Sign in to follow this  
Cindi

Social Call,Wonder Lust

I love this game very, very,  much, I do, but while I was building my Pub, I became very disappointed, There was nothing  that would allow me to put out for guest to drink from with out much decay,, What if we could get cups are a tap? Something that would allow guest to receive drink from?? 

Second: There IS NOT event social events, things that bring us together, like the imp a longs, or the rifts, what about an annul campfire pow wow?

Third CAN WE PLZ Get random treasure boxes? Give Us s'thing to get excited about going out and exploring THIS wonderful world you have created for us

Thank You

• Like 2

1) If you set perms right on the building you can keep alcohol in large wine barrels that aren't sealed, you don't really need a cup for people since people wander with things like water skins already. Just make a well nearby for people to refill the water they'd have to pour out.

2) I don't get what you're trying to say here. The first part contradicts the second part. Impalongs still happen, as do rifts. If you want to see a different event type happen, then it's up to you first and foremost to get the ball rolling if you think you have a good idea.

alcohol does not decay.. use any MEASURING JUG.. you can set the amount how much to fill in them... from 0.01 to 10kg liquid.. pretty cool container already.... alternative.. flasks+sealing, jars, cups(never used one to drink with these..), bowls can have liquids in them.. etc.. (do NOT leave huge alcohol container for people to drink from it.. once somebody gets drunk.. starts to fail to drink and spills.. failing to drink from 2tons of huge oil barrel vodka.. RIP 2 tons of vodka.. in a second)

impalongs bring ppl for the free ~high ql items and enchants, for some it's also a place to gain skill(far from perfect for the last type but.. works for some)

rifts - rng drops and mm lumps, last place takes the rift materials or so it seems; add rift points anywhere in the list.. for the unique skins

campfire.. what's that.. who'd gather just to be there... there must be a reason.. for events to happen(bring people as same place and time)

I'd -1 the boxes.. gives candy to ppl for just walking/running around..(that already exists btw.. you find a decayed deed.. and you find your treasure or not; but.. sort of... it's already in the game)

On 3/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, Cindi said:

I love this game very, very,  much, I do, but while I was building my Pub, I became very disappointed, There was nothing  that would allow me to put out for guest to drink from with out much decay,, What if we could get cups are a tap? Something that would allow guest to receive drink from?? 

Second: There IS NOT event social events, things that bring us together, like the imp a longs, or the rifts, what about an annul campfire pow wow?

Third CAN WE PLZ Get random treasure boxes? Give Us s'thing to get excited about going out and exploring THIS wonderful world you have created for us

Thank You

I get where you are coming from with these ideas.

Wurm does tend to lack a certain casual gathering aspect. Gatherings tend to be all about what can I gain instead of just for the sake of hospitality and meeting people!

And who doesn't like finding hidden treasure! Pretty sure that's why a lot of people are into the archeology. But it would be nice to find something that isn't based on someone else's loss or leavings!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for voicing your concerns and expressing your need for more social life in game. Your needs are important and we hear you! :) 

Do not worry! - there is a big social event happening this summer - the Friend-A-Long on Pristine - it's an annual imp-along at Friendship Bay, Pristine, where you can hone your skills, take part in games for fun or prizes or just hang out and meet people! - why not come along and make some friends!

I am sure host VirusMD won't mind me linking to his Friend-A-Long page:

@Cindi

@Madnath

@Finn

@Katrat et al - I hope to see you all in game soon!

• Like 3

@MuseI kno' will go there, was waiting on some irl update to be sure if I can or will be busy, seems like I'm free

back to op topic:

About other events... wandering around and finding stuff seems cool but... certain people only or mostly explore, for different reasons.. and they will pretty much sweep 80ish % of the random boxes/chests you crave to find.. you'll end up still never finding anyting, just hearing how other do find such.

Some kind of imperfect not persistent mechanic .. to show them to some and not to others.. might be better suited to balance things.. but than.. carts with alts will be implemented to the hunts.. to still find and loot more of same boxes.. even if it's rendering per IP.. it's not that hard to change ip for 1 or another process and have an alt appear to login from somewhere else.. etc.. wurm alts.. this is why we can't have nice things, also the general farming the .... of anything new or cool. so.. idk if we could somehow overcome the killers of cool stuff... idea to have stuff to do is ok.

If you want specific events and get togethers, then organise them. 

imp alongs are the best event ,games n stuff . prizes . fights out back ,puzzles . u do actually meet people , get your own room for it  . i dont think u can top them ,meet all the wurmers there , fun as

On 3/17/2020 at 3:28 AM, Cindi said:

CAN WE PLZ Get random treasure boxes?

We have treasure chests on Elevation idk about other servers? they have decent stuff in them and you get some kinda points for opening them

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:55 AM, Finnn said:

alcohol does not decay.. use any MEASURING JUG.. you can set the amount how much to fill in them... from 0.01 to 10kg liquid.. pretty cool container already.... alternative.. flasks+sealing, jars, cups(never used one to drink with these..), bowls can have liquids in them.. etc.. (do NOT leave huge alcohol container for people to drink from it.. once somebody gets drunk.. starts to fail to drink and spills.. failing to drink from 2tons of huge oil barrel vodka.. RIP 2 tons of vodka.. in a second)

i

Beer, mead, sake and wine all decay if kept unsealed.

Distilled liquors (vodka, brandies, rum, etc.) do not.

So we can't have treasure hunts because it like everything else would be exploited? Then how do we stop the exploits?

Edited by Katrat