Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Strongwall timer reduced based on channeling

Strongwall takes an absurd amount of time to cast per tile and has no need for channeling which often gets it left to a dedicated strongwall alt to do. Having the cast time reduced by channeling (or some other priest based skill like the overall religion skill) down to something like 60 seconds at 100 would be nice. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, valodis said:

-1 Nah its fine how it is!

It's 3 minutes of complete non-interactivity where you look outside of the window of the game you're actually "playing".

• Like 2

It should at least be considered to shorten strongwall timer in PvE. There is a legitimate reason for the timer in PvP. The 3 minutes allow a team of miners to reopen a collapsed tile to be reopened before it can be reinforced (to my knowledge, the shaker orb cannot be used to reinforce, I may be wrong). 

can reinforce it with a beam in a few seconds even in pvp with people mining the tile

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

This is probably my favorite suggestion of the last 5 years.

+1

15 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

can reinforce it with a beam in a few seconds even in pvp with people mining the tile

You are right of course. Still the 3 minutes make sense as they allow those defending against the collapse to step in, as far as I understood. The cast would fail then because the tile were not empty, if I am not wrong. So the strongwall delay might make sense in PvP. In PvE, it is just useless and a pain, thus +1, at least for a seriously cut cast time, e.g. like every enchant or so.

I could see it scale down in time based on Channeling skill. Makes sense.

+1 Waiting on strong walling and meditating are generally my afk moments. The meditation time makes sense but yes I agree that strong walling should be influenced by skill levels.

OH PLEASE YES..im begging you.. I have 800 walls to either build reinforcements for. OR strongwall cast.  Id kill for even a 2 minute time sigh.

...and / or make woa / botd / ql on statues have effect like it was accidentally in game as a bug for a few days back in the past.

Edited by Jaz

+1 as long as there's limits on PvP servers when enemies are in local/outside friendly influence. 

• Like 2

+1

it is absurd how long it takes. There is no reason for it to be that long for what it is.