Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

Locate artifact suggestion

It would be a nice idea if when you casted a locate artifact you could switch between 4 options.

Locate for Magranon

Locate for Fo
Locate for Vynora

Locate for Libilia.

And it would present a random one belonging to that god.

• Like 1

Sorry but have to disagree, interesting idea but too easy.

• Like 1

With the amount of artifacts available it would be really easy to locate a person carrying a certain artifact (for example scale of lib, which you're 100% gonna take when you're going out to pvp), so it would pretty much allow you to locate somebody on the other side of the map whenever you want, which doesnt really line up with the "recent" Locate Soul changes. Also it would be way too easy to find artifacts, isn't it supposed to be hard? Anyway thats a -1 from me.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Vomusu said:

With the amount of artifacts available it would be really easy to locate a person carrying a certain artifact (for example scale of lib, which you're 100% gonna take when you're going out to pvp), so it would pretty much allow you to locate somebody on the other side of the map whenever you want, which doesnt really line up with the "recent" Locate Soul changes. Also it would be way too easy to find artifacts, isn't it supposed to be hard? Anyway thats a -1 from me.

Spend some time locating arti and you'll realize that when you locate a player that is carrying an arti it doesn't tell you where said player is, only says "[artifact] is being carried by x player."

Also, if you've ever spent a bit of time locating artis you'd realize that it isn't just 'hard' but incredibly time consuming and tedious. It can sometimes take upwards of 1-2 weeks to narrow down the location of a single arti to a small enough area to dig it up, then in another 3 weeks you have to recharge it or it goes back into the ground. If it happens to be one of the artis that's only use is the 'use' function (ear, eye, mouth, etc), you can only use it a handful of times before it needs to be recharged again immediately. In other words, with the time it takes to dig up and keep most artis recharged these days, it just isn't worth it.

With this in mind, narrowing the search down a bit from 12 artis to 3 (each god has 3 artis) isn't so bad, especially when you consider RNG and your chances of hitting the same arti several times in a row. Whilst it may not be the perfect solution, it's definitely a step in the right direction. 

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 1

Ciray is correct. The only time it reveals a location is if you put it inside a chest on a deed or something.

What if we make artifacts slightly emerge from the ground? I mean something not too obvious and that will still require to locate and dig them up.

Like a little excalibur 😀 

Edited by Davy

On 3/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Davy said:

What if we make artifacts slightly emerge from the ground? I mean something not too obvious and that will still require to locate and dig them up.

Like a little excalibur 😀 

That would be a really cool idea tbh. I always loved the model for Sword in the Stone in the NW area of Chaos and the artifacts could draw some visual inspiration for that.

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 1