every month of every year, and although others may have considered it soul rending,

Stanlee relished every moment that the orders came in, as though he had been made exactly for this job.

And Stanlee was happy.

• Like 3

If I wanted to be silly I mite choose "OIIOOIIOOIIIOIOIOIIIOOOI" which is fuq in binary. Is 24 characters allowed? And I might have to use l instead of upper case i. I'm not sure how the name thing formats case.

"My greatest regret is not being there to witness the bedlam that led to the state of this city." 

- Tangmazu, (the voice) from Path of Exile Delirium League. (Listen)

Bedlam and Archaic

Edited by Antony
Added audio clip link

12 hours ago, Ogare said:

If I wanted to be silly I mite choose "OIIOOIIOOIIIOIOIOIIIOOOI" which is fuq in binary. Is 24 characters allowed? And I might have to use l instead of upper case i. I'm not sure how the name thing formats case.

I think this would be worth pursuing! 🤪

01100100 01101111 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000  🙂

Platyna is a chemical element - Platinum, in Polish, I have it since childhood, due to my very bright hair (not any more heh), and chemistry interests. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

Kellen came from one of my 5th edition Gnome Bard from dungeons and dragons character (long live the bards!).

My other online persona is many different forms of Billybob (Bigbillybob, Deadbillybob, etc) which began back in 2004 with the release of WoW. Created a Tauren Druid and was trying to decide on a name. As I live in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma (commonly stereotyped as rednecks) and I was playing as a cow I decided to embrace the stereotype :)

Before that my online persona was known as Angell but I was just being an edge lord :D

6 hours ago, Amantnovi said:

I think this would be worth pursuing! 🤪

01100100 01101111 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000  🙂

Could store the binary in a pastebin and use the URL extension as the name. I think they're about 8 characters. Not sure about capitalization though.